Author Topic: recent JP interview, says Mangini will be included in writing process for DT12  (Read 7081 times)

Offline Ħ

Bandmember interviewed: John Petrucci
Interviewer:  www.spaziorock.it
Date: March 5, 2012Source:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be8rHhOO2wc&feature=related

Basically talking about wrapping up touring, looking at fan reactions to help them write setlists, and Mangini writing on the next album.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
Well, I'd be surprised if he'd stated the opposite... ;)
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline WildeSilas

Mike also told me last weekend that he would be/already has been involved. Good news!  :metal
No light at the end of the tunnel due to budget contraints

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
So he confirms that TGD was taken out so they could play both Outcry and BAI from the fans complaining..Cool!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
So he confirms that TGD was taken out so they could play both Outcry and BAI from the fans complaining..Cool!

That's weak.  TGD is a MUCH better song than BAI.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline XB0BX

That makes me happy, and guys, he had actually stated the opposite a few months ago. This makes me very happy.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
That's a funny video the way JP has to look up at whoever is asking the Q's and the way it is edited, it sounds like she keeps butting in.  :biggrin:

Offline Blackfield

I can almost guarantee you that the majority of the fans thinks otherwise.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder

Very smart move! :tup :tup

Offline Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni

:|
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!

i don't know about that, but it's a shitload better than Outcry. If they ditched Outcry for LNF, then it would have been a great move.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni

No.

i don't know about that, but it's a shitload better than Outcry. If they ditched Outcry for LNF, then it would have been a great move.

Maybe so.  Though I'm personally glad I got to see Outcry live - it was a pretty cool song for the live setting. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus

That's okay.  I can guarantee you that a lot of people think Obama's birth certificate was forged.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Nowhere near the majority. 
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
Can't understand why Outcry is gaining negative reactions. It's the best song on the album and great to see live, IMO. Its vocal melodies and arrangement remind me Metropolis.

That's very cool to know DT do care fans thoughts.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Can't understand why Outcry is gaining negative reactions. It's the best song on the album and great to see live, IMO.

^That.  ...although lately I've been feeling that Bridges In The Sky might actually be the "best," with Outcry being a very close second.  But close enough...

That's very cool to know DT do care fans thoughts.

In all seriousness, that.^

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
So can't wait for the second U.S leg.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
I'm really glad I got to see The Great Debate rather than Outcry when I saw them in Chicago. I've wanted to see The Great Debate for years.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Better song aside, they basically made the setlist a LOT more sterile by taking 15 minutes worth of show and making it the same song every night as opposed to rotating, and in the process they completely removed a song. I specifically love going to multiple DT shows because they vary up the sets, and I was REALLY looking forward to The Great Debate. So instead of seeing all three songs I ended up seeing two songs twice, lame.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline Tis BOOLsheet

• Banned

TGD is a MUCH better song than BAI.

Offline Tis BOOLsheet

• Banned

There are going to be more US shows on this tour?

Offline Pockets17red

• Unofficially Official Prog Archivist
  • If you don't like it, right up yours!

They've been doing at least two US tours during an album cycle since the Images and Words days with few exceptions.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 10:52:40 AM by Pockets17red »
Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!

They've been doing two US tours during an album cycle for a long time now
They already have a festival date in August in Quebec, so I don't see a reason not to come through a second time. Especially since they've coming through for a second leg for the past several tours, at least.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline MarkFitDT

NO!

Offline Aythesryche

• DT.net Veteran

That's okay.  I can guarantee you that a lot of people think Obama's birth certificate was forged.

Bosk1, I guess you and Obama share the same distaste for BAI:

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
That is amazing.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni

Online King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
It reminds me of the Kramer poster from Seinfield. :lol
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Phoenix87x

• From the ashes
  • The Phoenix shall rise
Well, I'd be surprised if he'd stated the opposite... ;)

Offline ytserush

• Like clockwork...

I see what you did there. 

For what's it's worth, I'd much rather see The Great Debate than Breaking All Illusions myself. But I'd rather see Breaking All Illusions than Lost Not Forgotten.

Offline olliemedsy

i saw them at wembley, and they played,  outcry and BAI
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:36:44 PM by olliemedsy »

Offline GasparXR

• Why would I put something personal here?
If I had to choose between Lost Not Forgotten and The Great Debate, I'd choose Breaking all Illusions. ;)

Now I just need to go to my first DT concert (it's taking too long!)

Offline Aquila Chrysaetos

Offline Tis BOOLsheet

• Banned
If I had to choose between Lost Not Forgotten and The Great Debate, I'd choose Breaking all Illusions. ;)

Now I just need to go to my first DT concert (it's taking too long!)

Well if they actually do come back to the US (assuming you live in the US), you should see this show ASAP.