General > Movies and TV

The Friends Appreciation Thread

(1/62) > >>

TheOutlawXanadu:
I think I started one of these a few years ago. Wanted to revisit it.

Let's appreciate the show Friends. Is it the funniest show ever? No. Is it the best written show ever? No. Does it have plot points that make no sense? Yea. It's a flawed show, but I love it because it's about the easiest show to watch ever. It's just six characters and you watch them live their lives. Great show to watch to relieve stress or relax over.

Anyone else a fan?

KevShmev:
Big fan.  Always loved the show.  The first four or five seasons are pure gold, and the later seasons are mostly good as well despite some terrible storylines (the Joey/Rachel romance, the Tag character, etc.). 

Chandler Bing (before he got with Monica) was one of the funniest characters ever.

Also, Rachel was funniest when acting all crazy or aloof - like when obsessed with that Joshua guy, or right before she had her baby.

Sir GuitarCozmo:
I love it.  It's one of our go-to things to turn on whenever it may be on.  Have always loved it.  Something enduring about it.  I've seen these episodes a million times and will not likely ever get tired of them.

There are probably a handful that I don't like as much, but some that just really get me.  The prom video episode, I really liked.  When they realize what Ross was willing to do for Rachel and she just gets up, without a word, walks to him, and just lays it on him.  When I first saw that (fun fact - I saw that when it first aired) I was like "that is one of the greatest moments in all of television".

--- Quote from: KevShmev on March 27, 2012, 12:50:50 PM ---Chandler Bing Miss Chanandler Bong
--- End quote ---

:lol

KevShmev:
It's hard to top two specific episodes:

-The one where the guys win the apartment from the girls.  "Big Fat Monica!"

-The one where everyone knows about Monica and Chandler, and he and Phoebe have a battle of wits to see who can go further with the other before giving in. 

Jaffa:

--- Quote from: KevShmev on March 27, 2012, 12:56:40 PM ----The one where the guys win the apartment from the girls.  "Big Fat Goalie!"

--- End quote ---

FTFY.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version