Author Topic: lol Lou Dobbs  (Read 2113 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
lol Lou Dobbs
« on: March 01, 2012, 09:40:15 AM »
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Re: lol Lou Dobbs
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 09:46:49 AM »
Is it just me or is the right, as an institution in the United States, close to moral bankruptcy? They just seem to be thrashing around as of late.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 10:49:30 AM »
"The right" doesn't truly describe anything. You can talk about the Republican party, in which case I would mostly agree, but there are plenty of conservatives out there with morals in tact.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 11:29:23 AM »
That's why I had put the word "institution" in my post. The people themselves probably will not have changed much. But as an institution, i.e. its public outlets etc., it seems they're running on fumes these days.

rumborak

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 11:48:37 AM »
Sort of like those liberal bastards on Sesame Street.  These sorts of allegations have been going around for ages.

In the end it won't matter.  People will still take their kids to see these movies, and the people who won't because of the [alleged] political message are so whacked out that they and their kids are lost causes anyway.

Think I've posted this here before, but it's so great it should probably be posted daily.
https://christiananswers.net/spotlight/movies/pre2000/i-titanic.html
For years I've been fascinated about the likely development of a girl who's told at "an emergency round table discussion" that she won't be allowed to see Titanic because it's filthy, depraved and immoral.  I'd bet good money that she grew up to be a filthy, depraved and immoral young lady. 

And as a filthy, depraved and immoral old man,  I find this somewhat kick ass.  :lol
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »
Arrietty...an entirely Japanese creation...is left-wing brainwashing? Lorax I can understand where they're getting their ammo, but Arrietty?
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 02:33:26 PM »
@Barto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBMxpDbp51A

And Sesame Street isn't run by liberal bastards  >:( (ruining my fucking childhood)

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 03:07:27 PM »
Dear Lou Dobbs,

:youfail:

Sincerely,

Every rational human being

I doubt he REALLY believes this (or at least that's my hope), and its just a publicity stunt to rile up right-wingers.

Next, he'll claim that it's a conspiracy that left-wingers score more goals in hockey than right-wingers.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 07:47:50 AM »
Lou Dobbs is not a very bright man at all.  Better for him to be ignored.

Offline TL

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 11:14:42 AM »
Isn't Lou Dobbs the guy who used to be on CNN, and was always going on about how Canada, the US, and Mexico were totally going to merge and become one country? It was all supposed to go down by, like, 2006 or something.

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 11:20:52 AM »
Yeah, that was him. He also went on crazy rants about illegal immigration and such.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 02:21:23 PM »
Dobbs is an idiot. I loved Disney movies as a kid, and look how I turned out. Not exactly a democrat.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 05:25:33 PM »
Dobbs is an idiot. I loved Disney movies as a kid, and look how I turned out. Not exactly a democrat.

Nowadays kids are more concerned with trade deficits and market bubbles than they are with getting candy and video games.  They're very advanced.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 11:19:10 AM »
@Barto

And Sesame Street isn't run by liberal bastards  >:( (ruining my fucking childhood)

NSIS?  The Cookie Monster rapping about eating vegetables makes the people who run Sesame Street "liberal bastards?  ???

Offline chknptpie

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 12:11:36 PM »
Sort of like those liberal bastards on Sesame Street.  These sorts of allegations have been going around for ages.

In the end it won't matter.  People will still take their kids to see these movies, and the people who won't because of the [alleged] political message are so whacked out that they and their kids are lost causes anyway.

Think I've posted this here before, but it's so great it should probably be posted daily.
https://christiananswers.net/spotlight/movies/pre2000/i-titanic.html
For years I've been fascinated about the likely development of a girl who's told at "an emergency round table discussion" that she won't be allowed to see Titanic because it's filthy, depraved and immoral.  I'd bet good money that she grew up to be a filthy, depraved and immoral young lady. 

And as a filthy, depraved and immoral old man,  I find this somewhat kick ass.  :lol

Geez, I wonder what that person thinks of Gone in 60 seconds, or any of the Ocean## movies.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 12:39:39 PM »
@Barto

NSIS?  The Cookie Monster rapping about eating vegetables makes the people who run Sesame Street "liberal bastards?  ???

Nobody but a tree-hugging Commie would despise Chicken McNuggets and Twinkies, the cornerstones of a true American meal.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 01:19:28 PM »
@Barto

Come on, it's been shown that having a BMI < 30 is associated with being liberal:

Clearly, Sesame Street is insidiously trying to liberalize people by having them eat healthily.

rumborak

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 01:24:03 PM »
Ah, sarcasm, how I love thee

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2012, 01:33:08 PM »
How does Hawaii have no data? :lol

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »
I loved Disney movies as a kid, and look how I turned out. 

I can literally sense the shares of Disney plummeting as a direct result of this post.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."