Author Topic: Hunting for a Portnoy camera angle on Change of Seasons  (Read 477 times)

Offline khalpin

Hunting for a Portnoy camera angle on Change of Seasons
« on: November 13, 2023, 05:01:44 PM »
First time post here.  I'm trying to track down video footage of one of my favorite Portnoy moments which unless I REALLY need to lay off the booze, I could swear I've seen it before multiple times but I can't seem to find it.  It's the section at the end of Change of Seasons when they go into Crimson Sunset and Mike starts hitting the crash on the 2nd beat of that triple.  It's a largely overhead shot where you can fully see what he's doing.  Essentially this part:
https://youtu.be/Mlpc_2Gipl0?si=w-xDOtXYAkskAfF1&t=1252

I could've sworn it was the Metropolis 2000 DVD and I keep watching almost expecting it to magically appear, but the camera shifts to Petrucci.  I was able to find some footage at the end of Liquid Drum Theater as the credits roll, but not what I'm remembering and I remember the crash being more to the side instead of it being behind him. 

In any event, I'd love if anyone can point me in the right direction.  One of my favorite 30 seconds of music ever and I'm not even a drummer.