85 (67.5%)
Every other day
26 (20.6%)
Twice per day
8 (6.3%)
When I feels like it yo!
7 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 122

Author Topic: How often do you shower/bathe?  (Read 4355 times)

Offline emindead

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: How often do you shower/bathe?
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2012, 10:59:02 AM »
Every morning. Only once because I don't live in a warm, constant sticky weather. If I did definitely twice. The only exception where I will spend a day out of the shower is if I'm in vacations and can stay all day in pajamas. But, if I do go out, the shower is a priority. Skipping showers and going outside is completely disgusting and there's no excuse or pardon on my part for being so filthy.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2012, 12:13:47 PM »
Every morning, and sometimes again later that day depending on a variety of factors.

I don't get people who shower at night and get up the next morning and go.  After sleeping all night, I need that shower in the morning to actually feel clean for the whole day.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2012, 12:50:02 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out how you people justify wasting so much water by showering twice in one day.
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2012, 01:37:56 PM »
Why would anyone feel the need to justify it?

Online Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2012, 01:44:18 PM »
When I feel like it. I don't know, it's not like I have a schedule that I follow, but on the other hand it's not like I do it every other week or something extreme. I do it when I think it's time for it, and that is normally not more then 1 day between. (so if I don't do it once a day, it's at least once in two days)
Right now I haven't showered in a few days, because I've been having fever and some other things that have made me very weak. Spent quite some time just sleeping and resting, and while I certainly NEED a shower, it's frustrating when you're sick, because if you take a shower, then 2 hours later you'll be all sweaty again.  :lol But yeah, will probably take a shower tomorrow.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2012, 01:45:07 PM »
Every morning, and sometimes again later that day depending on a variety of factors.

I don't get people who shower at night and get up the next morning and go.  After sleeping all night, I need that shower in the morning to actually feel clean for the whole day.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2012, 02:02:02 PM »
Why would anyone feel the need to justify it?

I dunno, I didn't really mean for that post to come off like that. I just think it's silly. :p
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2012, 02:57:11 AM »
I don't really worry too much about water consumption regarding showers since, although there are factors where water efficiency affects the environment, I really dread feeling oily or dirty and, out of all my monthly bills that have the ability to fluctuate, my water bill is the only one that's never been a kick to the stomach regarding a surprisingly and unexpectedly high bill.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2012, 02:20:52 PM »
I used to live within reasonable walking distance of a swimming pool and some mornings If the shower was occupied or the landlord was round and having a go at a tenant, i'd simply walk to the pool and swim as it was only £1 instead of having a shower :P :P

Offline jsem

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2012, 02:24:20 PM »
Actually, for those that shower twice a day - it's not healthy.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2012, 02:28:05 PM »
Are you gonna play the "It strips you of your skin's/hair's natural oils angle"? Cuz if so, it's important to realize that some people's skin/hair leans toward oily anyway where the driness won't be an issue.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2012, 02:49:56 PM »
I think it's inexcusable and disgusting not to shower daily.  I shower twice a day.

Well, that's a judgement based on your own experience and culture. It's very normal in a lot of places not to shower daily. I couldn't even imagine showering twice a day on a regular basis.

Which brings me to my answer: Generally daily, but I sometimes skip a day if I'm not going anywhere or wake up late/am in a big rush... and sometimes twice if it's really hot/humid or there's sex involved  :lol
Usually morning, but sometimes night (like if I know I'm going to be pressed for time or am just in the mood). Sometimes I take a bath at night just to relax and then shower the next morning.

I am not a big fan of showers, tbh. I take them because I would feel gross otherwise, but I generally don't dillydally in there unless it's really cold/hot out and my shower is the opposite... or I'm in there with someone :eyebrows:
I also am in a rush a lot, so I often have to stick with Carlin's four key areas and then next time I will worry about extremities and all of that.

I only wash my hair maybe twice a week. It doesn't get greasy easily and I hate doing it, even though it's easier now that it's short (I washed it even less frequently when it was long). I wash my face every few days (I've heard you're not supposed to do it daily because the oils are good for you) and I shave every few... oh, months  :lol

I shower once a day in winter and twice in summer but that sucks cause my shower rate becomes faster than my laundry washing frequency and it results in an occasional wearing of a jeans without a boxer and could lead to a zipper pull on balls skin upon quick zipping up and I have proven that to be the only way I can scream in the vocals of an adult woman.
:lol
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: February 20, 2012, 08:03:38 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out how you people justify wasting so much water by showering twice in one day.

I live in Florida where during the summer you'll sweat walking to the car.

Also most days I work out for something like 2 hours, so I need a second shower.

