Author Topic: DT bootleg torrent tracker project  (Read 5546 times)

Offline tohmy

DT bootleg torrent tracker project
« on: March 08, 2012, 01:12:01 AM »
Hi,

Some of you might know me from when I used to run an FTP server called tommys-bootlegs.dyndns.org that had a ton of DT bootlegs.

For a few years now I`ve been thinking about setting up a dedicated DT torrent tracker, not only to share my wast collection but also to have a go to place when fans are looking for a certain performance or tourdate.
I know there was a site called DTtrader.com, but I have no idea what happened  to them.
So my main two concerns are: 1. Does such a tracer already exist? 2. Would anyone but me care if such a tracker would exist?

The tracker I have in my mind would probably be based on Gazelle and be set up so that each show date would be the entry and can contain various quality sources. And the setlist would be linkable so that when you click on Pull me under you would get all bootlegs with pull me under. Tours could be made as Collections and some kind of a rating system.

I do have some experience in setting up webservers and wordpress blogs,  but never a torrent tracker. I`m looking at how sites like [OH DEAR OH DEAR] are set up and would like to apply that to a DT tracker.

I`m kinda throwing this idea out there to see if anyone`s interested and if someone would like to help out setting the whole thing up:)

Cheers,

Tommy
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 04:59:26 PM by XJDenton »

Offline phantom

• Turn the key, walk through the gate...
  • Another Bootlegs Maniac
Re: DT bootleg torrent tracker project
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 01:32:45 AM »
Hi.
I've no clue about how to start a tracker, but I support your idea.
There are a few places already with many DT bootlegs, but maybe this can be THE most extensive source.
I wish it could be done also with Porcupine Tree, but they don't allow online trading  ::)
Anyway, go for it  :tup

The Dreams & The Bricks

Offline jmarkwilson

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 07:20:13 AM »
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Offline MajorMatt

• DT.net Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 07:36:45 AM »
Indeed, sounds like an awesome idea!

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 09:57:38 AM »
Indeed, sounds like an awesome idea!

It IS a good idea! As for the OP, there's no specific tracker, just a DC++ hub. I would gladly add my semi-massive collection to yours to gather up a somehow important database :)
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 05:03:11 PM »
tohmy, you mentioned at least 3 sites that deal in illegitimate content in your original post

2a. Sharing, requests for sharing, offers to share, or discussion of illegally obtaining pirated material is strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, warez, direct links, asking for links/files, and hinting at resources for finding the material.

As you are new, please consider this a friendly reminder, and please ensure you study the rules before posting in future.
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 10:14:07 AM »
Great idea. You should check this link
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline dreamrafa

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »
Great to hear back from you Tommy!, and your idea sounds great!...

Sorry i cant help you about setting a tracker, im hoping you can figure it out or aomeone more experienced can help...

Best regards!

Offline tohmy

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 02:10:58 AM »
@Tomislav95 Thanks for the tip. The Snakebite project seems to be closed though:/

The easiest way would be to just use some open tracker to share the .torrent files, but I think it would be cool to to have all the tour dates with setlists on the tracker.
The tracker would be private and not open I think and with some kind of a loose ratio system.
Everything officially released would of course be omitted, but the dates with setlists would appear. maybe with a link to amazon/ytsejam.
https://www.admin-hosting.com seems the way to go for the server and now i`m trying to find the tracker software that would suit the project best.

cheers,

Tommy