Author Topic: Nakedness around non-spouse  (Read 10549 times)

Offline AndyDT

Re: Nakedness around non-spouse
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2012, 02:10:35 PM »
Yeah, I kinda hinted at that in my post before that one, but I didn't want to say it in case it did bother her.

I'm just saying that for a Christian especially I'd have thought that you'd take care not to be parading around half-naked. Needless to say you don't have to be christian to know or realise the virtue of this.

Honestly, no.

There is nothing inherently wrong with nudity.  It is our culture, actually only some cultures, which have taught us to hide our bodies and therefore get all excited when we actually get to see one.  God made us naked, and considered that to be our normal state.  When Adam and Eve covered themselves, that's when He knew they'd sinned and eaten from The Tree.  You could even make an argument that covering ourselves is therefore sinful, not going naked.

There are societies where both males and females run around naked, and there's no wanton raping or abuse going on.  Now, you may say "But those are primitive people.  We are civilized."  Why?  What does being "civilized" have to do with dressing comfortably and practically?  They live where it's 100 degrees and humid, so they wear little to nothing.  We live where it gets cold, so we wear clothes.  Clothes are first and foremost protection against the elements, not something to hide our bodies because it's sinful for others to see them.  That's why it's perfectly okay to be naked or partially naked in a locker room.  Everyone just got out of a shower, or is going in.  It's just practical, and you'll notice that the vast majority have no problem with this.
I'm not concerned really with the "vast majority". I'm concerned with what seems congruent.

This is not because we're all Godless heathens.  It's because we're comfortable with what He gave us, and nudity does not equal sexuality.

There are beaches where it is permissible for women to go topless, or all persons to just go naked.  I've never been to one, but my understanding is that people do not go around ogling each other, and let's face it, if men were aroused by this, it would be obvious.  There's a little bit of that, but that can be chalked up to an involuntary hormonal reaction; the vast majority of guys and gals behave themselves.  Why?  Because it's rude to stare and unacceptable to walk around at half-mast.  If you have that problem, don't go there.  But again, the vast majority of people are just there to get some sun, and the best way to do that is to take your clothes off.

I know others have said it, but I can't help repeating it.  You seem to be the only one with this problem, Andy.  Now, which do you think is more likely: Literally everybody around you is Godless and sinful and you are the only one who sees it, or you're taking an idea which admittedly has some merit and going much farther with it than was originally intended?
I'm not judging. I'm just saying for me it's congruent with Christianity to not be exposed any more than I can help it with anybody other than the person I'm intimate with. So I don't want to be frotting in the changing rooms or strutting about in a mixed dojo.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2012, 02:54:21 PM »
I just don't see where you get the idea that Christianity dictates that you have to shelter yourself from any situation where you might be showing some skin.  This is not offerring yourself sexually; this is not parading around with the intention of arousing anyone; this is a normal activity that just happens to involve a state of partial undress.  I challenge you to find anything in the scriptures that says it is wrong.

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2012, 03:25:12 PM »
I must have missed something.  When did frotteurism come into play?  I'm pretty sure the people in your dojo don't want that either, Andy.

As for modesty, it seems to me that's strictly a social construct.  How do you know if your god prefers 19th century Victorian to 1st century Judean?
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2012, 03:33:05 PM »
this is not parading around with the intention of arousing anyone
It's not even parading yourself without the intention of arousing people for that matter.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2012, 05:09:43 PM »
I just don't see where you get the idea that Christianity dictates that you have to shelter yourself from any situation where you might be showing some skin.  This is not offerring yourself sexually; this is not parading around with the intention of arousing anyone; this is a normal activity that just happens to involve a state of partial undress.  I challenge you to find anything in the scriptures that says it is wrong.
I said congruence, not legalism. If it 'just happens' ok but  i'm not talking about that.

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2012, 05:30:49 PM »
I guess I don't understand "congruence" in this context.

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2012, 05:49:44 PM »
Dude, chill out, don't follow other people's advice (asides from mine) and just do what feels right to you instead of what feels right in the view of others.
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Online Adami

• Moderator of awesomeness
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2012, 05:57:37 PM »
Andy, I've given this a lot of thought, and by not walking around naked all of the time (aside from bad weather of course), you're actually doing the world a disservice. Now, as you've said, you have an amazing body. Your arms are like potatoes in a legging, just great muscles. Your legs could crush wallnuts and your knees are just the right amount of sharpness. Your abs are just inspiring andy, just god damn inspiring. I want to grate cheese on them. Your chest would put Kirk Douglas in his prime to shame. Your chin is just pure sex, no other way to say it and I could get lost forever in your eyes. Now don't even get me started with your penis. Now, I could see what god was going for with Ron Jeremy, but he clearly perfected it with you. Your testicles as well, hang just the right amount and have the perfect swing to them. Now, it's true you might cause spontaneous arousal when you walk around naked, in fact it's a guarantee that you will. However it's worth it. Men will see you and will realize that you are the ideal figure and will work harder to even achieve a 10th of what you achieve just by being you. Women will see you, and if they are in a relationship, they will please their husbands so much more thanks solely to your inspiration. By merely walking around naked Andy, you will be benefiting everyone who gets the pleasure of seeing you. The world will be a bit brighter and I'm pretty sure the world leaders will realize that all of their wars over who has the biggest dick are futile because...well, you do Andy, not any of them.

