Author Topic: Family Guy Thread (& other MacFarlane shows)  (Read 79458 times)

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Maurice Moss: Cooler than you
Re: Family Guy Thread (& other MacFarlane shows)
« Reply #175 on: January 03, 2010, 07:31:14 PM »
Episode was so :lol

I love this show so much

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #176 on: January 04, 2010, 09:12:54 PM »
I think this week's episode of The Cleveland Show was the worst yet. The only reason I watch it is because it's in the same clan as American Dad and Family Guy, but it's just so terrible. Cleveland was never an interesting character on Family Guy, but he was always the calm, level headed guy of the group, and because of that I was fairly indifferent to him. But in The Cleveland Show I find he's just obnoxious and annoying, and this week's episode was the biggest offender yet.

This week's Family Guy was ok, but I'm still tired of them making Peter so blatantly retarded, rather than the likable stupidity of earlier seasons.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ReaPsTA

• DT.net Veteran
  • Addicted to the pain
« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2010, 11:31:50 PM »
I watched Something, Something, Something, Dark Side on DVD. Not bad. Once again, I'm impressed with how they compressed the whole plot into 60 minutes without missing too much important stuff. The only thing I'm bummed out with is how they didn't get Chris kissing Lois in there, which had so much potential for hilarity. I don't know if it's as good as Blue Harvest, but it was quality stuff. Although the funniest moment was during the opening crawl. Take that however you wish.
Take a chance you may die
Over and over again

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #178 on: January 05, 2010, 07:10:17 AM »
"You know how much that cost? 58,000 dollars" :lol

Offline shadowfex

« Reply #179 on: January 06, 2010, 02:06:00 AM »
Family Guy and Star Wars is a great mix. I think there were enough family guy moments to keep people interested if they are not into star wars and plenty of humour that would only be funny for star wars fans. Trying to appeal to both audiences must be pretty difficult I would imagine.
My Dad for instance, can't stand family guy but he loves the star wars episodes.

Some of the funniest moments - The bag of ice, "I love you Han" "Fuck off", Lando wearing Han's clothes, the opening credits.

Some of the not so funny moments - Chris singing with his other head, Yoda talking about dvd releases.
"Once he had forests and mountains that were only his - listening to him. Once he would run through the summer days catching memories for ages to come. Now he is dressing this naked floor with his flesh and blood, and time passes by. His trade of pain might just have lead him to deal with consequence for some change as time passes by"

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2010, 09:59:03 AM »
Yeah, I thought Something, Something, Something Dark Side was not as funny as Blue Harvest, but still there's some good stuff there.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2010, 05:27:58 AM »
The recent couple FG episodes we haven't discussed were decent, nothing special but a few very funny cutaway gags.
But the recent American Dad episodes have been nothing short of amazing I must say, that episode Rapture Delight is one of the best epsidoes ever imo, a real 5 starer.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2010, 05:43:43 AM »
The recent couple FG episodes we haven't discussed were decent, nothing special but a few very funny cutaway gags.
But the recent American Dad episodes have been nothing short of amazing I must say, that episode Rapture Delight is one of the best epsidoes ever imo, a real 5 starer.

Funnily enough, I consider Rapture's Delight to be the worst episode they've ever done. It was a major WTF the whole way through for me. I expect cartoony stuff from FG, but from American Dad, stuff like that and this week's Valentine's Day episode just bother me. I've thought American Dad has maintained a very consistent quality up until now, but this season has been very patchy for me. Some great ones, some awful ones.
But agreed on this season of Family Guy. With the exception of a couple at the very beginning of the season (Family Goy was an abomination, and Spies Reminiscent of Us sucked), it's mostly been a huge step up from last season. Even the Brian episodes have been pretty good, and usually I skip over anything involving him.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #183 on: February 20, 2010, 06:06:24 AM »
I think Rapture's Delight is a very clever episode, no direct religion attacks but it shows you what some religions say is gonna happen oneday and let's you decide if it's logical, you found it cartoonish and so did I, the whole rapture thing must look cartoonish and uber unrealistic if it's gonna happen the way religions described.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2010, 06:39:30 AM »
I had no problem with any of that aspect of it. I just didn't like the idea of an episode that turned into this random post-apocalyptic future storyline, and for the rest of the episode I lost interest and just waited hoping for some final moment it redeemed itself by revealing it was a dream or something, then it just got weirder with the ending in heaven bit looping it back to the beginning of the episode with Klaus on the wall.

