Author Topic: Revocation (Death/Thrash)  (Read 1078 times)

Offline aparadoxindeed

• Guitarist, Songwriter, All-Around Music Nerd
Revocation (Death/Thrash)
« on: December 30, 2011, 05:43:46 PM »
Another band that I think needs to be shared here on DTF: Revocation!

Not only are they originally from my area  ;), but they are IMO, one of the best new extreme metal bands going today.  They have three albums so far, two of them released on Relapse Records.  Their newest one, Chaos of Forms, has been on many "best of 2011" lists, and rightly so. 

They incorporate a lot of old-school influence, such as Megadeth and Pantera, with a modern edge and production!  I'm not the biggest fan of modern metal, but these guys give me hope!

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
Re: Revocation (Death/Thrash)
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 04:13:04 PM »
I've given these guys a lot of time to sink in, but both albums bored me to death.  Not sure what the issue is.

Offline aparadoxindeed

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 05:07:52 PM »
I've given these guys a lot of time to sink in, but both albums bored me to death.  Not sure what the issue is.

Haha, really?  I really like the guitar playing and drumming on their newest one... if you're not into death/thrash instrumentation, then I definitely can see why it wouldn't do anything for you.  I love old-school Megadeth and 90's Pantera, so the guitar riffs really do it for me.  Different strokes for different folks I guess!  :)

Offline MetalManiac666

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 10:44:11 PM »
Oh, I'm fine with death/thrash intrumentation.  The vocals though...there's no variety.

Offline aparadoxindeed

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 08:33:39 PM »
Oh, I'm fine with death/thrash intrumentation.  The vocals though...there's no variety.

That I will agree to!  I wasn't the biggest fan of the vocals either.  I mostly focus on the other instruments.  I wonder what they would sound like with a old-school badass clean vocalist?  Could be interesting.

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 08:39:11 PM »
I'd prefer the vocals the way they are, they add intensity to the mix.

Offline obscure

• Properly Silly
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 02:52:21 PM »
I watched them last week at Hellfest and they were easily one of the best performers there.. I aslo had the chance to interview Dave .. Here is the link to my interview if you guys care to check out..