Author Topic: Dennis Terry endorses Santorum: Tells non-Christians to "get out"  (Read 4987 times)

Offline The Dark Master

• Veteran of the Psychic Wars
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/19/dennis-terry-rick-santorum_n_1364414.html?ir=Politics&ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

So apparently, if you're not Christian, you should leave the United States.........

:\

Yeah, come and make me,  Terry you :censored .
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:15:17 PM by The Dark Master »

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Dennis Terry endorses Santorum: Tells non-Christians to "get out"
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 01:09:25 PM »
Yeah.

There's no reason to take what this guy says seriously.

Offline Rathma

• oh no she didnt
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 01:16:17 PM »
"I believe that Christians in America is the key to the economy turning around"  :rollin

Offline Rathma

• oh no she didnt
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 01:19:28 PM »
BUT SANTORUM IS CATHOLIC AND CATHOLICS AREN'T CHRISTIANS WAT

Offline Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 01:33:10 PM »
Interesting. 2 quick questions though.

1. Who is Dennis Terry?

2. Why should I care?
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 01:34:16 PM »

1. Who is Dennis Terry?

Nobody

2. Why should I care?
You shouldn't

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 01:53:46 PM »
We don't worship Buddha, we don't worship Mohammad, we don't worship Allah, we worship God, we worship God's son Jesus Christ.

No, we don't.  You and lots of others do and are entirely within your rights to do so.  Not everybody believes the same thing you do.  YOU get out.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 02:09:34 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F5-UdF-dXE&ob=av3e

EDIT: What the guy is saying shouldn't surprise I guess, what's disturbing however is Santorum clapping in the background.

rumborak
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:29:18 PM by rumborak »
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 03:12:43 PM »
Has Rick denounced that guy yet and explained away his standing ovation?

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 03:24:17 PM »
The funny thing is, this is what is holding back Romney from getting the nod.  He's not radical enough for the Republicans.  Shame that you have to be a certain way in a group.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 03:50:58 PM »

It hasn't even made national news yet amazingly (at least CNN doesn't have it).

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 04:47:44 PM »

1. Who is Dennis Terry?

2. Why should I care?

Well, when you open the link it says, "Pastor Dennis Terry", and that immediately told me doesn't know jack about anything other that getting people to give him their hard earned money.

Offline Rathma

• oh no she didnt
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 05:01:00 PM »
LOL

Offline jsem

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 05:09:37 PM »
"I believe that Christians in America is the key to the economy turning around"  :rollin
These kinds of supernatural views of the economy are just hilarious.

Offline yeshaberto

• Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 05:40:27 PM »
If by that statement a person means that the moral integrity (as also defined in Christianity) is core to a nation being economically prosperous, I would fully agree with this.

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 05:48:19 PM »

rumborak

Considering the shit that stirred up over Obama/Reverend Wright, I certainly hope that this shit will be picked up on. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 06:34:15 PM »

rumborak

Considering the shit that stirred up over Obama/Reverend Wright, I certainly hope that this shit will be picked up on. 

???  Because the would-be commander-in-chief associating with someone who publicly proclaimed that terrorist attacks on the U.S. were justified is the equivalent of anything Terry said?  Okay...
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 06:41:22 PM »
I think the difference here is that it's more likely than not that Santorum actually agrees with this guy.

Offline Rathma

• oh no she didnt
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 06:42:15 PM »
Yea I don't see this as newsworthy at all. This is just the way a lot of conservative Christians are.

Offline SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 06:47:49 PM »
So if it happens the remaining people at USA can play their own sims. Seriously though, considering USA is the center of different kind of people both religious and thought I believe there wouldn't be so many.

And you know what? How can someone dare to say to people to leave their home lands just because they are not suiting their "ideal" life. That's bullshit.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 06:53:09 PM »
And you know what? How can someone dare to say to people to leave their home lands just because they are not suiting their "ideal" life. That's bullshit.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying Terry's views are okay.  My point is simply that there is a huge difference between (1) the potential president associating and potentially agreeing with someone who condones an attack on the country, and (2) the potential president associating and potentially agreeing with someone whose religious and/or political views may be offensive.  #2 might be good reason to disagree with the guy, but #1 is a good reason to think he is not qualified for his office.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 06:58:11 PM »
Right, but Obama is not some manchurian candidate and there's no way any serious contender for President, let alone one who gets elected would possibly condone terrorist attacks on American soil.

