Author Topic: 2012-04-21 - Mata Elang Indoor Stadium - Jakarta, IDO  (Read 9968 times)

Offline andri_ab

2012-04-21 - Mata Elang Indoor Stadium - Jakarta, IDO
« on: January 30, 2012, 02:03:11 AM »
This will be the first DT show in Indonesia.  We're all DT fans here are excited. 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:15:35 AM by cyberdrummer »

Offline tumbok

Re: 2012-04-21 - Mata Elang Indoor Stadium - Jakarta, IDO
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 11:15:00 PM »
nice to have this thread. for discussion in Bahasa, check this: https://forum.idtfc.com

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 02:30:56 AM »
Generally people root for their countries to host the next DVD shooting, but I think that this gig would be perfect for the next live output. DT first time in Indonesia, the crowd going crazy out of excitement, new huge arena - the perfect setting :)

Offline tumbok

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 06:12:02 PM »

Offline Millais

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 11:45:20 AM »
video greetings!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PtKE3wlCQ8

that's pretty cool. love how all the facebook comments on their page have changed from "come indonesia!" to "we wait for you dream theater, april 21st !!!1!"  :heart

Offline tumbok

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 09:10:40 PM »
to support this concert, Indonesian Dream Theater Fan Club had organized three DT Tribute events.

we are really excited and hope to see DT bring their best at Jakarta.  :tup

Offline Millais

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 03:14:03 PM »
to support this concert, Indonesian Dream Theater Fan Club had organized three DT Tribute events.

we are really excited and hope to see DT bring their best at Jakarta.  :tup

that's awesome! hope you guys enjoy.  ;D

Offline JayOctavarium

• I used to be a whorejerk
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • But then I took a Hef to the knee...
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 05:00:23 PM »
Indonesia for a DVD!!! That would be Amazing!
I just don't understand what they were trying to achieve with any part of the song, either individually or as a whole. You know what? It's the Platypus of Dream Theater songs. That bill doesn't go with that tail, or that strange little furry body, or those webbed feet, and oh god why does it have venomous spurs!? And then you find out it lays eggs too. The difference is that the Platypus is somehow functional despite being a crazy mishmash or leftover animal pieces

-BlobVanDam on "Scarred"

Offline machista.x

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 11:12:53 PM »
Indonesia for a DVD ? Live In Jakarta ? in our dream already, however never push your luck...

Indonesia for a DVD!!! That would be Amazing!

Offline andri_ab

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 01:39:16 AM »
Two days to the show... tonight the guys perform in Korea.  Last nite we had a TV show, a tribute to dream theater night. An almost 4 hour show in the middle of the night, with performance the number one DT cover band in Indonesia. 

Many street billboards for promotion, and today another big advertisement in the most read newspaper appear.  After last week a full one page advertisement.

Sooo excitedt.. excitedt.

-andri-

Offline machista.x

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 05:03:16 AM »
c u @ d venue  :metal

Two days to the show... tonight the guys perform in Korea.  Last nite we had a TV show, a tribute to dream theater night. An almost 4 hour show in the middle of the night, with performance the number one DT cover band in Indonesia. 

Many street billboards for promotion, and today another big advertisement in the most read newspaper appear.  After last week a full one page advertisement.

Sooo excitedt.. excitedt.

-andri-

Offline inoku

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 06:04:10 PM »
I've just had the amazing night yesterday. Finally i saw Dream Theater for the first time.
i will tell more details later.

they played the same list on the korean concert

Dream Is Collapsing
1. Bridges in the Sky
2. 6:00
3. Build Me Up, Break Me Down
4. Surrounded
5. The Root of All Evil
6. Drum Solo
7. A Fortune in Lies
8. Outcry

10. The Silent Man
11. Beneath the Surface

12. On the Backs of Angels
13. War Inside My Head
14. The Test that Stumped Them All
15. The Spirit Carries On
(Petrucci / Ruddess Solo Intro)
16. Breaking All Illusions

