Author Topic: Six Degrees for "best guitar album of 2002"  (Read 1738 times)

Offline TheLordOfTheStrings

• I make music. I also do other stuff sometimes.
  • EB
Six Degrees for "best guitar album of 2002"
« on: January 15, 2012, 12:17:08 PM »
Can we please help SDOIT win. I'd actually like the winner of one of guitar world's polls to be accurate for a change.  ;)

https://www.guitarworld.com/poll-what-was-best-guitar-album-2002
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

https://linktr.ee/STARCOMMANDStudios

• EB
Re: Six Degrees for "best guitar album of 2002"
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 12:20:21 PM »
And Train of Thought for 2003.  :tup
Check out the latest concept album “III: The Sparrow & The Architect”, released under my project The Circle of Wonders:

Offline lithium112

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 12:26:42 PM »
Wow didn't realize how many awesome albums came out in 2002. What a year!

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 12:37:10 PM »

And Octavarium for two thou-never mind. I ain't sure if I can do it for 6doit considering it's up against Opeth whom unseated DT for my fave band in '04 and they've remained my fave ever since. Also having my favorite Mastodon album ever and Symphony X in the mix could make this a toughie no doubt. I will make you a deal however. If you'd rather me not vote, I'll gladly abstain so as to not risk helping any of the non-DT bands. I'm not usually this submissive but I honestly never would've even considered voting in this thing in the first place had you not made this thread and since the obvious purpose of this thread is to help DT win, I'd rather not be a hindrance in your endeavor.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 12:42:17 PM by black_floyd »
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Jaffa

• Just Jaffa
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 12:44:47 PM »
Wow didn't realize how many awesome albums came out in 2002. What a year!

Seriously.  2002 kicks ass.

Voted for SDOIT. 

So far it looks like Coheed and Cambria's got this in the bag, though.  Which is a shame, in my opinion, since there are at least ten albums on that list I like better than C&C's. 
Sincerely,
Jaffa

• EB
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 01:23:58 PM »
Yeah, the Coheed album is great, but when I listen to Second Stage, I definitely have never listened to it for the guitar. Great album though. Tons of great bands. Almost had to vote Buckethead's Electric Tears, but decided on Six Degrees.

• EB
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 01:26:31 PM »

And Octavarium for two thou-never mind. I ain't sure if I can do it for 6doit considering it's up against Opeth whom unseated DT for my fave band in '04 and they've remained my fave ever since. Also having my favorite Mastodon album ever and Symphony X in the mix could make this a toughie no doubt. I will make you a deal however. If you'd rather me not vote, I'll gladly abstain so as to not risk helping any of the non-DT bands. I'm not usually this submissive but I honestly never would've even considered voting in this thing in the first place had you not made this thread and since the obvious purpose of this thread is to help DT win, I'd rather not be a hindrance in your endeavor.
I just don't think guitar world magazine has given DT their due. I mean the fact that the guitar player from Green Day has had a cover story and John Petrucci hasn't is just horrendous.

Offline kiwiclapton

• It all began with Beatlemania,
  • In the name of God, Eric Clapton and the Slowhand
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 01:27:13 PM »
Done.

• DT.net Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 01:59:32 PM »

I just don't think guitar world magazine has given DT their due. I mean the fact that the guitar player from Green Day has had a cover story and John Petrucci hasn't is just horrendous.

Eh, there are numerous deserving bands that get passed over by media outlets all the time. Guitar World isn't nearly worth being considered important. The fact that from 2002-03 they constantly featured Shadows Fall made me realize how crappy of a mag they are that's probably getting kickbacks from record labels for speaking well of their signees.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 02:06:36 PM »

Eh, there are numerous deserving bands that get passed over by media outlets all the time. Guitar World isn't nearly worth being considered important. The fact that from 2002-03 they constantly featured Shadows Fall made me realize how crappy of a mag they are that's probably getting kickbacks from record labels for speaking well of their signees.
I like Shadows Fall :C

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 06:05:56 PM »
Done.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Dillster22

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 08:14:41 PM »

• DT.net Member
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 08:24:47 PM »

I like Shadows Fall :C

I'll still letcha wear my varsity jacket, cupcake :-* I have nothing against Shadows Fall as their guitarists can play pretty quickly and they do carry the flag nicely for genuine 80s thrash. My two main things that drive me from nearly liking them to having next to no interest are the singer's unappealing clean vocals and a crippling sameyness in overall sound for the songs.

Offline Tomislav95

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2012, 08:47:56 AM »
St. Anger is 2nd in 2003 :o :rollin
...the years just pass like trains
I wave but they don't slow down...

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 10:17:17 AM »
Excellent!   :tup
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »
The Second Stage Turbine Blade is massing a HUGE number of votes on the 2002 poll.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 01:42:24 PM »
Can we please help SDOIT win. I'd actually like the winner of one of guitar world's polls to be accurate for a change.  ;)

https://www.guitarworld.com/poll-what-was-best-guitar-album-2002

Well, it is hard to vote for Unfold the Future when it isn't an option. :)

Offline Nekov

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 01:43:04 PM »
It pained me to vote DT and not Rush, but guitar wise 6DOIT is much better than Vapor Trails
When Ginobili gets hot, I get hot in my pants. 

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 01:46:10 PM »
It pained me to vote DT and not Rush, but guitar wise 6DOIT is much better than Vapor Trails

Agreed.  Some of the riffs on VT are pretty sick, but without hardly any solos, which Alex Lifeson excels at almost as much as any rock guitarist out there, it is impossible to put it at the top for that year.