Author Topic: Jesus never existed?  (Read 39221 times)

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Jesus never existed?
« Reply #420 on: March 06, 2012, 04:32:33 AM »
Mark and Luke both contain similar verses/stories, so assuming someone copied someone, how do we know it was Luke that copied Mark? Why couldn't it be the other way around?

I'm not saying that it has to be the other way around, I really just don't know.  :angel:  Is it because Mark is shorter?

EDIT: Or if there's that 'Q' document or whatever, they might not have copied off each other at all. That's a possibility, isn't it?
Q doesn't have anything to do with Mark.  It has to do with the non-Markan material that Luke and Matthew share with each other.

You really don't know anything about this stuff?
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #421 on: March 06, 2012, 11:34:17 AM »
Mark and Luke both contain similar verses/stories, so assuming someone copied someone, how do we know it was Luke that copied Mark? Why couldn't it be the other way around?

I'm not saying that it has to be the other way around, I really just don't know.  :angel:  Is it because Mark is shorter?

EDIT: Or if there's that 'Q' document or whatever, they might not have copied off each other at all. That's a possibility, isn't it?
Q doesn't have anything to do with Mark.  It has to do with the non-Markan material that Luke and Matthew share with each other.

You really don't know anything about this stuff?
A little bit, but sometimes I get my terms confused. I do appreciate you tilting your chin up and making me feel like an intellectual inferior, though.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #422 on: March 06, 2012, 06:49:17 PM »
 ??? That's not where I was coming from at all, sorry if you took it that way.

I wasn't being sarcastic, I was asking a question in surprise.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #423 on: March 12, 2012, 07:10:03 PM »
On a non-serious note:

Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude:

Offline yeshaberto

• Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #424 on: March 12, 2012, 10:17:34 PM »
I love that SD