Author Topic: Accountability with Christians  (Read 1096 times)

Offline AndyDT

Accountability with Christians
« on: January 23, 2012, 05:19:20 AM »
Is it wise to confess to your church leader(s) for any sexual sin you've committed? because reading the other thread it seems like I've infringed about a dozen times despite not doing the full intercourse thing.

What about in marriage - how much do you need to keep accountability with the church and for what issues?

Offline Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: Accountability with Christians
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 05:25:14 AM »
If those are your beliefs, that's between you and god, not you and the church.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 05:42:56 AM »
In a relationship though you can be pliable to making excuses for the sin and the christian life is not done in isolation.

Online lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 06:14:21 AM »
In my mind, you should confess to the people you sinned against, not a pastor/priest or another third party. Confess to God and if your actions hurt another person, confess and apologize to them.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 06:25:37 AM »
Of course but I'm talking more abuot things that you might excuse together e.g sexual sin.

Offline yeshaberto

• Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 09:22:43 AM »
james says to "confess your sins to one another" (James 5:16).  wisdom suggests to choose people who you can trust.

Offline Vivace

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 10:19:45 AM »
If you feel as if you have sinned when it comes to sex or lust, don't have any fear in that confession, regardless if it wasn't venial or not. A priest will still help you understand the morality and your responsibility in these matters. When it comes to other issues, only confess those sins that are mortal, not venial. For example, if someone says something to you and you have feelings of hate to that person. That's not a sin, that's human nature. If you punch him in the face, attack him, or scream back at him, then that should be confessed as a sin. There is nothing sinful about human emotions. We all have them, it's how we act on those emotions is what makes it immoral. I would ask your parish priest about it. This is one thing I wish more people would do. The sacrament of Reconciliation is a sacrament and should be practiced regularly but it ends up getting tossed to the side by most Catholics.
"What kind of Jedis are these? Guardians of peace and justice my ass!"

"Ha ha! You fool! My Kung Fu is also big for have been trained in your Jedi arts why not!"