Author Topic: Men's groups dealing with sexual morality/accountability (NSFW)  (Read 9027 times)

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
Re: Men's groups dealing with sexual morality/accountability (NSFW)
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 03:02:31 PM »
I want to bring in something from another thread:

Any sexual contact outside marriage is sin.  Any sex within marriage is awesome.

What qualifies as "sexual"?  Oral sex?  Kissing? Kissing too much?  Hugging?  Any physical touch whatsoever?  As an unmarried person, should I just avoid all these things just to be safe?

This is the only thing you need to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Oj0-splZw

But no, I'd imagine you're safe with kissing/hugging.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 03:04:38 PM »
:lol
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 03:23:18 PM »
As a person you should avoid the Bible, just to be safe.

Seriously. I absolutely fail to see how, with all that stuff in this thread, your personal God is making you a better person. All I see is people here with their rampant paranoia of not offending their deity. I don't think it comes particularly as a surprise that religious zealots have the most skeletons in the closet. If your very *being* is an offense to God, it's time to shop for another God. Lots around, and some really cool ones too, especially some who don't consider your very body an offense to them.

rumborak
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:30:10 PM by rumborak »
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Ħ

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, 03:28:59 PM »
First of all, if it's true, then you have to suck it up even if you've been brought up otherwise.

Second, I don't think the Christian God is "offended" by our sins because our sins have been covered for.  I think God is looking out for our best interests and sometimes asks us to do things we don't understand.  But I can see the merits of abstaining from sex before marriage.  That's easy to see.  It magnifies your love for one another.
"All great works are prepared in the desert, including the redemption of the world. The precursors, the followers, the Master Himself, all obeyed or have to obey one and the same law. Prophets, apostles, preachers, martyrs, pioneers of knowledge, inspired artists in every art, ordinary men and the Man-God, all pay tribute to loneliness, to the life of silence, to the night." - A. G. Sertillanges

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, 03:37:20 PM »
Let's take this from a naturalist angle. No matter whether God had his hands in it or not, humans need to survive as a species. Evolution (or God) facilitates this by making humans as fertile as possible, with the result of men producing sperm in their testicles at a constant rate.That stuff comes out. One way or the other.
So, if your God requires you to gross the fuck out of everyone around you by smileing into your blankets regularly, your God sucks. Either at designing you, or at living with His design.

rumborak

Offline Ħ

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 03:39:07 PM »
Oh so you're talking about masturbation, which most of this in thread think is biblically approved of.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2012, 03:39:18 PM »
I think it's all reabsorbed mostly.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2012, 03:42:26 PM »
"Mostly". The remainder is beheld by your mom when she washes the blankets.

rumborak

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2012, 03:44:19 PM »
Oh so you're talking about masturbation, which most of this in thread think is biblically approved of.

Eh. New times, new biblical interpretations. 100 years ago ,had there been an internet, this discussion would have included masturbation.

rumborak

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2012, 04:05:25 PM »

Any sexual contact outside marriage is sin.  Any sex within marriage is awesome.

What qualifies as "sexual"?  Oral sex?  Kissing? Kissing too much?  Hugging?  Any physical touch whatsoever?  As an unmarried person, should I just avoid all these things just to be safe?

This is the only thing you need to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Oj0-splZw

But no, I'd imagine you're safe with kissing/hugging.
Dude, what the fuck was that?

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2012, 04:22:26 PM »
GIMME DAT CHRISTIAN SIDE HUG
The "gun shot" sample in the background was a nice touch. "We down wit Christ luv - BANG BANG BANG BANG! SIREN!"

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2012, 04:47:24 PM »
Setting aside for a moment what your body is likely telling you you want to do, what do you think the answer is?  How do you read the Scripture on that?

How do you think 1 Corinthians 6:18 fits in (if at all)?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ħ

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2012, 04:51:34 PM »
Setting aside for a moment what your body is likely telling you you want to do, what do you think the answer is?  How do you read the Scripture on that?

How do you think 1 Corinthians 6:18 fits in (if at all)?
Is that directed to me?  It seems like that passage equates sexual immorality with becoming one flesh, which I'm inclined to believe is coitus.  Am I missing something?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2012, 05:02:43 PM »
Oops.  Yes.  Was responding to this:

What qualifies as "sexual"?  Oral sex?  Kissing? Kissing too much?  Hugging?  Any physical touch whatsoever?  As an unmarried person, should I avoid all these things just to be safe?
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline Ħ

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2012, 05:14:11 PM »
So...am I correct?

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2012, 05:48:47 PM »
I don't believe so.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
12 Everything is permissible for me— but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me— but I will not be mastered by anything.
Okay, so I can see how this can used to say you ought not to let things go out of control, like letting masturbation become an addiction.  Or letting a relationship with a girlfriend/boyfriend have too much emphasis on physical interaction rather than spiritual interaction.

The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
Makes sense, but it begs the question: what is sexual immorality?

5 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never!  16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, The two will become one flesh.
This is where I think that Paul equates sexuality with coming together/unification/becoming one flesh, which (correct me if I'm wrong) is coitus and nothing else.  Still doesn't solve the kissing/hugging/etc problem.

18 Flee from sexual immorality.
Okay, I can see how you can use this in conjunction with verse 12 to say "better safe than sorry, because we don't want to push it."  But it doesn't explicitly condemn something like kissing.  It would be the equivalent of saying drinking a chocolate shake from In N Out makes you guilty of gluttony.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at.  Could you be more explicit?