I loved Tearjerker, but at no point in the episode did it pretend to actually be happening to the characters. It was clearly just a funny story using the characters. Rapture's Delight never clearly gave me that impression, even if it was intended or supposed to be implied by the extreme situation, so that's probably why it bothers me. And that's why this week's episode bothered me too. I know it's a cartoon, but American Dad hasn't really established itself as a show that uses that type of thing. Family Guy has, so I expect them to do it with their time travel and parallel universes, but it feels a bit more out of place on American Dad. Does that make any sense?

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2010, 06:48:36 AM »
I understand what you're implying but I never really had that same way of seeing American Dad, I think it established cartoonish with the alien and talking fish since the begining hehe, but seriously there has been a quiet a few episodes with an exceedingly unrealistic cartoonish tones that I can remember in American Dad, yes not absurd as FG but it hasn't established itself as a normal sitcom either.
But afterall it's not really a change of tone that we can count as "annoyingly frequent" cause I wouldn't like that either, it's just a couple episodes.
but I agree with you about the Valentine's episode wasn't good at all.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #186 on: February 20, 2010, 06:57:16 AM »
Yeah, you're right. I'll have to put it down to personal preference I suppose. Now I think about it more, they definitely have done a lot of other equally cartoony stuff, especially with the CIA storylines of erasing memories, switching bodies, sleep pills, etc etc. I guess it was just too weird/different for my liking rather than too cartoony. Using the characters in such a different situation and taking out some of the regular characters just changed the feel of the episode too much for me.
As for the Valentine's Day episode, I actually didn't mind it too much. It was still a decent episode, and the Mexican/Canadian Stan voice was quite amusing.
For the record, this season's "Moon Over Isla Island" was one of my all time favourite episodes of AD.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #187 on: March 24, 2010, 01:24:05 AM »
I so don't have time to talk now but the newest episode of Family Guy was SO FREAKIN FUNNY! it took me back to the 4th and 5th season where the episodes were more consistent in it's humor.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2010, 11:24:16 AM »
Here's the scene - it's from the episode called "Hell Comes to Quahog"

Lois: So how was work today, Meg?

Peter: (blows raspberry)

Lois: Peter, you lost your job because of the superstore. You shouldn't blame Meg.

Lois: And you can stop making that fart sound every time someone says 'Meg.'

Brian: So how was your day exploiting the town's resources, Meg?

Chris: (laughs) Meg!

Chris: Meg!

Chris: Meg! Meg! Meg! Meg! Meg! Meg! Meg!

Peter: (blows raspberries)

Chris: (whispers) Meg!

Peter: (blows silent raspberry)

Meg: I'm not gonna sit here and take this! I'm the only one in this family that has a job!

Peter: (whispers something in Brian's ear)

Brian: (chuckles) Yeah, like she'd get paid for that.

Meg: (to Brian) What did he just say to you?!

Brian: Nothing. It's like-- There was-- Forget it. It's nothing, Meg.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2010, 01:14:04 PM »
That last line was also followed by a raspberry blow heh

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #190 on: April 06, 2010, 03:50:30 PM »
Good scene :tup

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2010, 10:25:04 AM »
That last line was also followed by a raspberry blow heh

correct...I misssed it on the cut n paste.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2010, 10:26:37 AM »
So it seems that American Dad has been put on hiatus.
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2010, 10:29:43 AM »
Shut up, Meg

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #194 on: April 07, 2010, 10:45:41 AM »
Shut up, Meg

This became my brother-in-law catch phrase heh

Nah, this season just ended earlier than Family Guy's current season, which btw is getting longer than the couple previous seasons.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #195 on: April 07, 2010, 11:01:49 AM »

Nah, this season just ended earlier than Family Guy's current season, which btw is getting longer than the couple previous seasons.

