Author Topic: Heretic's Top 50 Albums v. The DTForums Are Raging Inside Me  (Read 15602 times)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Re: Heretic's Top 50 Albums v. Welp.
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 06:24:53 PM »
 :metal
Crack the Skye was the first Mastodon I ever listened to, and a great choice!  I still need to check out August Burns Red yet, would  Leveler be a good place to start or should I start further back in their discography?

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
  • Bouncing around the room
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 01:20:44 AM »
I wasn't that into Crack the Skye sadly. To me, Blood Mountain and Leviathan are Mastodon's best albums. :/

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 01:24:18 AM »
Crack The Skye is my favourite Mastodon album :metal

I've only heard the title track to This Is War, and I like it a lot. I guess I'll check out the whole album some time.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
  • never give up, never give in
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2012, 11:10:00 AM »
:metal
Crack the Skye was the first Mastodon I ever listened to, and a great choice!  I still need to check out August Burns Red yet, would  Leveler be a good place to start or should I start further back in their discography?

Yes! Leveler is a fantastic album, though not my favorite by them. Close, though. @Zydar, you should definitely check it out, it's a pretty rad album! Some meh songs, but the ones that are awesome... are awesome. Zantera, that's unfortunate... I do think Leviathan is fantastic, though, my 3rd favorite by the guys.

29. Porcupine Tree - In Absentia

Second favorite PT album right here! Lightbulb Sun and Stupid Dream have been creeping up behind it quickly, though, so who knows by this time next year. In any case, this was the first PT album I heard in full, and the first that finally got to me. At first, PT were a band I liked a few songs from, but didn't really care for the entire discography. It took a good while for the band to grow on me, but now they have, and I love their work; I think it was Deform to Form a Star from SW's solo album that really made me realize how beautiful SW's work was that got me to finally delve deeper into the discography and learn to love it. This album is among their best (except in Zantera's opinion :D) and showcases three of my favorite PT songs: Trains, Collapse the Light Into Earth, and Blackest Eyes. Overall, the album is a staple of PT's discography and an album any progressive fan should listen to!

Favorite songs: Trains, Collapse the Light Into Earth, Blackest Eyes, Heartattack in a Layby

28. Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare

Avenged Sevenfold are the band that got me into music, but you'll hear a good bit about that later on in this list. For now, I'll just say that their music impacted me enough to start checking out lots of other stuff, which eventually got me where I am today, I suppose. However, no matter how my taste changes, I will always love these guys and their music. Nightmare was a fantastic release from 2010, one of my top albums of the year (Anathema released their best album that year, though, so not the best :P) and it was a definite step up from the self-titled in my opinion. A more return to the heavy metal sound that defined City of Evil fused with some of the more rock tendencies from the S/T and the typical experimentation, Nightmare was written at a time which makes the album even more recognizable-- the death of Avenged Sevenfold's drummer came in 2009, right as the album's writing had been underway. The album then changed from a concept album about who knows what to a different kind of concept album-- an album written as a tribute to their late best friend, and the band did it seamlessly. Everyone's favorite ex-Dream Theater drummer Mike Portnoy stepped in to record the drums for the album, him being one of the Rev's favorite drummers, and he does an excellent job on each song.

Overall, the album is very solid. It's a metal record, full of fast solos, heavy riffs, and blazing drums, while also containing slower ballads, melody in every corner, and even progressive elements. It's what makes these guys one of my favorite bands. The album closer "Save Me" shows what a genius the Rev was, being based off of some things he had written before. Save Me is like Avenged Sevenfold on Dream Theater steroids, and it closes the album majestically.

Favorite songs: Tonight the World Dies, Save Me, Buried Alive, So Far Away, Welcome to the Family

27. Opeth - Blackwater Park

Here's my second favorite Opeth album, Blackwater Park. Originally my favorite, this album was the first I heard in full by Opeth, and, contained the first song I'd heard from them in general (Harvest.) The album was produced by Mr. Steven Wilson, and his influence is definitely there. Bleak is my favorite song by Opeth, and it features SW on the song, too. What I love about the album is the atmosphere, the change between dark and light, heavy and soft, mixed with evil sounding growls, then accompanied by a soft, mellow voice. Opeth are a really interesting band, and they continue to grow on me with each listen, because each listen showcases new things in the songs I hadn't heard before. Blackwater Park is considered Opeth's magnum opus by lots of fans, and I can definitely see why.

