Author Topic: Keep your dogs on a leash people.  (Read 3573 times)

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
Re: Keep your dogs on a leash people.
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 09:51:22 AM »
I'd just as likely prefer to see people keep their kids on a leash (preferably heavily sedated too).

:tup
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 09:59:49 AM »
Very few things bug me more than people who let their dog off leash in public. "But my dog wouldn't hurt a fly." I don't fucking know that. If a random dog starts coming up to me or my kids, I'm going to assume it's going to bite just to be safe. I don't know your dog and your dog doesn't know me. The rules apply to you to dumbass. Dog owners have ruined me on dogs.

This sums it up for me, especially the last line that I bolded.  It's sad because I generally like dog a lot, but like you, stupid owners have ruined me on dogs as well.  A gal I used to work with used to jokingly call me a dog hater 'cause of conversations we'd have where I would express how annoying dogs can be (because of bad owners), and she just assumed I hated dogs because of it, and trying to explain to her otherwise never seem to work.  Oh well. 

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 10:56:25 AM »
I'd just as likely prefer to see people keep their kids on a leash (preferably heavily sedated too).

Unrelated to the OP, but you will most definitely enjoy this read: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/fn5gr/reddit_what_is_your_silent_unseen_act_of_personal/c1hdgwv?context=4

tl;dr: guy gets fed up with some kid being a complete asshole to his mother in a Target, farts in said child's face.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• Official Forum Sous Chef and broler5
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 11:35:51 AM »
Tears streaming down my face.  Mother of God was that fucking hilarious.  Made my day.  :rollin

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2012, 11:47:19 AM »
I'm not much of a dog person either. When I was young I remember being chased by a really big dog, which resulted in nightmares for a couple of years. Like Gadough said earlier, I know that most dogs are fine and aren't CRAZY, my best friend has a dog actually, and I don't have a problem with it, but I guess I'm more of a cat person then a dog person. (though I'm allergic to both)  :lol

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2012, 11:53:51 AM »

Unrelated to the OP, but you will most definitely enjoy this read: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/fn5gr/reddit_what_is_your_silent_unseen_act_of_personal/c1hdgwv?context=4

tl;dr: guy gets fed up with some kid being a complete asshole to his mother in a Target, farts in said child's face.
I can't read that in class without laughing, so I'll have to wait to finish  :rollin

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 12:42:49 PM »
I am always amused, and yet disgusted, when put bull owners pull out the, "Oh, my pit bull would never do such a thing; he/she is so loving," when yet another story of a violent pit bull attack is brought to their attention.  Yeah, that's what they all say..until said pit bull tears into another dog or, God forbid, a human and tears them to pieces, for no reason at all.
Honestly...I don't agree...I love pitbulls with a lot of passion...they are incredible dogs but you MUST train it extensively and get it from the right place because fighting has been bred into them.

-
@TioJorge...holy crap...I can't believe that...I'm so sorry...I can't imagine going through that.  :(

Pit bulls have a bad rep, but honestly, you could train any dog to be just as aggressive. Maybe not as deadly, but certainly with the same desire to fight. I know 3 people with pit bulls, one being my girlfriend. Her dog is by far the most gentle dog I have ever been around. He looks at you and his face just says "I love you!".

Now time for my dog attack story. My friend adopted a yellow lab a a few years ago. We often go hiking in winter, mainly because the trails are empty and it's dead quiet, and the dog comes wih us (on a leash). One afternoon we could tell the dog was on edge, he obviously sensed something we didn't. We proceeded up the trail and heard an angry bark that was obviously very near by. Next thing we know, this huge fucking (had to be 115-120 pound) German Shepard barrels at us out of no where. My friend dropped his dogs leash and literally tackled the Shepard before it got anywhere near us or his dog. At this point I have my modified pellet pistol out (I always have it on me when we hike for this exact reason), which shoots at around 1200fps at 25 yards, and am ready to shoot the dog with it. Luckily I didn't have to fire, since my friend actually subdued the dog really well. Eventually this drunk as fuck hick appears and yells "what in the hell are yeh doin!". After a good 5 minute screaming match my buddy released the dog. The guy threatened to call the cops on us for animal cruelty and carrying a deadly weapon in a state park. For all we knew, his dog could have been a deadly weapon, I don't see anything wrong with what we did.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 12:46:18 PM »
Your friend is a certifiable badass.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2012, 01:14:41 PM »
My miniature dachshund was killed by my neighbor's unleashed rottweiler when I was a child. Poor thing never stood a chance. So needless to say, I think people should keep their dogs restrained in some way, especially if they're capable of that sort of thing.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2012, 01:29:20 PM »

It was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. He loves that dog more than anything, so I wasn't surprised. If you think about it...lf you are going to be attacked by a dog. Your best chance at not getting seriously fucked up is by attacking it first. He outweighed the dog 2:1, and who know how many pounds of force were thrown into the dog upon diving into it. The dog didn't stand a chance, it's probably was really shaken up after being driven into the froze ground we were hiking on. Had he stood there, and the dog attacked him, he probably would have ended up gushing blood.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2012, 01:30:55 PM »

It was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. He loves that dog more than anything, so I wasn't surprised. If you think about it...lf you are going to be attacked by a dog. Your best chance at not getting seriously fucked up is by attacking it first. He outweighed the dog 2:1, and who know how many pounds of force were thrown into the dog upon diving into it. The dog didn't stand a chance, it's probably was really shaken up after being driven into the froze ground we were hiking on. Had he stood there, and the dog attacked him, he probably would have ended up gushing blood.

Big dogs make me nervous even though I'm a dog person, and sometimes I think about if one attacked me, and I decided I'd either jump on it or give it an upper kick somewhere like the jaw or ribcage..  I'm not a bad person am I?

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2012, 01:45:58 PM »

Big dogs make me nervous even though I'm a dog person, and sometimes I think about if one attacked me, and I decided I'd either jump on it or give it an upper kick somewhere like the jaw or ribcage..  I'm not a bad person am I?

No, you're just doing what your fight or flight response was programmed to do.

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2012, 01:47:11 PM »

It was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. He loves that dog more than anything, so I wasn't surprised. If you think about it...lf you are going to be attacked by a dog. Your best chance at not getting seriously fucked up is by attacking it first. He outweighed the dog 2:1, and who knows how many pounds of force were thrown into the dog upon diving into it. The dog didn't stand a chance, it was probably really shaken up after being driven into the froze ground we were hiking on. Had he stood there, and the dog attacked him, he probably would have ended up gushing blood.

Offline Sir GuitarCozmo

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Kelly Clarkson BEEFS
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2012, 01:54:35 PM »

I'm sure it was an extremely amazing thing to witness.  His dog likely would have tried to protect the two of you.  The fact that it was him trying to protect his dog, is pretty awesome.  I imagine most people wouldn't even begin to know how to respond in that situation.  But yeah, if impact between you and something remotely comparable in mass and ferocity is imminent, make sure you're the one who's moving harder and faster.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2012, 03:18:13 PM »
Not only well deserved, but she physically asked for it. She's either completely ignorant of how to act around a dog and isn't accustomed to being around them, in which case she is a moron for getting so close to a dog she's never been around (and pretty much groping the hell out of it); or she's a brain dead moronic fool for knowing that if you put your face close to a dog's snout without ever having encountered it, your chances of being bitten skyrocket into the beautiful, blue sky (aww!).

I hope the dog doesn't get put down on account of the foolishness of humans. If anyone is to blame it is certainly the anchorwoman, and if people are too pansy to pin it on her, then as the article says, the owner because of the leash-law. But honestly in this situation, given the dogs training, purpose and seemingly complete comfort around humans, I'd pin it on the bitch just to teach her a lesson. Have some common sense. I mean really, she wasn't petting that thing, she was fuckin' all over that dog's face like the old, decrepit grandma you never want to see as a child and yet she just keeps on pinching and groping your face like it was a ball of the best, most malleable Play-dough known to man.

Christ almighty, they need to make a Rise of The Planet of The Canines. I'll lead them on all fours, wearing a German Shepherd suit with one of those horsey tails shoved up my ass, except it'd be a big fat dog tail. YES. HUMANS ARE STOOP KIDS GONNA LEAVE HIS STOOP. UGH.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2012, 03:24:55 PM »
Not only well deserved, but she physically asked for it. She's either completely ignorant of how to act around a dog and isn't accustomed to being around them, in which case she is a moron for getting so close to a dog she's never been around (and pretty much groping the hell out of it); or she's a brain dead moronic fool for knowing that if you put your face close to a dog's snout without ever having encountered it, your chances of being bitten skyrocket into the beautiful, blue sky (aww!).

I hope the dog doesn't get put down on account of the foolishness of humans. If anyone is to blame it is certainly the anchorwoman, and if people are too pansy to pin it on her, then as the article says, the owner because of the leash-law. But honestly in this situation, given the dogs training, purpose and seemingly complete comfort around humans, I'd pin it on the bitch just to teach her a lesson. Have some common sense. I mean really, she wasn't petting that thing, she was fuckin' all over that dog's face like the old, decrepit grandma you never want to see as a child and yet she just keeps on pinching and groping your face like it was a ball of the best, most malleable Play-dough known to man.

Christ almighty, they need to make a Rise of The Planet of The Canines. I'll lead them on all fours, wearing a German Shepherd suit with one of those horsey tails shoved up my ass, except it'd be a big fat dog tail. YES. HUMANS ARE STOOP KIDS GONNA LEAVE HIS STOOP. UGH.
:hefdaddy

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2012, 08:18:25 PM »
YESSS!

And yeah, wtf was that lady thinking? Sure, the dog was receiving the rest of her touching well, but you just don't put your face up to a strange animal like that. If they try to do anything to do that dog I will rescue it; that shelter is only 10-15 minutes from me.

Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2012, 04:17:03 AM »
That news anchor was stupid.

I've had to tackle a big dog before, too.  I know what kind of situation that can be.

And I know that some people love pit bulls, but the line "any kind of dog can be trained to be that aggressive" is disingenuous at best.  The good, well-behaved pit bull is the exception, not the rule.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2012, 10:40:17 AM »
And I know that some people love pit bulls, but the line "any kind of dog can be trained to be that aggressive" is disingenuous at best.  The good, well-behaved pit bull is the exception, not the rule.

This, yeah. I mean, you could say huskies get a wrongly attributed "rep" for wanting to run because you could make every dog run, but for huskies it's a natural instinct that needs to be satisfied, a behavior that was bred in. And same for pitbulls. It's a behavior that was bred in. You can cover it up with careful raising, but it's still something that lies close beneath the surface. One of the most disingenuous sentences is "Oh, he's never done that before!", which is 99% of the time bullshit. Many dog owners wilfully ignore the signs that their dog is an accident waiting to happen.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Chino

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2012, 08:05:27 PM »

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2012, 04:43:23 AM »
Fuck that. 
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline VioletS16

• Forum crazy snake lady
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2012, 09:10:27 PM »
Fuck that.
No way! That photo is beautiful.  :heart
3 corn snakes, 1 boa, 1 python, 1 milk snake, 1 king snake, 1 rat snake, and a partridge in a pear tree.
RIP Piccolini and Maya