Author Topic: Finally got around to listening to ADTOE  (Read 1009 times)

Offline ehra

Finally got around to listening to ADTOE
« on: January 27, 2012, 02:53:42 PM »
Took me long enough. Eventually bought it for myself around the holidays but didn't listen to it because I was too distracted with games like Skyrim and the time I did spend listening to music was first spent listening to other stuff I got recently first (mainly Devin Townsend's Ghost, which took me a few listens but now I love). To be honest, I really wasn't in a hurry to listen to it. Didn't have anything to do with MP leaving, I just hadn't felt much urge to listen to DT for awhile and, going off their more recent stuff, I figured it'd have a bunch of ok songs, a few that would have been brilliant if it weren't for the not brilliant parts that surrounded the brilliant parts, and one or two that were really good.

I haven't given it too many listens yet so maybe things will change (I was really positive about all of DT's recent albums when they first came out), but I'm really happy with it right now. Wasn't paying close attention to the song names, but it seems like I still don't care for On The Backs of Angels while Breaking All Illusions and Build Me Up, Break Me Down are super rad. The album got me into a DT kick which hasn't happened for awhile, not sure if I'm going to give this album some more listens or go through their other stuff again first.

That's all.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 02:58:58 PM by ehra »

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
Re: Finally got around to listening to ADTOE
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 02:58:04 PM »
 :tup
Sincerely,
Jaffa

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 03:43:53 PM »
...you listen to DT??

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 05:49:11 PM »

But in reality, Bridges in the Sky is amazing.

Offline voncorn

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »
-
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:39:13 AM by voncorn »

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 08:54:25 PM »
Finally, after 5 months I'm starting to really like this album.  OTBOA, BMU,BMD and BAI are my favs so far.  Great songs.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White