Author Topic: 2012-05-02 - Kallang Theatre - Singapore, SIN  (Read 6580 times)

Offline davzdrummer

2012-05-02 - Kallang Theatre - Singapore, SIN
« on: March 08, 2012, 10:33:39 AM »
I actually live here in the Philippines, but I'm definitely going to Singapore since it is the nearest I can get to see DT again.  Anyone here from Singapore or Philippines who are going to the event as well?  I'm also interested in getting a meet and greet, anybody here who knows about it?  :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 11:03:32 AM by cyberdrummer »
8th of September 2010

''My name is Mike; I hit things for a living.'' ~ MM

Offline andri_ab

Re: 2012-05-02 - Kallang Theatre - Singapore, SIN
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:12:58 PM »
I plan to go  there too.  I'm from Jakarta.  Since the available information is still very limited, I just can share you my experience while I watched DT in Singapore January 2008.  First I bought common ticket, then I upgrade to VIP with meet & greet.  The organizer was LAMC Productions.  I don't know yet for this year event who is the organizer.  It's better to monitor the organizer info for any detail M&G program.

Offline davzdrummer

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 07:20:58 AM »
I plan to go  there too.  I'm from Jakarta.  Since the available information is still very limited, I just can share you my experience while I watched DT in Singapore January 2008.  First I bought common ticket, then I upgrade to VIP with meet & greet.  The organizer was LAMC Productions.  I don't know yet for this year event who is the organizer.  It's better to monitor the organizer info for any detail M&G program.

I was there at Fort Canning Park too, it was raining that night.  I was not able to get M&G since I was still unemployed back then  ;D, but still cool experience.  LAMC Productions will still be the organizer, the event is up in their website.  However, Sistic sucks!  The tickets are still not available.  :facepalm:
8th of September 2010

Offline machista.x

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 08:24:56 PM »
dear andri, have you got any info on dt ticket for kallang venue ?

Offline franee

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 02:17:35 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm from cebu, philippines. Planning to also go to the concert.

Contacted Sistic regarding the concert not listed on their website:
Thank you for contacting SISTIC.

We refer to your enquiry regarding Dream Theatre and wish to inform you that ticket sales for this event has been postponed.

We suggest that you visit our website www.sistic.com.sg periodically for updates on this event and ticket sales commencement information.

You may subscribe to our free newsletter SISTIC Buzz via our website www.sistic.com to be notified on new events and ticket sales commencement for popular shows.

Should you have any other enquiries, feel free to e-mail us again or contact us at Tel: +65 6348 5555.

Regards,

Burrell
Customer Communications Officer, Customer Services & Channel,

Offline davzdrummer

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 07:55:52 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm from cebu, philippines. Planning to also go to the concert.

Contacted Sistic regarding the concert not listed on their website:
Thank you for contacting SISTIC.

We refer to your enquiry regarding Dream Theatre and wish to inform you that ticket sales for this event has been postponed.

We suggest that you visit our website www.sistic.com.sg periodically for updates on this event and ticket sales commencement information.

You may subscribe to our free newsletter SISTIC Buzz via our website www.sistic.com to be notified on new events and ticket sales commencement for popular shows.

Should you have any other enquiries, feel free to e-mail us again or contact us at Tel: +65 6348 5555.

Regards,

Burrell
Customer Communications Officer, Customer Services & Channel,

Told ya, sistic sucks!  :tdwn I got that email as well.
8th of September 2010

Offline strange_dejavu

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 01:59:08 AM »
I signed up to say I bought my tickets today!! WOO HOOOO!!!  :metal :metal

Offline davzdrummer

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 10:53:28 AM »
I signed up to say I bought my tickets today!! WOO HOOOO!!!  :metal :metal

Got mine too, see you there! :2metal:

Still waiting for M&G package though...
8th of September 2010

Offline andri_ab

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 10:45:38 PM »
@machista.x, Sistic info regarding the ticket already available.  Since it was a seating venue, I surfed several times and got the seat for Cat 1 (the highest price, SGD 168) is starting from row H.  I still try to get the row C,D or E.  ;) thru contacting my friend in Singapore.  But still no result, because he must come to LAMC office to confirm.  I worry that there is a special price ticket with additional SGD 100, and the front row C,D or E and number 10-24 is dedicated for these ticket holders.  That is the best seat I guess.  In the middle & right in front of the stage.

