Author Topic: Haggard (Symphonic metal) from Germany  (Read 386 times)

Offline TimelessSymphony

• just a random guy
Haggard (Symphonic metal) from Germany
« on: February 28, 2012, 08:57:55 PM »
i totally dig this band, i was wondering if you guy's ever heard of it... They use a real orchestra and it has a "classical-baroque-esque" feeling to the music and also with death metal influences (well i think it's death metal)...  :metal

here's the album releases of the band:

1997 - And Thou Shalt Trust The Seer
2000 - Awaking The Centuries
2004 - Eppur Si Muove
2008 - Tales of Ithria
2012 - Grimm

Here's some background info of the band:

Haggard was founded in 1991 and originally played death metal. They changed their musical style after their first demo tape, Introduction in 1992, becoming a band with symphonic melodies and classical instruments but folk themes. The album And Thou Shalt Trust... the Seer marked their breakthrough in 1997. After their second album Awaking the Centuries (the life of the prophet Nostradamus), they toured through Mexico twice. In 2004, they released their third album Eppur Si Muove which is about the life of Italian scholar, Galileo Galilei, sentenced to house arrest for heresy by the Catholic Church for supporting Copernicus' claim that the Earth revolved around the sun.

:heart this band  :metal

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
Re: Haggard (Symphonic metal) from Germany
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 09:26:25 PM »
Me and Metty make 3 fans.  Don't think there will be many others though.

Offline Jaq

• Favorite song by Europe: Carrie.
Re: Haggard (Symphonic metal) from Germany
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 07:51:54 AM »
Been ages since I heard about this band, my ex-girlfriend was into them when we first started dating. And that was a WHILE ago.
The bones of beasts and the bones of kings become dust in the wake of the hymn.
Mighty kingdoms rise, but they all will fall, no more than a breath on the wind.