Favorite songs: Bleak, The Drapery Falls, Blackwater Park, Harvest

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2012, 11:37:29 AM »
Blackwater Park is a nice choice, pretty great album. Nightmare is also pretty cool, though the title-track annoys the hell out of me. In Absentia is good. It lacks dymanics and a flow, but if those things aren't interesting to the listener, and you only want a couple of sterile songs lined up after each other, then I guess it's nice. ;)

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2012, 11:52:11 AM »
In Absentia: My #2 PT album after Deadwing, many great songs on it.

Blackwater Park: Awesome album, my #2 after Ghost Reveries. Bleak-Harvest-Drapery is one hell of a song sequence.
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2012, 12:55:23 PM »
In Abstemia is such a great album
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Mladen

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2012, 01:31:39 PM »
In absentia is pretty damn good. I don't care for a couple of songs on it, but the ones that I like are really golden. The Sound of muzak, Blackest eyes, Trains, Collapse the light into earth, The Creator has a mastertape...  :hefdaddy

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2012, 10:52:37 AM »
You have two of my favourites up there in that post, good job  :)
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2012, 12:22:25 PM »
Enjoying.....keep 'em coming  :hat

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2012, 03:38:40 PM »
Thanks, guys! I'm still really busy but I'm doing my best here, so bear with me. :tup

26. Cloudkicker - Beacons

Putting aside the fact this the album art for this wasn't on the site I've been using and it screws up my size resolutions for now....Beacons is my favorite instrumental album of all time. :lol Cloudkicker, the one man project of Ben Sharp, is literally one of the greatest instrumental acts out there-- and to make things even better, he offers all of his music for free! How much better can that get? Cloudkicker is more of a hobby, not a touring act or anything, but either way, the music is still fantastic. Incorporating everything from prog metal to post rock on his albums, Mr. Sharp truly creates a sound that is unique and interesting. Beacons has moments of incredible heaviness and moments of calm reflection to accompany it. It's a diverse album, and one of the best instrumental albums ever made, in my opinion.

Favorite songs: Push it way up!, ...it's just wide open field, We're goin' in. We're going down., Amy, I love you.

25. Alter Bridge - ABIII

Alter Bridge is a more mainstream rock act, yet they are about the pinnacle of that genre/sound. While their music doesn't present a new formula, it's not just hard rock made for the radio; it's made for the purpose of making music, for creation and fun. It also helps that Alter Bridge has an amazing singer in Myles Kennedy. ABIII is their third album, of course, and it's perhaps the heaviest. It's a very strong album, with lots of melody and catchy choruses, mixed in with occasional progressive tendencies and the token ballad. The album showcases AB's strengths very well, and, while it doesn't quite have a "Blackbird" track on the album, it does contain some of the bands' best work in any case. I can't wait to see what their next album holds; they're all very talented musicians.

Favorite songs: Words Darker Than Their Wings, Ghost of Days Gone By, Slip to the Void, Isolation, All Hope is Gone

24. The Tallest Man on Earth - The Wild Hunt

This album right here is just the definition of beautiful songwriting in its purest form. While it took me a while to appreciate the vocals, once they clicked, this album just shot up my list of favorites. Every song is wonderful, each containing lyrics that are personal, powerful, and just all around good. The vocal melodies are great, and the way Kristian Matsson picks the guitar so carefully paired with the way he enunciates is just fantastic. I can't personally think of a weak moment on the entire album-- everything is where it should be, and the way songs are placed, such as the melancholy Love is All right after the lovable and faster-paced King of Spain, just adds to the wonder of the album. Everything Matsson has released thus far has been very good, the most recent EP being one his best things yet. Great things are to come, I believe.

Favorite songs: Love is All, Burden of Tomorrow, King of Spain, A Lion's Heart, The Wild Hunt, The Drying of the Lawns

EDIT: ordered them wrong, WHOOPS.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 03:57:05 PM by Heretic »

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2012, 06:58:33 PM »
THE TALLEST MAN ON EARTH :heart :heart

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2012, 03:11:31 AM »
Huge props for Cloudkicker and Tallest Man on Earth. Interestingly enough, I haven't really gotten familiar with "Beacons" yet. I've listened to The Discovery and Let Yourself Be Huge many times, but have only listened to Beacons once or something. But it's on my list for more spins. ;)
Tallest Man is one of my favorite singer/songwriters, his music just connects with me on a very emotional & personal level, and I'm really looking forward to his third album.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2012, 06:17:37 AM »
I love some PT.