Offline Ravenheart

• Hair
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2012, 09:39:09 PM »
Attending a weekly cult akin to AA to micromanage biological urges sounds exhausting and unnecessarily time-consuming, but whatever floats your boat.

Offline Gadough

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2012, 09:44:44 PM »
Checking out girls- If God doesn't want me to check out women, why did he make them so fucking hot.

/thread
Gadough isn't Hitler. He's much, much worse.

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2012, 11:58:17 PM »

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2012, 02:55:17 AM »

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2012, 03:23:18 AM »
5 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never!  16 Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, The two will become one flesh.
This is where I think that Paul equates sexuality with coming together/unification/becoming one flesh, which (correct me if I'm wrong) is coitus and nothing else.  Still doesn't solve the kissing/hugging/etc problem.
Where does it say it is only referring to coitus?  I don't think the Bible parses out various sexual acts.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2012, 11:04:32 AM »
El Jonno, how is that helpful at all?

Hef, I guess what I'd have to do is look at all the instances of people coming together as one flesh and use contextual clues to figure out what that means.

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2012, 11:40:19 AM »
Hef, I guess what I'd have to do is look at all the instances of people coming together as one flesh and use contextual clues to figure out what that means.
Be my guest, but like I said, I don't think the Bible differentiates at all.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2012, 11:50:33 AM »
That doesn't help me at all.  That implies that you know the meaning of the word "sexual", and it's a simple matter of asking yourself is something is sexual before deciding to incorporate it into your relationship.  That's good and all, and it's what I want to do as well, but I'm still lost at the definition of "sexual".  We obviously have an intuitive human sense of what is "sexual", but I don't know if that matches up with what the bible defines as "sexual".

Online hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2012, 01:52:05 PM »
That doesn't help me at all.  That implies that you know the meaning of the word "sexual", and it's a simple matter of asking yourself is something is sexual before deciding to incorporate it into your relationship.  That's good and all, and it's what I want to do as well, but I'm still lost at the definition of "sexual".  We obviously have an intuitive human sense of what is "sexual", but I don't know if that matches up with what the bible defines as "sexual".
I'm saying that the Bible doesn't define the word "sexual."  What you are looking for isn't there.

Offline El JoNNo

• EMOTRUCCI
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2012, 03:25:56 PM »
El Jonno, how is that helpful at all?

It's an atheist going to heaven and god is going to round up some sluts. The thread is about keeping control of your sexual urges. It doesn't help I thought it would just be a lighthearted thing to post.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2012, 06:03:54 PM »
I'm saying that the Bible doesn't define the word "sexual."  What you are looking for isn't there.
Yeshua4 and bosk1 have implied that there is...I'd be interested in hearing what they'd have to say on this.

Offline yeshaberto

• Somebody Get Me A Doctor! - VH
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2012, 08:51:54 PM »
I am with hef, I can't think of any place that makes a distinction of sexual acts.
the most obvious allusion is in I Cor 6 with "becoming one flesh with her" which seems to speak specifically of intercourse.
obviously I would draw lines of other things that fall under "sexual immorality" (ie. oral sex, fondling of intimate areas, etc) but I can't say I can point to a specific text that delineates it that carefully

Offline eric42434224

• Wilson
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2012, 09:09:41 PM »

This post is now the holy text of my religion.  I will print it out, and study it deeply.  It will be the foundation and direction for my existence.  Thank you.
Oh shit, you're right!

rumborak

Rumborak to me 10/29

Offline AndyDT

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2012, 12:20:20 AM »
Yeshua4 and bosk1 have implied that there is...I'd be interested in hearing what they'd have to say on this.
I thought christian guidelines were supposed to make forming relationships leading to marriage easier. But if as Bosk says that no sexual contact is allowed then how do you even go about explaining this to the woman without making her feel you're not interested or even gay?

It means no activity which could be felt as sexual or could make sexual contact more likely.
- no kissing
- no hugging
- no spending any length of time alone in private away from others
- potentially being chaperoned
- no inviting the girl around to your house
- potentially not staying out late so that your girlfriend doesnt have to walk home at night e..g in a big city where you live a long distance apart.

How for God's sake are you supposed to form a romantic sexual relationship without even being able to show physical warmth? I imagine even women at your own church would struggle to believe you're not uninterested in women if you tried to agree on all the above.

Offline Ħ

« Reply #67 on: January 23, 2012, 12:50:20 AM »
The women at my church are 100% in agreement when it comes to no premarital sex of any kind, but the majority of them are probably okay with kissing and hugging, probably not fondling...I bet some would be down with not kissing until marriage but some might not be.  I don't know man.

Offline kári

• Meow
  • DTF.com Member
  • það besta sem guð hefur skapað er nýr dagur
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2012, 01:02:54 AM »
Reading this thread is so surreal. It feels like it's made in the 16th century or so...

You and me go parallel, together and apart

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2012, 05:14:58 AM »
The women at my church are 100% in agreement when it comes to no premarital sex of any kind, but the majority of them are probably okay with kissing and hugging, probably not fondling...I bet some would be down with not kissing until marriage but some might not be.  I don't know man.

Eh, you've never been around a horny woman, then.

"But, Mister! I dare say I shan't be fondled!"
"Madam, I would love to place thy hands upon thine beautiful breasts! If only but for a moment"
"OH, MISTER! TOUCH EVERYTHING"

Bitches like 16th century talk.