Encore:
17. Pull Me Under

here's a shot of the concert from jordan's tweet

https://ow.ly/i/zYY1
A paper doll, by one of my friend from the indonesian dream theater fan club.
she made all five of them. JP even put his doll on his amps.

a photo of myself with jordan in the hotel where they stayed

Offline Pockets17red

• Unofficially Official Prog Archivist
  • If you don't like it, right up yours!
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 06:08:46 PM »
WOW! That is a lot of people! :hefdaddy Do you know if it was close to being sold out?
Capacity says it can fit a little over 20,000 people.
Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline inoku

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 06:12:47 PM »
if i remember correctly.. it's close to sold out. 8000 out of 10000 tickets were sold.

Offline Pockets17red

• Unofficially Official Prog Archivist
  • If you don't like it, right up yours!
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 06:16:44 PM »
if i remember correctly.. it's close to sold out. 8000 out of 10000 tickets were sold.
All that promotion definitely helped out! As far as I'm seeing, Dream Theater has never been to Indonesia before?
With that kind of turnout, I bet they will be back at least once every tour.
Keep on turning, Keep on turning, Turning around, Spinning around, round, round, round, round, round, round, round, round...

Offline inoku

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
All that promotion definitely helped out! As far as I'm seeing, Dream Theater has never been to Indonesia before?
With that kind of turnout, I bet they will be back at least once every tour.

DT supposed to do a concert in 2006 but it was canceled due to travel warning. Yesterday was first time for them.
The crowd really makes this show very special. I heard that James really not in a good mood due to the traffic jam condition of jakarta. But on the show, James was running everywhere on the stage. He delivered all the high notes perfectly. he really was on the top of his game.

Offline andri_ab

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 08:55:53 PM »
Great Inoku! yess it was an amazing show.  My third DT convert, and it brings another impression to me, DT perform in my own country.  Speechlesss...

One of an amazing thing to me is many fans join to sing a long for all songs James sang!! English is not our daily language but we were all singing and singing and singing to every words of the song.  Don't ask about The Spirt Carries On.. wooooww.. soo dramatic when all of the (it's around 10K-or 15K I guess) people were singing together...

DT must put Indonesia as the must visit country for their next tour.

-andri-

Offline machista.x

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 09:22:22 PM »
one of the lucky guys, me included ;-), still feel the excitement until now...  :metal

I've just had the amazing night yesterday. Finally i saw Dream Theater for the first time.
i will tell more details later.

they played the same list on the korean concert

Dream Is Collapsing
1. Bridges in the Sky
2. 6:00
3. Build Me Up, Break Me Down
4. Surrounded
5. The Root of All Evil
6. Drum Solo
7. A Fortune in Lies
8. Outcry

10. The Silent Man
11. Beneath the Surface

12. On the Backs of Angels
13. War Inside My Head
14. The Test that Stumped Them All
15. The Spirit Carries On
(Petrucci / Ruddess Solo Intro)
16. Breaking All Illusions

Encore:
17. Pull Me Under

here's a shot of the concert from jordan's tweet

https://ow.ly/i/zYY1
A paper doll, by one of my friend from the indonesian dream theater fan club.
she made all five of them. JP even put his doll on his amps.

a photo of myself with jordan in the hotel where they stayed

Offline inoku

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 12:18:55 AM »
i found a video from the show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12epvOKM6fY

Offline davzdrummer

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2012, 01:00:07 PM »
Hi,

Was there a Meet and Greet package in this event?  Anyone here from Indonesia who was at the show and can answer this? :)
8th of September 2010

''My name is Mike; I hit things for a living.'' ~ MM

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 01:34:36 PM »
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline kevinpwrs

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 03:52:21 PM »
My God! Look at all those cameras/cell phones videoing! We are seeing the Richmond and the DC show and I really hope there is a no camera policy at those venues. I really do not want a thousand people in front of me holding up cameras to video! That had to be annoying to many of the people in Jakarta.
"You know how you get to Carnegie Hall don't ya? Practice!"