I used to be huge fan of AB so it's a shame I have checked out ABIII yet.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2012, 09:14:54 AM »
I'll add props for Cloudkicker.

How old are you Heretic?  This list skews VERY recent.  It's not bad, but I'm just trying to figure how big of a collection you are drawing from.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2012, 09:26:08 AM »

How old are you Heretic?  This list skews VERY recent.  It's not bad, but I'm just trying to figure how big of a collection you are drawing from.
18 if I'm correct.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2012, 05:14:57 PM »

Yeah I'm 18. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of older music; while I enjoy some classic rock and whatnot, I'm just a lot more into things from the 90s and up. And if you're talking about the albums on here that are from 2010 and 2011, well I thought those were some of the best years for music in a long time.

Give me four years, and I guarantee this list will be completely different. But it would be for anyone. Give me 20 years to draw an enormous collection, it'd be even more different. That's expected. So if it's a problem that I'm including what you call more "recent" stuff, well I'm sorry, it's what I love and have collected over about 5 years of actually caring about music, and what I listen to the most whenever I listen to music, and it's a good way for me to document what I considered my best and look on it years from now and see how it compares, right?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2012, 05:20:08 PM »

Yeah I'm 18. I'm not a huge fan of a lot of older music; while I enjoy some classic rock and whatnot, I'm just a lot more into things from the 90s and up. And if you're talking about the albums on here that are from 2010 and 2011, well I thought those were some of the best years for music in a long time.

Give me four years, and I guarantee this list will be completely different. But it would be for anyone. Give me 20 years to draw an enormous collection, it'd be even more different. That's expected. So if it's a problem that I'm including what you call more "recent" stuff, well I'm sorry, it's what I love and have collected over about 5 years of actually caring about music, and what I listen to the most whenever I listen to music, and it's a good way for me to document what I considered my best and look on it years from now and see how it compares, right?
Don't worry, I think I've only got a few records that are before the 90's on mine, I'm like you the 90's and onward are just so radular.  And thanks for reminding me Cloudkicker's discography was free, I've now got more to listen to!

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2012, 05:31:56 PM »
When I said recent, I meant like in the last 2 years.  Like I said the first time, I wasn't criticizing, just asking.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2012, 05:36:07 PM »
When I said recent, I meant like in the last 2 years.  Like I said the first time, I wasn't criticizing, just asking.

I can pick a lot of albums on here that aren't from the past 2 years. There's a good number that are, too, but like I said, those years were absolutely fantastic for music. There's one 2010 album in my top 10! When it's released doesn't have anything to do with the kind of impact it makes on you and how much you personally enjoy it.

Offline WebRaider

• Like What You Like, People...
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2012, 05:41:30 PM »
Lots of cool stuff so far. TDH, Mastodon, Alter Bridge, Cloudkicker etc.  :tup

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2012, 09:11:17 AM »
Wow, sorry for the total lack of updates. I've been pretty busy and I'm also one to choose other things over computer time sometimes, soooo :blush In any case, I'll try and update twice today.

23. Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence

Alright, here's my second favorite release from good ole' DT. SDOIT marked a sound change for the band; with Jordan in the band, they'd made SFAM, and on this album we see them taking that sound, perfecting it, and experimenting with it as well. I love the diversity of the first disc, and that's what makes this one of my favorites. None of the songs really sound the same; The Glass Prison is straight up metal, Misunderstood is a sort of ethereal song that builds, Disappear is nothing short of incredibly depressing, The Great Debate is an intense political writing, the list goes on. The second disc is fantastic as well, having the SDOIT title track, which is a 40+ minute song that never really gets boring. While I'd definitely say I prefer disc 1 to disc 2, they are both fantastic overall.

Favorite songs: Misunderstood, The Great Debate, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, Blind Faith

22. Third Eye Blind - A Collection

This isn't a straight up album, but a.. well, erm, a collection of 3EB's best songs from throughout their career (when it was released.) This makes it a very strong release in my opinion, having many songs that are incredibly catchy and entertaining. I'm not the type who normally listens to this kind of music, but I absolutely love the energy, the happiness, and the emotion you can hear in almost all of the songs-- not to mention the humorous lyrics at times. 3EB has a catchy, unique feel to their pop-rock sound, and I love it. And, seriously, who hasn't heard Jumper or Semi-Charmed Life? This album is full of 90's nostalgia for me.