So next time you ask yourself "Should I allow anyone besides my non existent girlfriend to see me naked" say "YES!" and big loud YES. For the love of all that is holy Andy, let the world bask in the glory of your british wang.
fanticide.bandcamp.com

Offline slycordinator

« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2012, 06:08:37 PM »
 :rollin

Offline Orbert

• Recovering Musician
  • EZBoard Elder
  • In and around the lake
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2012, 09:26:58 PM »
Wait... Andy is British?

:omg:

I had no idea.  This changes everything!

Offline TempusVox

• Descendant of Primus
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2012, 07:58:38 AM »
Wow at this thread...Andy you wouldn't by any chance own a "discipline' would you?
You don't HAVE a soul.You ARE a soul.You HAVE a body.
"I came here to drink milk and kick ass; and I just finished my milk."

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2012, 09:18:25 AM »
Andy, I've given this a lot of thought, and by not walking around naked all of the time (aside from bad weather of course), you're actually doing the world a disservice. Now, as you've said, you have an amazing body. Your arms are like potatoes in a legging, just great muscles. Your legs could crush wallnuts and your knees are just the right amount of sharpness. Your abs are just inspiring andy, just god damn inspiring. I want to grate cheese on them. Your chest would put Kirk Douglas in his prime to shame. Your chin is just pure sex, no other way to say it and I could get lost forever in your eyes. Now don't even get me started with your penis. Now, I could see what god was going for with Ron Jeremy, but he clearly perfected it with you. Your testicles as well, hang just the right amount and have the perfect swing to them. Now, it's true you might cause spontaneous arousal when you walk around naked, in fact it's a guarantee that you will. However it's worth it. Men will see you and will realize that you are the ideal figure and will work harder to even achieve a 10th of what you achieve just by being you. Women will see you, and if they are in a relationship, they will please their husbands so much more thanks solely to your inspiration. By merely walking around naked Andy, you will be benefiting everyone who gets the pleasure of seeing you. The world will be a bit brighter and I'm pretty sure the world leaders will realize that all of their wars over who has the biggest dick are futile because...well, you do Andy, not any of them.

So next time you ask yourself "Should I allow anyone besides my non existent girlfriend to see me naked" say "YES!" and big loud YES. For the love of all that is holy Andy, let the world bask in the glory of your british wang.

But how would Jesus feel?

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2012, 09:19:59 AM »
Guys I'm finding many of the posts in this thread regarding nakedness very arousing. Please stop lest God strike ye down.

Offline Ryzee

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2012, 10:33:00 AM »
Adami's post was beyond arousing.  Once I got to the part about Andy's chin I had to close my eyes so I wouldn't lose control of my humanity and just become a sexual animal.  And the part about his testicles?  Goodness gracious yes. 

Oh wait, how did i know about the testicle part if I closed my eyes at the chin part?  I gave in to temptation and peeked, for I am a weak man.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2012, 10:50:32 AM »
As time goes on, I further suspect Adami to be LeeHarveyKennedy's alt.  Absolutely amazing.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2012, 08:34:42 PM »
As time goes on, I further suspect Adami to be LeeHarveyKennedy's alt.  Absolutely amazing.
Oh, no.  Adami's greatness predates LHK's. 
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2012, 09:10:10 PM »
As a general rule I don't listen to American protestant ministers.

Offline Orion1967

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2012, 02:10:30 PM »
What about around other men? In the changing rooms there's often men standing naked in front of each other. In an extreme case I saw (for two seconds until I walked away) a married guy flapping his penis around with moisturiser in front of another guy who was making no effort at modesty when talking to him.
I have to ask....   

...were you excited?  :lol

...sorry.

(goes and sits in the corner)
Cool Story Bro. 

Tell it again

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2012, 03:42:24 PM »
What the hell I just read?  :lol

Yeah the hell!  :neverusethis:
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2012, 07:29:31 PM »

This was hands down the funniest thing I have ever read on DTF  :rollin

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2012, 02:49:16 PM »
This thread...

Ohh, this thread...
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2012, 10:34:08 PM »
I am reading this thread again, this time without pants. Will post results.
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2012, 11:40:13 PM »
As long as you do so without using your hands... or your feet... then I approve.

Offline lateralus88

• The Official DTF Stanley Kubrick Fanboi
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • I stabbed Euronymous because he drank my PBR
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2012, 12:55:36 AM »
 ::)
I felt its length in quite a few places.

Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #3

Offline Nel

• Humorless Bore
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2012, 01:16:01 AM »
As long as you do so without using your hands... or your feet... then I approve.

Also remember to clean off that keyboard!  :tup
Hire me. I'm talentless but malleable.