Author Topic: JRundquist's Top 50 Albums - v. Good, Bad, Ugly, & Sexy  (Read 27112 times)

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
Re: JRundquist's Top 50 Albums - v. Good, Bad, Ugly, & Sexy
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2012, 11:05:24 PM »
Listening to Terria right now, and afterwards Accelerated Evolution,  Devy never disappoints!  :metal

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2012, 12:48:31 AM »
Yeah, this list has some great picks, and it was great for you to actually finish it in a good amount of time.

Thanks. if I didn't get sick Tuesday Night I probably would have gotten it done Thursday Night instead of tonight.

Listening to Terria right now, and afterwards Accelerated Evolution,  Devy never disappoints!  :metal

Sweet! I'm glad to hear it.
That Drummer Guy's Reviews, Interviews, Playlists, Radio Shows, & Social Media:
https://www.thatdrummerguy.com

Offline wolfking

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2012, 04:31:44 AM »
Great list, enjoyed it.  I want to add a second mention to Ogre Tones.  I'm not a huge Kings X freak but I love this album, great songs all the way through, reccomended.
Everyone else, except Wolfking is wrong.

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2012, 10:36:36 AM »
Fastest Top 50 ever. 6 days. And now Nick. If it's anything like his roulette, it'll rival SDN for the slowest top 50.

Interesting list, and nice write ups.
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF's resident Mad Scientist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What's your favorite planet? Mine's the Sun!
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2012, 02:04:57 PM »
I&W highest rated DT album?  check
Terria highest rated Devin album?  check
Blackwater Park - I go back and forth between that and Still Life as favorite Opeth - check I guess

Good job, although I honestly think it's too soon to be putting something that was released this month.  Longevity is always an important factor, and you can't measure that in one month.  I gave UMH shit for doing the same thing with Deconstruct and Ghost, so I'm giving it to you as well.

There's your shit.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2012, 03:49:29 PM »
Blackwater Park - I go back and forth between that and Still Life as favorite Opeth - check I guess

Good job, although I honestly think it's too soon to be putting something that was released this month.  Longevity is always an important factor, and you can't measure that in one month.  I gave UMH shit for doing the same thing with Deconstruct and Ghost, so I'm giving it to you as well.

There's your shit.
:lol

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »
Great list, enjoyed it.  I want to add a second mention to Ogre Tones.  I'm not a huge Kings X freak but I love this album, great songs all the way through, reccomended.

It is so rare to find a person who really truly enjoys Ogre Tones. I thank you so much!

Fastest Top 50 ever. 6 days. And now Nick. If it's anything like his roulette, it'll rival SDN for the slowest top 50.

Interesting list, and nice write ups.

Thank you!

I wanted to get it done as fast as I could or else I would sit on it too long, and second guess almost every album I have listed. So I thought to do it ASAP or else it would take months.

There's your shit.

:lol :rollin :lol

I'm going to let this slide only because Devin's never made an album called Deconstruct

/being a smartass

No I totally get why people have been berating me about that so far, not just on here, but everywhere else I posted this list. I totally understand but I'll say the same thing I said to them. I've been waiting since 2008 for Alcest to make this kind of album, and they finally did.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2012, 08:14:49 PM »
My turn to be a smartass now  :biggrin:

As for Alcest, this is the album I've been waiting them to make since 2012

You haven't been waiting very long.  I only added the bold for emphasis.

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2012, 10:12:46 PM »
My turn to be a smartass now  :biggrin:

As for Alcest, this is the album I've been waiting them to make since 2012

You haven't been waiting very long.  I only added the bold for emphasis.

....what?  ??? ??? ???

I didn't discover Alcest this year. I've been a fan since 2008 and I bought their first album and their first EP, Le Secret. I love both albums released but they both have their flaws that make them drag on. The new album does not have that in my opinion.

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #149 on: January 21, 2012, 10:17:45 PM »
I just quoted you  :biggrin:

Click the link if you don't believe me.  And if you edit it I'll know because it will say you did.

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2012, 11:07:22 PM »
I just quoted you  :biggrin:

Click the link if you don't believe me.  And if you edit it I'll know because it will say you did.

Oooooooooooooooh, I didn't look at the date. I thought you took what I said and changed it.

/conspiracy

much funnier now. :lol

Offline 73109

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2012, 12:30:57 AM »
Dude, I'll be honest, I have no idea who you are, but you just gained my ultimate respect. You have so many great albums on here, and I agree that Terria is the best them of all the best thems.

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2012, 12:52:52 AM »
Dude, I'll be honest, I have no idea who you are, but you just gained my ultimate respect. You have so many great albums on here, and I agree that Terria is the best them of all the best thems.

Thank you so much man.

I'm just some guy from Wisconsin who has a band, does a local internet radio show Tuesday nights and spent his years involved with music and drums. Its all about finding the best music out there for me. Not just what's popular and mainstream, but the best music in Rock and Metal. In my eyes it doesn't get any better.

I'm glad to see so many Terria fans on here. On My facebook page and my DJ page on facebook, people just gave me a few of these...

??? ??? ???

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #153 on: January 22, 2012, 01:09:15 AM »
They have (or had I have no clue if they still do or not) a FYE there
There was/is an FYE in Eau Claire?.... hmmm. I never knew
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #154 on: January 22, 2012, 03:46:20 AM »
They have (or had I have no clue if they still do or not) a FYE there
There was/is an FYE in Eau Claire?.... hmmm. I never knew

At the Oakwood mall. I haven't been in the Oakwood Mall in 5 years so again  I have no clue, lol

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2012, 04:53:39 AM »
Your top 10.. So much win.. :O So many similarities with my own top 10. Awesome. I really need to check out that Long Distance Calling album now, after having seen them live and been blown away. Don't know that Alcest album, but Écailles was good, so I'll try it. 
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline Dr. DTVT

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2012, 09:20:07 AM »
I'm glad to see so many Terria fans on here. On My facebook page and my DJ page on facebook, people just gave me a few of these...

??? ??? ???

Did you ever consider the fact that most people suck?  It really helps explain a lot things.

Offline JRundquist

• That Drummer Guy
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2012, 06:57:03 PM »
Your top 10.. So much win.. :O So many similarities with my own top 10. Awesome. I really need to check out that Long Distance Calling album now, after having seen them live and been blown away. Don't know that Alcest album, but Écailles was good, so I'll try it.

Wow, thanks man!

Yes by all means check out Long Distance Calling asap (very jealous you saw them live, I don't think they'll be coming to America anytime soon.)

There is no bad Alcest album. It's impossible, but the new album is pure, unadulterated perfection.

??? ??? ???

Did you ever consider the fact that most people suck?  It really helps explain a lot things.

Oh yes, I've considered it, but I've also thought people just are ignorant as well and don't know about him, so I try to let people find him and if they lose, they suck!

Offline pain of occupation

• DT.net Veteran
  • DTF Official Thread Killer
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2012, 11:12:33 PM »
just read through this whole thread. cool picks; some stuff i already love and some stuff to check out (i've never even heard of woods of ypres).

i was a 'huge' fates warning fan between 03-07 (and have been back in the mood recently with arch/matheos drawing me in)...the stuff i know, i've spun hundreds of times, but for some reason i never explored the entire catalogue. parallels is one of those unexplored albums...i did acquire it recently (along with no exit and inside out, both of which also havent been explored), but i've been checking out so much stuff, i haven't gotten around to spinning it. perhaps its time.

oh, and at times i can be a bit of a prog snob, but i actually love the hunter (dat fun!) and can, at times, as much as despise crack the skye.
though i'm never not in the mood for the last baron.