Author Topic: Looking for listeners  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Ezio

• Master Assassin
  • Marooned
Looking for listeners
« on: February 29, 2012, 11:38:39 PM »
Hi there,
I've never really actually put myself out there like this but I'm looking for some listens on my songs.
Songs are varied in style: a piano prelude, a progressive oriented song, and a bit of a free form guitar instrumental.

https://listn.to/germanalan1/player

Any listen I will appreciate greatly. I'll be happy if at least one person listens to one of my songs.

Also, if you liked my music, maybe give a like on facebook? :). www.facebook.com/german.alan1

Thanks everyone.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Re: Looking for listeners
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 08:59:32 AM »
"Reflections" has some pretty cool things happening.  Couple of mixing choices I probably would not have made, but overall I think it's pretty cool man - I'm about half way through it now and I like it.  :tup

Offline Ezio

• Master Assassin
  • Marooned
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 10:27:54 AM »
"Reflections" has some pretty cool things happening.  Couple of mixing choices I probably would not have made, but overall I think it's pretty cool man - I'm about half way through it now and I like it.  :tup

Thank you, good sir. :)

It does good to me to know you enjoyed it.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 01:00:00 PM »
Tell me about how you recorded it.  Computer-based recording setup I assume?  Cakewalk Sonar or ProTools maybe?

Offline Ezio

• Master Assassin
  • Marooned
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 03:47:32 PM »
Tell me about how you recorded it.  Computer-based recording setup I assume?  Cakewalk Sonar or ProTools maybe?

It wasn't anything too overcomplicated. I used Cubase and some of Adobe Audition for recording purposes and mixing. In terms of recording the guitar, I just plugged in my amp through line in on my computer and went for it. Haha.
The patches for the other stuff I used NI software.
A bit of GeoSynth in there  :P
I want to start looking into using ProTools but I've been a bit busy with other stuff.
I'm exploring stuff in terms of music production to get a better sounding files, still somewhat new to it though.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 08:34:08 AM »
Protools is one avenue.  If you're going to go Protools, you should consider getting it in a bundle with the Avid MBox

On the other hand, if you're a Windows person like me, Cakewalk Sonar is a good choice.   Combine that with an MAudio USB interface and you're good to go.

Offline aparadoxindeed

• Guitarist, Songwriter, All-Around Music Nerd
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 06:34:47 PM »
Wow man, "Prelude to Dream" is really cool!  I just liked your facebook page too... I'll totally promo your band on my page.  Hopefully that'll get a few more listeners heading your way!

Offline Ezio

• Master Assassin
  • Marooned
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 08:23:44 AM »
Protools is one avenue.  If you're going to go Protools, you should consider getting it in a bundle with the Avid MBox

On the other hand, if you're a Windows person like me, Cakewalk Sonar is a good choice.   Combine that with an MAudio USB interface and you're good to go.

Ah, cool. I'll look into that man. Much appreciated! :).

Wow man, "Prelude to Dream" is really cool!  I just liked your facebook page too... I'll totally promo your band on my page.  Hopefully that'll get a few more listeners heading your way!

Thanks ! That means a lot man, and if you promote it me on your page that would be killer. Thanks.

I'll check out your band.