Author Topic: The 'Wonders' Series presented by Brian Cox  (Read 855 times)

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
The 'Wonders' Series presented by Brian Cox
« on: December 23, 2011, 11:29:34 PM »
Over the past year and a half, I've discovered these two series ('Wonders of the Solar System' and 'Wonders of the Universe') by which Professor Brian Cox discusses various wonders throughout our Solar System and the Universe. I've always thought these two series have been very informative and very good at attracting my attention and then keeping it throughout the entire program. I've always been fascinated with this kind of stuff, so this show really nailed down all my particular interests into one show. Professor Cox also was able to describe some difficult to describe theories without any problem. I definitely recommend it to everyone.

The show ran (and still does) on BBC in England and sometimes on the Science Channel in the US. I discovered it by flipping through the channels on my TV and landing on the science channel at one point while he was discussing the scale of the solar system.

That example can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKSDp8xdgoQ&feature=related

Wonders of the Solar System

Wonders of the Universe

Professor Brian Cox

Does anyone have any thoughts? Has anyone seen this series before and what are you particular opinions on them?
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
Re: The 'Wonders' Series presented by Brian Cox
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 05:40:48 AM »
I love Brian Cox. I follow him on twitter. His Wonder series are my favorite series involving space since Carl Sagan's Cosmos. His voice is hypnotizing and he makes me wish that I was as smart as him.

Offline Edan the Man

• DTF.org Alumni
  • I got my special savin' the world boots on
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 11:38:06 AM »
I love Brian Cox. I follow him on twitter. His Wonder series are my favorite series involving space since Carl Sagan's Cosmos. His voice is hypnotizing and he makes me wish that I was as smart as him.
Pretty much all of this (though I don't really keep up with Twitter), I love the sense of amazement and wonder he conveys with his voice. You can really tell it's something he's passionate about. Also, he still manages to bring up new things I hadn't known, which is getting rarer for these kinds of shows as I educate myself further on the subjects.

Side note: Much anticipating the new Cosmos with Neil Tyson

Online Chino

• Be excellent to each other.
  • DT.net Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 11:45:27 AM »

Pretty much all of this (though I don't really keep up with Twitter), I love the sense of amazement and wonder he conveys with his voice. You can really tell it's something he's passionate about. Also, he still manages to bring up new things I hadn't known, which is getting rarer for these kinds of shows as I educate myself further on the subjects.

Side note: Much anticipating the new Cosmos with Neil Tyson

I cant wait for NDT's cosmos, especially as seeing as how Carl Sagan played a huge role in his life. I dont think anyone out there is more fitting for the gig than Tyson.