I think the difference here is that it's more likely than not that Santorum actually agrees with this guy.

edit: Perhaps more likely than not is too strong. But certainly more likely than the Democratic nominee for President thinking we deserve terrorist attacks.

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2012, 07:03:21 PM »

rumborak

???  Because the would-be commander-in-chief associating with someone who publicly proclaimed that terrorist attacks on the U.S. were justified is the equivalent of anything Terry said?  Okay...

Except rev wright didn't say those attacks were justified. He said they were in response to our actions.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2012, 07:12:21 PM »

1. Who is Dennis Terry?

2. Why should I care?
Couldn't agree more. lol. This guy is nuts.  :lol
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2012, 07:14:29 PM »

rumborak

Except rev wright didn't say those attacks were justified. He said they were in response to our actions.

That.  Also, an introduction from someone is a much stronger association than visiting someone's sermons.  Santorum's actually bringing this guy into his political field, which greatly increases the effect of his words, if you ask me.  Obama's association was much more personal. 

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 07:55:15 PM »
I hope that doesn't spread much cause it's gonna cost a negative backlash on Santorum and the right wingers won't think to blame the Buddhists for it. To me it's not about what the guy said as much as it's about how much more spiteful you'll make his listeners feel if a big media backlash occurred because of it.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 07:57:45 PM »
it's just that librul media.

Offline The Dark Master

• Veteran of the Psychic Wars
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 11:31:22 PM »

How can someone dare to say to people to leave their home lands just because they are not suiting their "ideal" life. That's bullshit.

This is exactly what struck me about Terry's statement.  Even though it is safe to say that Christianity is still the largest religion in the US, there are an increasing amount of non-Christian Americans, and many of them weren't just born here; their familys have been living here for generations; Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Shintoists, Taoists, Muslims, and Vodouisants have been been emigrating to this country for decades, and in some cases, centuries.  They all have valid claims to being "American" as much as any Christian.

Hell, what about Native Americans?  Although many of them were nominally converted to Christianity, over the past several decades there has been a resurgence of the old ways in the Native American community, and they have been here far longer then any of European decent.  Are they supposed to just "get out" because they want to revere their ancestral deities?

And all that doesn't take into account Americans who willing converted from Christianity to Islam, Buddhism, Baha'i, Zoroastrianism, or Wicca/Neo-Paganism.  Does a voluntary change of faith make them any less American?   I think not.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying Terry's views are okay.  My point is simply that there is a huge difference between (1) the potential president associating and potentially agreeing with someone who condones an attack on the country, and (2) the potential president associating and potentially agreeing with someone whose religious and/or political views may be offensive.  #2 might be good reason to disagree with the guy, but #1 is a good reason to think he is not qualified for his office.

That's fair enough, but, even with a clear Christian majority, America is a nation of great religious diversity, so I would question whether a nominee who agrees with someone who says all non-Christian Americans should leave the country is  anymore qualified to be the leader of such a nation then a nominee who is affiliated to someone who said terrorist attacks on America were "justified".  While the latter may raise some concerns about national security, the former certainly raises concerns of gross ignorance about the nature of the domestic electorate, and betrays an inherent religious bias that, as far as I (and I'm certain many other non-Christian Americans) are concerned, qualifies as blatant bigotry against American citizens.  I would not want such a man as president and I certainly do not feel he should be leading a country of multiple faiths.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 11:55:25 PM by The Dark Master »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 04:28:02 AM »
This is an embarassment.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Rathma

• oh no she didnt
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 11:56:20 AM »
we don't worship Allah, we worship God

Yes you do  :lol

Offline Odysseus

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2012, 01:51:43 PM »
"I don't care what the liberals say, I don't care what the naysayers say, this nation was founded as a Christian nation..."

Crap.  Christianity is indeed a very large part of US religious life, but the country wasn't founded on it even though many of the founding fathers were Christians.

From the 1st amendment:

Congress shall make NO law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. [bold caps, mine]

The blowhard element of the faithful such as the good pastor would be well advised to note that this seperation of church and state actually protects their religion.

Offline Rathma

• oh no she didnt
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2012, 03:39:06 PM »
America's core values have nothing to do with Christianity anyways. Freedom, liberty, democracy, pursuit of riches and worldly happiness... If you want to apply the New Testament to politics go to some communist country.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.