Author Topic: Eve 6  (Read 386 times)

Online fadetoblackdude7

Eve 6
« on: February 24, 2012, 12:44:52 AM »
Ok, so I've been the biggest Eve 6 fan ever since their first album came out way back in 1998. I'm almost 23 years old so I guess I was around 9 when it came out. I've collected all of their albums until they disbanded in 2004. But recently, they reunited and their new album comes out in April and I couldn't be more excited, as they're one of my childhood bands!

If you like them, show some love. Although to be honest, I'm not expecting much lol

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
Re: Eve 6
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 12:54:35 AM »
If you like them, show some love. Although to be honest, I'm not expecting much lol

And you would be correct :P Inside out actually came on the radio when my stepdad and I were in the car tonight and we simultaneously had that "...ugh..." reaction. This, in my opinion is one of the better of the bands to have been part of that powerpop/radio-rock-is-officially-dead-now movement that took over radio around early '96. Just too many bands like them, Marcy Playground, Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox 20, The Verve and others were making music that just seemed to either have no energy or when there was energy, the passion seemed quite phoned in.

Beyond that, I am glad for your sake that a band that you probably thought you'd never hear from again is putting out something new for you to enjoy.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Online fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 01:03:27 AM »
For sure, man. I still love their music and the new stuff is pretty catchy. Haters gonna hate lol

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 01:54:39 AM »
It was just a rough time for me. I was 17 at the time and the grunge scene was what first got me into rock at all since from '91-'93 I was way into the local New Orleans rap scene and hated rock of any kind since I've almost always had an aversion toward going with the crowd. 1995 was about the last hurrah it seemed for grunge since its 5 forefathers (in my opinion obviously) had basically seen the end of steady output:

Nirvana: Kurt's death.

Pearl Jam: Last album with that original zest and passion was Vitalogy (for me anyway and fan reaction to its 1996 followup, No Code, was far from warm.)

Alice in Chains: Last album with Layne was released in 1995 and the ensuing 7 years were just a bleak spiral into the sunset.

Stone Temple Pilots: A lot of people argue they aren't grunge but Core was rife with grunge elements and the amount of grunge fans that listened to them as much as (or more than) the other bands I've listed was quite substantial. They released Tiny Music... in 1996 which had many good songs on it but wasn't near the level of awesomeness seen on Core and Purple and then they (read: Scott Weiland) took 3 more years before coming out with the next (even worse) album.

Soundgarden: Final album before breeakup, Down on the Upside, came out in 1996. It's grown on me and has a lot of good songwriting but after the explosive  excellence of its predecessor, Superunknown, it was like getting a fantastic bacon double cheesesburger for lunch the day after you had lobster and ribeye for dinner the previous night. Good? Yes. But left you wondering what could've been to some small extent.

With all the big players out of the scene (for the most part anyhoo), we were left with good but not great bands like Bush, Foo Fighters, Garbage, and Silverchair to fill the void which was fine by me but by '98 only the Foo Fighters really seemed to still have it and Garbage at times. With alternative music on its deathbed, all the bands I mentioned in my previous post came in to try to fill a void they just weren't quite capable of and mainstream rock music hasn't had a genre sustain itself as venerably as grunge did in its time since it died out.

Sorry for the derail though and I'll stop this line of comments as of now.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon