Author Topic: Creative Writing Assistance Needed for a Friend...  (Read 445 times)

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Creative Writing Assistance Needed for a Friend...
« on: March 20, 2012, 06:17:38 PM »
Hey guys, a dear friend of mine is starting up a business where she is taking repurposed rescue gear, i.e. fireman and paramedic turnouts, and recycling them into retail items such as messenger bags, iPad cases, wallets, etc., and for each bag sold, her company will help give art supplies to underprivelaged children.  Here is the page for it for a better idea....

https://www.facebook.com/Ari.Creations.2012

(feel free to like the page too :) )

Anyhoo, what she is thinking of doing is putting some type of slogan or quote on the inside flaps of the retail items, brief statements relating art and rescue.  They can be your original line or a quote from somewhere else.  She is looking for a variety of quotes to add individuality to the products.  Since you all are such geniuses, I figured you guys would be a good source of help.  So if you would be so kind, give me original quotes or quotes from others about the two aspects of this business.  Any ideas or tips on the venture would be welcome too.  Thank you in advance!!!

Offline theseoafs

• When the lights go down in the city, and the sun shines on the bayyyyy
  • Hello! My name is Elder Price
Re: Creative Writing Assistance Needed for a Friend...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 06:28:43 PM »
That's a really cool idea. Is used rescue gear really so common, though?

Offline lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
Re: Creative Writing Assistance Needed for a Friend...
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 06:37:35 PM »
That's a really cool idea. Is used rescue gear really so common, though?

A hell of a lot more common than I thought.  The safety measures built into them, the heat resistant treating and such, breaks down after a certain amount of time, so firemen have to buy new gear every once in a while.  Some of it that can still meet standards gets sent to third world countries or to volunteer fire companies, but those they can't use really has no place to go.  She has made some good contacts with certain groups and is well on her way to her initial goal of 100 turnouts.  But the connections she has made hopefully will be long lasting.