Author Topic: On the Backs of Angels -- best song off ATDOE?  (Read 4916 times)

Offline nikatapi

Re: On the Backs of Angels -- best song off ATDOE?
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2012, 10:13:29 AM »
Well i kinda agree with the OP, although there are great epic songs in this album, i keep finding myself wanting to listen to OTBOA more and more. Its an amazing song.

Offline The King in Crimson

• Stuck in a glass dome since 1914!
  • Mr. Sandman, Give Me A Dream
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2012, 11:20:05 AM »
Great song.  I loved it at first listen, but it's not the best on ADToE.  I rank LNF and BitS higher and maybe BAI too.

It IS better than everything on BC&SL and a lot of SC though, but that's not saying much.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2012, 11:23:28 AM »
Rock solid song, and a fine opener, but the best song on ADTOE?  No way.  To me, it is only better than Lost Not Forgotten, and even that is pretty close.  But it speaks volumes as to how strong the album is as a whole when the least best songs are that good. :tup :tup

Offline InfraredDream

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2012, 12:02:07 PM »
Real hard for me to put another song before Breaking All Illusions. And not just from this album. This song is easily one of my most favorite songs ever! Still listen to it a lot and it is impressive every time!
I love On The Backs Of Angels a lot though. A very classic one.

Offline N4Player

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2012, 07:44:14 AM »
OTBOA is near the top at this point and was the best choice for first single and album opener. Love it and never skip it. BITS and BAI are the best for me on ADTOE. Can't choose between the two.