Author Topic: Bands you used to love and now actively dislike  (Read 5040 times)

Offline Sigz

• BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
  • DTF.org Member
  • THRONES FOR THE THRONE SKULL
Re: Bands you used to love and now actively dislike
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2012, 07:26:59 PM »
That's Drew's O face.
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Offline MasterLomaxus

• Onion Flakes
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2012, 08:51:27 PM »
KoRn, Rage Against the Machine, Deftones, and any similar stuff I listened to in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Offline skydivingninja

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2012, 09:34:01 PM »
ELP first came to mind.  I still enjoy Genesis, Yes, Jethro Tull, and a bit of Crimson (all classic prog bands I got into after discovering DT and prog music in general that wasn't Floyd), but I can't stand ELP.  "Lucky Man" is still mostly okay, but I just don't care for it anymore. 

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2012, 09:40:12 PM »
I can't really listen to Adema anymore. They just don't sound good to me, but I wouldn't say I "actively" dislike them. Same with bands like Korn, Puddle Of Mudd and Drowning Pool. Maybe prog metal has just ruined other stuff for me. The Offspring are shit now, but I still love their earlier material.

There are plenty of bands I actively dislike without ever liking them first though. :biggrin:

l. o. l.

Offline Pols Voice

• Did ya see the latest Nintendo newsletter?
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2012, 09:43:04 PM »
I'm related to one of the guys in Adema.
WHOA, NICE GRAPHICS!

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2012, 11:11:37 PM »
I'm related to one of the guys in Adema.

I still like you any way.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline ThroughHerEyesDude6

• Studio Artist
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Art keeps me alive
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2012, 11:13:34 PM »
Limp Bizkit - There, I said it.

Offline black_biff_stadler

• 6th place finalist at New Orleans Skullet Fest 2010
  • DT.net Member
  • blackwater_floyd, get it?
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2012, 11:30:49 PM »

Not that big of a deal. If you could replace Fred Durst with anyone else in the history of mankind and remove some of the gayer "DJ" stuff DJ Lethal was doing while retaining the decent stuff like the sampled brass instruments in Stuck, the debut album was actually pretty decent meathead rock since Wes Borland was very interesting and Sam Rivers surely had his moments as well.
Users who've sigged me (Join today!): LCArenas, Jakartabassplayer, LeeHarveyKennedy, Global Laziness, Portrucci, obscure, FlyingBIZKIT, alirocker08, senecadawg2, DebraKadabra, JayOctavarium, Cedar redaC, (almost) bout to crash, ? (the forum member, not the fucking punctuation mark), Zeltar, lonestar, ASacrificedSon

Offline LieLowTheWantedMan

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2012, 11:35:16 PM »
Same here man.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2012, 11:54:58 PM »
If we are talking about bands where we still love some of their material, but have went down the shitter to the point where I don't pay attention to any new music of theirs or don't even consider going to see them live, then Queensryche is the band that comes to mind for me.  Promised Land is still one of my favorite albums ever, and I still dig all of the albums that came before that, but I couldn't care less about them anymore.

Offline aparadoxindeed

• Guitarist, Songwriter, All-Around Music Nerd
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2012, 02:14:44 PM »
If we are talking about bands where we still love some of their material, but have went down the shitter to the point where I don't pay attention to any new music of theirs or don't even consider going to see them live, then Queensryche is the band that comes to mind for me.  Promised Land is still one of my favorite albums ever, and I still dig all of the albums that came before that, but I couldn't care less about them anymore.

Feel the same way!  And, yes, Promised Land is awesome.  The production alone is enough for me to love that album!

Offline Mosh

• For I have dined on honeydew!
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2012, 09:17:04 PM »
Queensryche is the first one to come to mind. I lost all respect for them with the combination of Dedicated to Chaos, and that Cabaret tour.  :tdwn
New Animal Soup scifi space opera for fans of Porcupine Tree, Mastodon, Iron Maiden: Chariots of the Gods

https://animalsoup.bandcamp.com/album/chariots-of-the-gods

Offline aparadoxindeed

• Guitarist, Songwriter, All-Around Music Nerd
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2012, 08:13:35 PM »
Queensryche is the first one to come to mind. I lost all respect for them with the combination of Dedicated to Chaos, and that Cabaret tour.  :tdwn

Absolutely agreed!  I can understand the need to be creative with generating income, but the overall idea of it comes off as a bit goofy to me.

Offline Phantasmatron

• Peanut Butter Advocate and Jelly Enthusiast
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • What the Jenkins?!
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2012, 02:13:28 AM »
Nickelback for me.  The early stuff was decent and it had some heart, but it seems like lately all they churn out are either boring rockers about gettin' drunk and gettin' laid or mindless pseudo-emotional pop ballads. 

So I guess I didn't "love" them before, but I did like them a lot.  There was a time when I would've gotten each new release of theirs.  I think they had a new one last year but I didn't bother to pick it up.  Because they suck now.