Favorite songs: Jumper, Semi-Charmed Life, Motorcycle Drive By, My Time in Exile

21. Thrice - Major/Minor

Hopefully I won't get stones thrown at me for another 2011 album, but Major/Minor in my opinion is Thrice's second strongest release overall. Fairly different from all of Thrice's material save for Beggars, we get a heavily grunge/alternative rock influenced album, chock full of songs that are emotional, powerful, and unique. While there isn't much heaviness, a certain air of emotion lingers in the album and makes it fairly emotionally heavy. Words in the Water is the absolute pinnacle of the album, perhaps even being my favorite song ever written. Other songs, like Anthology, Disarmed, Yellow Belly, Call It in the Air, etc., all showcase Thrice's creativity and genius. Overall, a really really good album, and one of Thrice's best releases.

Favorite songs: Words in the Water, Disarmed, Anthology, Call It in the Air
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 05:57:59 PM by Heretic »

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2012, 09:13:47 AM »
Major/Minor was a step up from Beggars IMO, though I still like the latter. 6DOIT is a top3 DT album for me (if that says anything), and I haven't heard of the other album, though it's possible that I would recognize a song or two if I listened to it.

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2012, 09:15:51 AM »
Major/Minor was a step up from Beggars IMO, though I still like the latter. 6DOIT is a top3 DT album for me (if that says anything), and I haven't heard of the other album, though it's possible that I would recognize a song or two if I listened to it.

Yeah it's definitely better than Beggars, more consistent and Beggars has less stand out tracks. I definitely think you'd recognize Jumper, haha, everyone knows that song.

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2012, 04:51:25 PM »
Six degrees also makes my top 50  :tup
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2012, 05:35:06 PM »
Six degrees also makes my top 50  :tup

Your music taste is as awesome as they come, Nekov. :heart

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2012, 07:23:40 PM »
Awesome!

I had that Third Eye Blind album almost in the exact place you did but removed it because it was a compilation and I already had two on my list.

Third Eye Blind has to be one of the best bands of their genre to come out of the 90's.

Online jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2012, 08:18:49 AM »
8 day bump.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2012, 10:03:13 AM »
Time for an update indeed!

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2012, 10:27:58 AM »
Wait a minute, you start by saying Major/Minor is Thrice's second best overall and end with saying it's their best release  ???
Which is it (in your opinion)?
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2012, 06:15:38 PM »
@Elite: A definite typo, meant to put one of Thrice's best releases. Fixed that, thank you!
@Zantera and jingle.boy: I'm quite sorry, I've been busy out of my mind recently. Soccer season has begun and that paired with advanced classes and art projects and whatnot makes everything hectic (plus I'm incredibly tired all of the time.) I'll update now.

20. Seventh Wonder - The Great Escape

The Great Escape is probably one of my favorite releases ever in the "progressive metal" scene. Seventh Wonder are a band who make music in the style of Dream Theater, Kamelot, bands like that, and they're fantastic. Their vocalist, Tommy Karevik, is definitely one of the premiere vocalists on the prog metal scene, and his range truly shows that. The Great Escape doesn't have a ton of songs, being that there is a 30 minute title track on the album-- but let me just say that it's one of the greatest 30 minute songs I've ever heard. It tells the story of a failed space mission, and the backstory is quite interesting. The song never grows dull or boring, and the entire time the music captivates the listener, telling them the fate of the journey. While the journey doesn't have a good ending, this album certainly does.

Favorite songs: The Great Escape, Wiseman, Long Way Home, King of Whitewater 

19. Opeth - Still Life

Here in my opinion is the best Opeth album, Still Life. The entire album tells a story, as it is a concept album, and it flows wonderfully. The only album that I really listen to by them in full, honestly, and part of that is due to the flow and progression of the album. It magically portrays a somewhat dark story, and the music sets the atmosphere for that very well. The entire album is a standout in the progressive genre, as it shows Opeth taking their older sound, growing, and perfecting a progressive death metal sound overall. A fantastic release.