Or maybe it only seems that way because there's only a new episode every 3 weeks ::)

Offline In The Wake Of Poseidon

« Reply #196 on: April 07, 2010, 12:14:34 PM »

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #197 on: April 07, 2010, 01:56:33 PM »
Haha gotta love trolls sometimes, there's just something about people who assume they're smarter than everyone else that brings me endless source of joy heh, like the person who made that picture or the other one from a few pages before.

Offline In The Wake Of Poseidon

« Reply #198 on: April 07, 2010, 02:59:22 PM »
Uhh, you got the wrong definition of a troll.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #199 on: April 11, 2010, 07:28:16 PM »
Glory be! Tonight's episode was hilarious!
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #200 on: April 11, 2010, 07:37:24 PM »
Yeah it was awesome

I'm sorry, but the "Surfn Bird" reference is ALWAYS funny :lol

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2010, 07:39:15 PM »
Damn, I'm at work, no T.V and the download is taking ages..

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2010, 09:37:21 PM »

Actually, it WAS on hiatus. It came back on tonight because Fox cancelled that Sons of Tucson shit.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #203 on: April 12, 2010, 07:46:48 AM »

Actually, it WAS on hiatus. It came back on tonight because Fox cancelled that Sons of Tucson shit.

Sons of Tucson was so bad, I remember watching 5 minutes of it and it was just awful.

The Cleveland show was pretty good, I really liked the dialog between Quagmire and Cleveland.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2010, 06:36:18 AM »
I just watched the most recent episode of The Cleveland Show, boy did it suck.
I tried so hard, I really wanted to like that show cause I love Mike Henry's sense of humor but he proved incapable of carrying a show without the Family Guy staff.
Mike Henry's show has now evolved Cleveland character into someone completely different than what the character started out being in Family Guy, he's no longer the good hearted mellow peaceful slow talking mostly submissive average IQ guy he was when I first like him in Family Guy.
That new episode I just watched was plain disgusting, Cleveland had some medical problem that got him farting every minute, funny the first couple times then the farting sounds just got really disgusting.
The kid Rallo was entertaining at first then he got really old real fast.
I was a little excited about this episode cause I knew Quagmire was gonna make a guest appearence but it was disappointing as hell, the chemistry between his character and Cleveland was gone due to the drastic change in Cleveland's character.
I like Mike Henry but this is not working, I think a smart move would be to cancel the show and move Cleveland and all the new characters to Family Guy, where Cleveland would be a regular again, his family would be semi-regulars (like Bonnie Swanson and Lois parents) and the neighbors would make guest appearance every once in a while.
That'd be the high road out, but they're already signed for a second season and I know it's gonna get canceled half way through or early in the season.

Offline Global Laziness

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2010, 12:20:23 PM »
Yeah, I was meaning to comment on that, too. An episode about farting? Really? :tdwn
Quote from: Jamesman42
Global Laziness: Speaks for Canada
Quote from: black_floyd
I walked down a spiral staircase in 19/16 in honor of Tom Sawyer and now I'm in crutches.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2010, 03:23:06 PM »
The Quagmire visit was the best part of that Cleveland Show episode.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #207 on: May 02, 2010, 11:40:21 AM »
"FAMILY GUY will celebrate its milestone 150th episode on Sunday, May 2 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) with a special extended episode featuring fan-favorite numbers and never-before-seen musical performances."

This is gonna be the episode they've been talking about for a while, it's called Brian & Stewie but I thought it was gonna be just Brian and Stewie locked in a bank vault without any cutaway gags, kinda confused now.

Offline PlaysLikeMyung

• Myung Protege Wannabe
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #208 on: May 02, 2010, 11:55:49 AM »
OH SHIT YES! :metal

Offline Silver Tears

• DTF.org Member