Author Topic: MLB 2012 Season v. >Marlels  (Read 74422 times)

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Re: MLB 2012 Season v. DTVT COME BACCCK
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2012, 04:54:06 PM »
Who?

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #176 on: February 15, 2012, 08:46:29 AM »
David Robertson

Online antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #177 on: February 15, 2012, 10:44:56 AM »
I was thinking the same thing.

So anyway Mets fans have been getting all bent out of shape at the GM Sandy Alderson's tweets as of late but honestly I think they're hilarious. He got dealt a shit hand by the Wilpons just like the rest of us.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2012, 11:12:32 AM »
The guy is fucking hilarious.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #179 on: February 15, 2012, 11:25:23 AM »
:clap: :clap:
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #180 on: February 15, 2012, 11:01:19 PM »
I can't wait for the season to start; I'm dying for some more baseball right now.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2012, 07:32:16 AM »
I was thinking the same thing.

So anyway Mets fans have been getting all bent out of shape at the GM Sandy Alderson's tweets as of late but honestly I think they're hilarious. He got dealt a shit hand by the Wilpons just like the rest of us.

Completely agree. Why not have fun with this?

David Robertson

Should've known. As a non-Yankee fan he's one of my favorites on the team.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2012, 02:37:20 PM »
He's like 5'9 and has one of the longest pitching strides in the game. Dude used to be a gymnast. Crazy as hell.

Offline YtseBitsySpider

• **retired from DTF**
  • EZBoard Elder
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2012, 03:32:02 PM »
Sigh.....rip the Kid.  A great expo a great met. Gary carter what a shame.
Take care everyone - Bet you all didn't even notice I was gone.

Happy Lives to you all.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #184 on: February 18, 2012, 10:21:01 AM »
Bumping to ask, who's up for another year of DTF Fantasy Baseball???
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2012, 10:29:00 AM »

I've never done it, so sure!

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2012, 10:42:07 AM »
We played a full 10-team league last year, but if any of the owners drop out (which may happen) I'll be sure to let you in.

Can you change the thread title to attract attention to the people that played last year?

Offline juice

• om nom nom
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2012, 10:55:29 AM »
I'm in again.  Hoping to do better than 2nd place 2 years in a row.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
Hookerbots, get your hookerbots!

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
I'd be up for it if you guys don't have enough people.
prog sucks
Even if you're not serious, I'm going to pretend you are and use this as proof that not all heroes wear capes.

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2012, 04:03:38 PM »

I would if there were 2-3 DL slots.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member

I would if there were 2-3 DL slots.
That can be arrange.

Offline juice

• om nom nom
Yeah, 2-3 DL slots would be great.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
YANKEES REPORT FOR PITCHERS AND CATCHERS TODAY!  :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :corn :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
As do the Red Sox; the season is so close I can almost taste it!
prog sucks

Offline wolfandwolfandwolf

• Gym Rat
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Really Scrappy Player
Really interested in fantasy baseball.  Would love to join if you have a spot.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
Very interesting. 
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
If it was because of the herps, he should have been suspended. To not let the commissioners office know ahead of time is colossally stupid.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
If it was because of the herps, he should have been suspended. To not let the commissioners office know ahead of time is colossally stupid.
Would you have?

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
If I knew the substance/med was on the banned list, fuck yeah I would have. These guys ALL know what is and isn't allowed. At ST every year they are given a list of what is and isn't allowed along with a telephone number they can call anonymously where all they have to do is ask "is x okay?" and the answer is either "yes/no" and that is it.

So, fucking suspend him. MLB doesn't support the decision.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
Steve Berthiuame is saying over Tweeter that Braun got off because of a technicality, the guy who collected his sample didn't follow the protocol dictated by MLB.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
Question:

Do you Yankee haters/non-fans hate Andy Pettite? if so, why?

Online antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
No. I think he's an alright guy. Roger Clemens can go fuck himself, though.

Offline yorost

• Inactive
If I knew the substance/med was on the banned list, fuck yeah I would have. These guys ALL know what is and isn't allowed. At ST every year they are given a list of what is and isn't allowed along with a telephone number they can call anonymously where all they have to do is ask "is x okay?" and the answer is either "yes/no" and that is it.

So, fucking suspend him. MLB doesn't support the decision.
...but you don't even acknowledge the problem.  This ruling means we still don't know what happened.  Meds and/or Herpes are still just rumors that seem to fit.  It may be way off.

MLB can be livid all they want.  To enforce a rule with no leeway and not have your side follow your own guidelines?  Is it any surprise your side is held to a strict standard, too?

Anyways, he's screwed no matter.  A technicality won't win him many friends and he's going to be hated across the league.  A lot of Brewers fans will accept this, but I doubt many others will.

Online antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
I think people will forget about it.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
Look, I think the jury is still out for most people. He did little to ensure people he was actually clean today.

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
If the rumors about he winning because of the MLB guy didn't follow protocol are true, then he wasn't clean!

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
If the rumors about he winning because of the MLB guy didn't follow protocol, then he wasn't clean!

Duh!

Offline PuffyPat

• DTF.org Member
I'm still undecided on this whole situation, but I think I'm leaning towards the MLB on this one. There's no way that synthetic testosterone just appears in a sample because it sat a couple days longer than it should have. 
prog sucks