Author Topic: Why celebrities should stay out of politics  (Read 1715 times)

Offline William Wallace

Why celebrities should stay out of politics
« on: January 11, 2012, 12:00:55 PM »
This is mostly satirical, so don't take it too seriously. 4 reasons celebrities should stay out of politics.

Offline GuineaPig

Re: Why celebrities should stay out of politics
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 01:56:53 PM »
#4 is 1000x stronger than the other 3 points combined.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

Online El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 02:49:23 PM »
So that's what happened to Victoria Jackson.  Looks like all that Dennis Miller idiocy rubbed off on her. 
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline William Wallace

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 03:50:29 PM »
#4 is 1000x stronger than the other 3 points combined.
:lol Of course Freddy D. was my closer.

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 08:44:15 PM »
#1: a millionaire musician or celebrity getting behind the OWS movement does not show misunderstanding by celebrities. It may show some hypocrisy, but to say that the OWS movement is against being wealthy, or having money seems to me to be a bigger misunderstanding of the movement.

#2: The bias is just dripping out of the reason.tv article. See, the problem is, tenure can be an issue, and Matt Damon is right. Having the threat of being fired does not make you a better teacher, it can just weed out the bad ones, who are bad because they're bad. Pay a large salary, and you'll attract more people; but again, teacher's are not paid high salaries. It's the superintendents, administrators, and other bogus crap we both think should go away.

Offline Fiery Winds

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 02:13:09 AM »
#1: a millionaire musician or celebrity getting behind the OWS movement does not show misunderstanding by celebrities. It may show some hypocrisy, but to say that the OWS movement is against being wealthy, or having money seems to me to be a bigger misunderstanding of the movement.

#2: The bias is just dripping out of the reason.tv article. See, the problem is, tenure can be an issue, and Matt Damon is right. Having the threat of being fired does not make you a better teacher, it can just weed out the bad ones, who are bad because they're bad. Pay a large salary, and you'll attract more people; but again, teacher's are not paid high salaries. It's the superintendents, administrators, and other bogus crap we both think should go away.

This.

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 10:37:29 AM »

This.

This. Hey, my family is considered part of what OWS people have been calling the 1%, and I support economic equality and political fairness as much as anyone in the Occupy movement.

Also #4. Seriously man, wtf. :lol
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude: