Author Topic: Eyeglasses...  (Read 618 times)

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
Eyeglasses...
« on: February 02, 2012, 06:29:59 PM »
Alright DTF USA'ers?

I have a huge crack in my lenses. I'm without insurance and I need new eyeglasses. Anyone know of any place where I can get a decent pair of glasses for cheap? Walmart is too cheap, and Lenscrafters seems like a rip-off.

Someone showed me goggles4u.com, but I'm not entirely sure I'm comfortable with it.

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
Re: Eyeglasses...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 06:36:02 PM »
Do you have Costco near you?  BTW, Walmart does have some decent glasses.  I wouldn't be afraid of going with them at all.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 06:44:03 PM »
Yeah, I've heard Costco is good if you have a membership there. My coworker said the ones he got from Target were reasonable and good quality but I have always gotten mine from doctors so I don't have much else to offer.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 06:55:06 PM »
No Costco. I checked out the Walmart and I was not impressed. Another friend is swearing by Zenni Optical. I could get exactly what I need for 10% of the cost of getting them at Lenscrafters.

Problem is, with me, is that I have a bent nerve in my right eye, so I need checkups and new lenses quite often. No, I don't have Glaucoma. But I have really shitty eyes.

edit: in fact, I can't see much with my glasses off at all. Colors and shapes if they're big enough and close enough to my face. Literally, if my glasses aren't on, something needs to be right in front of me.