Favorite songs: All of them

18. Trivium - Shogun

While the other Trivium albums wouldn't get that close to my top 50, Shogun is something completely different. It's one of the metal albums that while being fairly straight up thrash/heavy metal/metalcore, there's progressive tendencies in the songs, the structures, the time signature changes, and everything. It's an incredible step up from their previous album, The Crusade, and it shows the taking the heavy metal formula to a new level. The title track is one of my favorite metal tracks of all time, and the album in general is just a standout release. While In Waves was a bit of a letdown, Shogun is truly a wonder.

Favorite songs: Shogun, Kirisute Gomen, Into the Mouth of Hell We March, Insurrection

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2012, 01:42:51 AM »
Nice to see Opeth and Trivium. Seventh Wonder really isn't my thing though. :P

Offline Heretic

• hold your head up high
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2012, 02:57:51 PM »
Zantera I can't say I'm surprised :rollin Sometimes I just enjoy the prog metal sound, I suppose! Thanks for keeping up with the thread, by the way, you're awesome.

We're slowly getting down to the nitty gritty here, folks. I guarantee you all of the forthcoming albums will be full of win. :hat

17. Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of the Silent Earth: 3

And here's my favorite Coheed and Cambria album, In Keeping Secrets! While some die-hard fans prefer SSTB, and others prefer the proggy-ness of GAI, I myself enjoy the combination of those two, this album right here. With excellent songwriting, this album showcases the band as they were finding their sound a bit more, and it truly shows the creativity of the band and how well the members at the time worked together. Every song is incredibly catchy, from my personal favorite Three Evils, to the poppy Blood Red Summer, to the fantastic The Light and the Glass-- everything is just fantastic. I hope Coheed takes the return of their former member to heart and creates an album like this, as it's definitely the best thing they've produced.

Favorite songs: Three Evils (Embodied In Love and Shadow), Blood Red Summer, The Crowing, The Light and the Glass, In Keeping Secrets of the Silent Earth 3

16. Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet

This album is magical. From the first seconds of the album, you are thrust into an atmosphere of darkness, of uncertainty, and of a certain melancholy that's hard to describe. Fear of a Blank Planet, in my opinion, is PT's best album, containing the perfect length, song amount, and mood. Even the album art fits the album perfectly. The album is so cohesive and well put together that it is just astounding how well all the songs work together, and how they almost even tell a story. Steven might not have gotten incredibly metaphorical for the lyrics, but they work because of the music that's alongside them. Sentimental is definitely my favorite, being incredibly sad and downcast, yet still carrying the message well. Overall, this album is a masterpiece, and is essential for prog fans. Take it from me; a guy who initially wasn't a huge fan of this band... this album is the game changer.

Favorite songs: All of them

15. Fair to Midland - Arrows & Anchors

I'd consider this to be FTM's second true release, although it's actually their fourth; however, it's a logical progression for the band and some of the greatest music I've heard. FTM has a sound unlike most other bands, and a vocalist that's about as unique as they get. Darroh Sudderth, the vocalist, also pens most of the lyrics, which are oftentimes based around cliches and metaphors that are commonly used in the English language. Some might find this approach skeptical, but I personally think it adds something to the bands' music, and as such I adore the lyrics. While this album doesn't quite reach the heights of its' predecessor, it comes about as close as it can get. It does improve upon some aspects of Fables, too; such as the balance between heavy and light, and the songwriting, at times. A good example of this would be The Greener Grass, which is definitely one of the bands' best songs. The album is truly a fantastic one, and helped solidify FTM as one of my top 3 bands of all time- a definite feat for a band with just a few albums!

Favorite songs: Short-haired Tornado, The Greener Grass, Rikki Tikki Tavi, Golden Parachutes, Musical Chairs

Offline Zantera

• Wolfman's brother
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2012, 03:05:05 PM »
Haven't really been able to get into Coheed (though I can't really say that I've put in a monster effort either), but Fear of a Blank Planet is tied with Signify for my favorite Porcupine Tree album, and Arrows and Anchors is really fantastic as well.
Nice picks! Can't wait for the rest.  :tup

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2012, 05:13:36 PM »
Don't feel bad about not being able to get into C&C, Zantera.  I won't repost my thoughts on them here, but they are in Nick's list because Nick and I talk shit on each other all the time I was pretty honest about them there.

I like In Absentia and Deadwing more than FOABP, but saying that its your favorite PT album means that no PT will be in the top 15, and that in and of itself is awesome.

FTM is very good, but it wouldn't be in my top 50.