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 04:11:30 PM »
My God! Look at all those cameras/cell phones videoing! We are seeing the Richmond and the DC show and I really hope there is a no camera policy at those venues. I really do not want a thousand people in front of me holding up cameras to video! That had to be annoying to many of the people in Jakarta.

Well to be fair, almost every concert is like that anymore. Plus, many people there have never seen DT before, as this was their first time in Indonesia, so I can understand why everyone and their brother was trying to get a little keepsake with a video or photo.
"A pitch black night unfolds with the morning star as its only light... and thus the saga... begins" - Shenhua (Shenmue series)

Offline inoku

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 06:58:33 PM »

Well to be fair, almost every concert is like that anymore. Plus, many people there have never seen DT before, as this was their first time in Indonesia, so I can understand why everyone and their brother was trying to get a little keepsake with a video or photo.

the promoter gave an announcement about the no camera policy, but they didn't do a good job to make sure that there no cameras. Because they couldn't handle that much crowd. So, even the security didn't do a bag check. Because of that, people easily walk into the venue with all the cameras, ipads, and even cigarettes.

Hi,

Was there a Meet and Greet package in this event?  Anyone here from Indonesia who was at the show and can answer this? :)

i didn't buy the package, my friend did. it's different from the usual. Live nation didn't sell them. So you have to buy the package from the promoter.

Offline andri_ab

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 08:22:04 PM »
I join the Meet and Greet.  The price is more expensive compare to the other M&G package.  It was IDR 2.4 million, equivalent to USD 260.  Japan M&G price is only USD 200.  The program itself did not run well because the promotor seems that they are not ready in preparing this M&G.  Too many participants, around 60 people makes the queue very long.  Times is so limited.  I was only allowed to bring ONE item to be signed by the band... so disappointed of course because the previous persons can were allowed to sign 3 items. 

Luckyly I brought my guitar, and it got a special notice from Myung, Petrucci and Rudess.  JP even took a picture, and twitted it!  Yes, you can see it in JP's tweet few days ago.  It was a special guitar, an acoustic one, with DT albums printed on the body.

Here it is if you want to see it:  ;D

https://ow.ly/i/A181

The other advantage for the M&G holder is allowed to enter the venue earlier, so we can choose the best position for us.  For me? ... I prefer to take dinner after M&G and back to the arena when it was full.  I can seat anywhere..  :lol

-andri-

Offline davzdrummer

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2012, 04:50:11 AM »
Nice!  I hope they'll have one at Singapore.  No details about it yet..  :sad:
8th of September 2010

''My name is Mike; I hit things for a living.'' ~ MM

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2012, 12:02:56 PM »
It was IDR 2.4 million, equivalent to USD 260.
I gasped until I saw the USD equivalent.  :lol
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Shadow2222

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2012, 01:14:38 PM »
I join the Meet and Greet.  The price is more expensive compare to the other M&G package.  It was IDR 2.4 million, equivalent to USD 260.  Japan M&G price is only USD 200.  The program itself did not run well because the promotor seems that they are not ready in preparing this M&G.  Too many participants, around 60 people makes the queue very long.  Times is so limited.  I was only allowed to bring ONE item to be signed by the band... so disappointed of course because the previous persons can were allowed to sign 3 items. 

Luckyly I brought my guitar, and it got a special notice from Myung, Petrucci and Rudess.  JP even took a picture, and twitted it!  Yes, you can see it in JP's tweet few days ago.  It was a special guitar, an acoustic one, with DT albums printed on the body.

Here it is if you want to see it:  ;D

https://ow.ly/i/A181

The other advantage for the M&G holder is allowed to enter the venue earlier, so we can choose the best position for us.  For me? ... I prefer to take dinner after M&G and back to the arena when it was full.  I can seat anywhere..  :lol

-andri-

That guitar is awesome  :tup

Offline inoku

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2012, 03:26:44 AM »
all these 5 dolls were given to each member during the meet and greet session

Offline Fuji Kolor

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 11:57:39 PM »
all these 5 dolls were given to each member during the meet and greet session

:tup
JP directly on display on stage.