Offline Tick

• It's time to make a change
  • DTF.org Member
  • Just another tricky day for you
« Reply #83 on: February 20, 2012, 08:24:56 AM »
As a flooring installer I showed twice a day. As a flooring salesmen I now shower only once a day. I could never go a day with out a shower unless I'm home sick.
Yup. Tick is dead on.  She's not your type.  Move on.   Tick is Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #84 on: February 20, 2012, 11:44:53 AM »

I live in Florida where during the summer you'll sweat walking to the car.

I live in FL and this statement is true.

I shower every morning, for multiple reasons.
1) I can't wake up until I've showered
2) I need to wash my face every day (teenager here)
3) My hair will dry out if I miss even one day
4) If I don't condition my hair and comb it out completely EVERY day I will get horrible tangles that are more like hair mats that you find on your dog. My hair is never combable when dry but at least it doesn't have mats in it
5) An excuse to put off doing school for an extra 15-20 mins.
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya

• DT.net Member
« Reply #85 on: February 20, 2012, 12:58:59 PM »
Well, if we're making lists about why showers are awesome/necessary, here's mine:

1) To help wake up.

2) I feel gross without. Hell, even 12 hours after one I could almost go for another one.

3) The feeling of relaxation is surpassed only by post-sexy time afterglow.

4) For some reason, I've never been all that comfortable with being massaged by anyone other than someone I'm with so I like the non-personal feeling of ultra-hot shower water helping relieve occasional tension in my shoulders.

Offline nightmare_cinema

• I'm Raiderrrrrrrrr
« Reply #86 on: February 20, 2012, 01:30:41 PM »

I need a shower before I go to work in the morning, or I feel gross. I also like to shower after working out after work, because I don't like going to sleep/getting into bed covered in dried sweat.

I'm having an operation in a couple of months which necessitates the avoidance of showers for TWO WEEKS. I'm absolutely dreading it, as I'm supposed to continue trying to go to work/act normal in that fortnight too. Bf is gonna have to wash my hair over the side of the bath, and I'm going to use up a hell of a lot of wet wipes. Eurgh.
Every story needs to have an ending, we might as well give up all this pretending and clear the air...

• DT.net Member
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2012, 02:04:17 PM »
B_f is gonna have to wash my hair over the side of the bath, and I'm going to use up a hell of a lot of wet wipes. Eurgh.

Although you didn't ask me about it first, I'll do it since a friend in need is a friend indeed. All I ask for is a bag of sour cream and onion crisps as a token of gratitude.

Offline adameastment

« Reply #88 on: February 20, 2012, 04:38:17 PM »
I feel unclean after knowing I shower once every other day :(

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #89 on: February 20, 2012, 04:40:23 PM »
B_f is gonna have to wash my hair over the side of the bath, and I'm going to use up a hell of a lot of wet wipes. Eurgh.

Although you didn't ask me about it first, I'll do it since a friend in need is a friend indeed. All I ask for is a bag of sour cream and onion crisps as a token of gratitude.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2012, 05:13:54 PM »
It's a well known fact that washing your hair every day dries it out and wrecks it.

Which is why homeless people have such well kept silky smooth shiny hair  :hat

Offline Lynxo

• It hurts when I poo
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2012, 02:42:48 AM »
It's a well known fact that washing your hair every day dries it out and wrecks it.

Exactly. :lol

I have long, black hair that I wash and use conditioner in every single day. And after that I comb it. And my hair is AWESOME. :hat
Lynxo cured my bad breath with his penis.

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2012, 05:12:13 AM »
When I have really short hair - I dont wash it that often because it's harder to style when it's all fluffy and clean..

I don't use wax or anything - I don't dry it after the shower and just mess it up a bit and leave it to dry on it's own..

Works as well as any wax AND it doesn't have that horrible cemented in place wet look  :biggrin:

Offline Rina

• DTF.org Member
  • ~
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2012, 03:28:25 PM »

Washing your hair everyday does, in fact, dry it out. Wise words.

Offline Akasha

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2012, 03:36:10 PM »
I haven't had a shower since Saturday morning, but I also had emergency surgery Saturday night. I can't wait till I can get one.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2012, 03:47:42 PM »
Washing your hair everyday does, in fact, dry it out. Wise words.

I think there are still some factors to be considered though. My hair will be oily if I don't wash it daily so I guess "drying out" does imply mitigating your hair's oil production but it's not an issue to be all too concerned with since in some cases, like mine, a person's hair is healthy enough to handle it. I wash and condition it every time I shower which is twice on work days and then style it with a fair amount of 100% pure aloe vera and use the smallest amount of hairspray I can get away with to eliminate flyaways and seldom blowdry it more than once a week.

I haven't had a shower since Saturday morning, but I also had emergency surgery Saturday night. I can't wait till I can get one.

Offline Akasha

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2012, 07:01:12 AM »
Thanks black_floyd!