Author Topic: Is there evil in Heaven?  (Read 5720 times)

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Is there evil in Heaven?
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 09:46:25 AM »
With my twisted, non-traditional, postmodern take on things, these are questions that I would just never think about in a million years.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline the Catfishman

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 11:02:03 AM »

again, smbc is surprisingly relevant to dtf discussions.

Offline Vivace

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 02:01:58 PM »
I thought heaven was supposed to be not a physical place but a state of being in which you are one with God.

That's a very new-age interpretation though, isn't it?

rumborak

Iraneaus in the 2nd century wrote of heaven as a material place, but this mindset was shaped against a backdrop of gnostism that was plaguing the Christian community at the time. It only took a few hundred years to make Iraneaus's idea of heaven heretical. So in answering your question, no, heaven as being in union with God is definitely not a new-age interpretation and goes back to the 5th century.

Not too sure what the above comic is supposed to suggest. Does the author mean that sin is categories in our mind? Not sure what philosophy he's getting that from. Besides the interpretation of heaven in the comic again would be considered wrong according to Catholic theology.
"What kind of Jedis are these? Guardians of peace and justice my ass!"

"Ha ha! You fool! My Kung Fu is also big for have been trained in your Jedi arts why not!"