Author Topic: Would You Want to Be Raised by a Homosexual Couple?  (Read 11855 times)

Online SeRoX

• DTF.org Member
  • The VoiceMaster
Re: Would You Want to Be Raised by a Homosexual Couple?
« Reply #140 on: February 21, 2012, 06:27:18 PM »
I would want to be raised by good, loving, and supportive parents. I don't care about their gender/sexuality.

This.
Quote from: Plasmastrike
SeRoX is right!
Quote from: Nihil-Morari
SeRoX is DTF's JLB!
As usual, SeRoX is correct.

Offline wolfandwolfandwolf

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
« Reply #141 on: February 21, 2012, 09:23:13 PM »
I think as long as they loved me and brought me up similarly to how my folks did I'd be fine with it.  I generally that my mom did an outstanding job as a single parent during some pretty crucial years, so I wouldn't trade her parenting me for anyone.

But, to answer the prompt directly, homosexuality is not an inhibitor to loving one's own children.  Come on now.

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: February 23, 2012, 08:29:15 AM »
The only con to having a gay couple as parents would be those awkward moments in kidnergarten when the teacher asks why you drew your family as having two mommies.

Offline jsem

« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2012, 09:29:45 AM »
Lol, think of the other kids. "You have two moms?"

Creates some awkward moments growing up I'd assume.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #144 on: February 23, 2012, 12:10:12 PM »

LOL, think of the other kids.  "Your mother is black and your father is white?"

LOL, think of the other kids.  "Your father is Dominican and your mother is Irish?"

LOL, think of the other kids.  "Your mother is Jewish and your father is Catholic?"

etc
etc
etc

Times change.  Society evolves.  That's life.

I've got experience with this.  My mother is Cape Verdian (not Caucasian) and very dark complected.  She's even got a 'fro.  My father is Italian and Irish (Caucasian) and I grew up going to grammar school in the 70's.  There was a lot of racial tension and forced integration of the school system.  They called it "busing" and they weren't quite sure what to do with kids like me (mixed race), because we were very few and far between in those days.  It was pretty rough for me in those days.  I had a lot of fights with other kids who called me all kinds of shit like "halfbreed" and "nigger" etc....and it wasn't easy for my parents either.  We had crosses burned on our front lawn, bricks thrown through our windows, and one time we even had gunshots fired at our home.

Today, in my area 1 in 4 kids is of mixed race and it's just a fact of life and very much accepted in the mainstream.

I suspect that 20 years from now (maybe sooner) the same will be true of homosexual couples with children.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #145 on: February 23, 2012, 12:37:05 PM »

LOL, think of the other kids.  "Your father is Dominican and your mother is Irish?"

LOL, think of the other kids.  "Your mother is Jewish and your father is Catholic?"

etc
etc
etc

I've got experience with this.  My mother is Cape Verdian (not Caucasian) and very dark complected.  She's even got a 'fro.  My father is Italian and Irish (Caucasian) and I grew up going to grammar school in the 70's.  There was a lot of racial tension and forced integration of the school system.  They called it "busing" and they weren't quite sure what to do with kids like me (mixed race), because we were very few and far between in those days.  It was pretty rough for me in those days.  I had a lot of fights with other kids who called me all kinds of shit like "halfbreed" and "nigger" etc....and it wasn't easy for my parents either.  We had crosses burned on our front lawn, bricks thrown through our windows, and one time we even had gunshots fired at our home.

Today, in my area 1 in 4 kids is of mixed race and it's just a fact of life and very much accepted in the mainstream.

I suspect that 20 years from now (maybe sooner) the same will be true of homosexual couples with children.

by whom, extremist christians.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline Implode

• Lord of the Squids
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #146 on: February 23, 2012, 01:23:20 PM »

And that time can't come soon enough.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #147 on: February 23, 2012, 01:26:53 PM »
I mean sure, I had a college course with a girl with two moms.
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #148 on: February 23, 2012, 01:58:53 PM »

etc
etc
etc

by whom, extremist christians.

Not sure what you mean?  ???

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2012, 06:03:53 PM »
I'm not either.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.