Author Topic: Whirlwind guitar cables  (Read 513 times)

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
Whirlwind guitar cables
« on: March 21, 2012, 04:43:50 PM »
I know this should be in the musicians forum, but I don't know how many people use it.
Are Whirlwind cables decent? I'm cheap, but I'm getting ready to join a band, and somehow all of my guitar cables are missing out of my gig bag! I found them on Ebay for $5.99 after shipping. Just want to know if anyone has had bad experiences with them.
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: Whirlwind guitar cables
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 06:11:32 PM »
I don't know about Whirlwind but if you can afford it, go for Monster cables and NEVER throw away the receipt. They'll run you $29.95-34.95 (for the traditional lengths, 12'-21' or $12.95-16.95 for the pedal-to-pedal lengths, 8"-6') which may sound pricey but they have a lifetime guarantee. I actually swapped one out when it crapped out after a good 4 years of working perfectly well and only had to go to Guitar Center with the receipt and walked out with a brand new one within minutes. You may only get one replacement per that lifetime warranty but when you weigh in durability and warranty versus the cost you really can't go wrong.

Just do your homework to make sure nothing about the return policy has changed since I last bought one of their cables since I wanna make sure I didn't misinform you and good luck with the new band, dude :tup
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline 2Timer

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 06:17:00 PM »
Thanks for the info, man. I did go ahead and order 2 of the $6 Whirlwinds, though, since I have the audition in 2 weeks and I need cheap and fast. Also, I play wireless, so my cables really don't get any kind of wear and tear. I still might consider the Monster cables anyway, especially for my keyboard's direct box.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 06:31:25 PM »
Glad to help man. One small plus about getting them that I forgot to mention is that they come with a small baggy that has three or four differently colored slip-on rings that can be changed out on the plug part of the cable so you can color code which cable's going to which input/output.

Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline 2Timer

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 07:19:37 PM »
Oh, cool. Never saw that before.