If I can not get this C,D or E row, I probably take the cheaper price ticket.

-andri-

Offline andri_ab

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 01:41:05 AM »
No information about the front middle seat, I took the cheapest ticket in Circle Center L2 Row CI Seat 17.  C u there!

-andri-

Offline davzdrummer

8th of September 2010

Offline andri_ab

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 09:49:37 PM »
Cool pict man! Mangini & La Brie look so fresh.. after taking a bath I guess :) Is that taken after the show?

Even there is a tehcnical problem, the show was great.  At first, I complained that La Brie's voice is very bad.. It was at the first song.  But then Myung did not appear on stage.. change of setlist and they played the acoustic before Outcry.. and when Petrucci informed that at the stage they can't hear anything, I understood.  But it was so surprising that the music was played very good, even they can't hear anything.  And Petrucci said.. that's why we always practice.. practice and practice. 

-andri-

Offline Mladen

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 03:03:56 AM »
Great photo, mate.  :tup

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 02:26:18 PM »
Cool pict man! Mangini & La Brie look so fresh.. after taking a bath I guess :) Is that taken after the show?

Even there is a tehcnical problem, the show was great.  At first, I complained that La Brie's voice is very bad.. It was at the first song.  But then Myung did not appear on stage.. change of setlist and they played the acoustic before Outcry.. and when Petrucci informed that at the stage they can't hear anything, I understood.  But it was so surprising that the music was played very good, even they can't hear anything.  And Petrucci said.. that's why we always practice.. practice and practice. 

-andri-
That sounds terrifying to the band. I would be so lost, but I guess hearing MM's drums on an un-mic'ed level probably helped quite a bit.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline joogster

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 09:53:48 AM »
I flew to Singapore last week to watch the band and it was an awesome experience once again!! Highlight for the show would be Outcry, wherein they played without their inner-ear monitors since it was not working. JP even said after the song they they didn't know how they got through that one, and reminded everyone to know the notes, and practice, practice, practice!!

Anyhow, prior to me going to Singapore,  there was a last minute contest for the Meet and Greet organized by the promoter, (you have to show your ticket and other memorabilia in FB) and I was one of the 3 lucky ones who got chosen. Also met Davz and his brother during the M&G! Very cool guys!

They were so gracious and very down to earth. You really do feel speechless/awestruck when you do get to meet your heroes. At least I didn't freak out and just went with the flow. This was my 3rd DT show and 3rd time's a charm indeed!! Dream come true!

Offline davzdrummer

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2012, 10:44:34 AM »

-andri-

Yep it was an after show m&g.  Thanks, Andri! :)
8th of September 2010

Offline davzdrummer

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 10:52:53 AM »
I flew to Singapore last week to watch the band and it was an awesome experience once again!! Highlight for the show would be Outcry, wherein they played without their inner-ear monitors since it was not working. JP even said after the song they they didn't know how they got through that one, and reminded everyone to know the notes, and practice, practice, practice!!

Anyhow, prior to me going to Singapore,  there was a last minute contest for the Meet and Greet organized by the promoter, (you have to show your ticket and other memorabilia in FB) and I was one of the 3 lucky ones who got chosen. Also met Davz and his brother during the M&G! Very cool guys!

They were so gracious and very down to earth. You really do feel speechless/awestruck when you do get to meet your heroes. At least I didn't freak out and just went with the flow. This was my 3rd DT show and 3rd time's a charm indeed!! Dream come true!

Nice to meet you too, bro!  Our side of the story in winning the contest was when we arrived at my friend's place at SG, I checked my facebook to see if DTSG already has a m&g package.  I noticed that they came up with a contest, just like you've stated.  I almost panicked since most of my DT stuff was at home in the Philippines.  But lucky me, I've already took a picture of each of my DT collection and made an album on my facebook page even before the contest.  So what I did was just paste the link on DTSG's page, then the rest was history.  Dream come true indeed!

Hopefully DT will come to our country in the near future. :2metal:
8th of September 2010