Author Topic: New DT Live Album/DVD?  (Read 135943 times)

Offline darkshade

Re: New DT Live Album/DVD?
« Reply #70 on: December 26, 2011, 10:06:07 PM »
I'd bet money that JP would like to play the 12 Step Suite; he has the best parts of the whole piece.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2011, 10:01:42 AM »
Id like to see TGP and TSF live, but I could live without the entire suite being played at once.

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2011, 02:05:15 AM »
Puuuurty sure 12-suite not happening any time soon.
I really hope this DVD is of a North American AMERICAN show.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline wasteland

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Jay Beckenstein was in Spyro Gyra, right?
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2011, 02:08:34 AM »

Damn, I was rooting for a North American EUROPEAN show!  :biggrin:
:slayer: Somewhere, over the wasteland..... bootlegs fly :slayer:
MoraWintersoul is the BEST person.
- Marco

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2011, 03:39:54 AM »
:lol I meant not Canada or Mexico. Just cause a lot of bands are doing that recently and I miss a DVD with a loud American rock & roll crowd singing and head banging :lol
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline N4Player

« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2011, 03:59:29 AM »
As long as we have a Budokan/Score quality vid of TCOT, I'll be very happy  :D

Completely agree. I love this live and hope it is added as well as others from BC&SL. They have a great stage setup and intro on this tour and I am sure that we will see a DVD release in 2012. I just hope they add LNF and TITL to their setlist on the next leg of their tour so those songs make it on as well. Looking forward to it.

Offline Blackfield

« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2011, 04:33:36 AM »
They should also release it with in the studio-material that they were filming while making ADTOE. Plus a documentary that covers DT preparing for tour and while on tour.  :corn

Offline czapor1967

• gimme some skins
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2011, 03:01:54 PM »
They should also release it with in the studio-material that they were filming while making ADTOE. Plus a documentary that covers DT preparing for tour and while on tour.  :corn

How kick ass would that be!!! :tup
drummer extraordinaire, NO
decent pounder, MAYBE
hack, DEFINITELY

Offline XB0BX

« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2011, 03:29:32 PM »
:lol I meant not Canada or Mexico. Just cause a lot of bands are doing that recently and I miss a DVD with a loud American rock & roll crowd singing and head banging :lol

Canadians aren't as loud or energetic as Americans?

Offline AtmosphericV

• wilderness
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2011, 04:11:43 PM »

Canadians aren't as loud or energetic as Americans?

No, because its impossible to find an energetic crowd in the US for DT. They have to go to other places for that kind of attention.
Everyone knows its Butters!

Offline toro

• wazzup
  • Metal, Drums and beers they finally got it right
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2011, 05:10:11 PM »
>DT
>America
>Singing and headbanging

Yep. Not happening.
I imagined the story to go more like this.

I was sitting a traffic light blaring Space Dye Vest and next to me in another car was Kevin Moore. And I'll never be open again.

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #81 on: December 30, 2011, 08:23:37 AM »
I want a whole separate Pirate-section!  :yarr
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2011, 02:02:57 PM »
>DT
>America
>Singing and headbanging

Yep. Not happening.

This. Sad truth, the Americans are very quiet and tame for DT. I seem to be the only one who rocks out when I see them.

Offline Freko

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2012, 09:27:11 AM »
So all of you who have been at the concerts, have there been any serious camera-action? 5-6 camera guys running around with some über HD cams??

Offline JimmyJava

• Swear my skin is inside out
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2012, 09:36:53 AM »
The last time they released a full-blown DVD was Score and that was shot in...New York.

I for one would like to see a full on concert recording in either Europe or South America. These crowds are definitely the loudest and best (with South America being number 1)

Offline MuumiPeikko

• The New Migrator
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2012, 11:15:51 PM »
I really hope there will be DVD for this tour. Guys are on the top form, especially James. It must be filmed!
I know the truth is out there.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2012, 11:19:24 PM »
I'd bet money that JP would like to play the 12 Step Suite; he has the best parts of the whole piece.
Someone should ask JP this next time they have a meet and greet or a post-show meeting with the fans by the tour buses.

I'd be curious to whether or not they'd like to play the suite in its entirety, and if not, then will they play the individual songs ever again?

ALSO, stoked for the European tour set. Since they've already played the majority of the main staples of the past tours on the first European leg, I think we'll see a whole new set of pre-MM songs in addition to the songs from ADTOE.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Squa7ch2112

« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2012, 05:23:36 PM »
I've noticed in more than a few videos posted on YouTube that they're recording their shows and with what appears to be some very expensive camera equipment so I would image there is definitely going to be a new DVD on it's way...Blu-ray please!!!

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2012, 06:55:03 PM »
I'd be surprised if the whole band would have been excited about playing the whole AA suite when Portnoy was in the band, and with him out of the band, I'd say the chances of them ever playing it straight through are slim to none, barring a Portnoy return years from now.  It'd be a shame if The Glass Prison was tucked away forever, but I could see them avoiding all five AA tunes out of respect for their former member and the subject matter.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2012, 07:23:57 PM »
I'd be surprised if the whole band would have been excited about playing the whole AA suite when Portnoy was in the band, and with him out of the band, I'd say the chances of them ever playing it straight through are slim to none, barring a Portnoy return years from now.  It'd be a shame if The Glass Prison was tucked away forever, but I could see them avoiding all five AA tunes out of respect for their former member and the subject matter.
I'm pretty sure JP loves TGP, but idk about the rest of the suite. They busted out The Great Debate this tour, which they haven't done for a LONG time, so who knows, we might get The Glass Prison next.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Jarlaxle

« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2012, 08:40:54 PM »
I'm pretty sure JP loves TGP, but idk about the rest of the suite. They busted out The Great Debate this tour, which they haven't done for a LONG time, so who knows, we might get The Glass Prison next.
But I'm not going to complain about that, because The Great Debate is actually a good song.  ;)

Offline robwebster

« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2012, 03:02:50 AM »
Eh - Mike's always referred to it very specifically as the Twelve-Step Suite, quite deliberately shunning the "AA Suite" title because he didn't want anyone thinking it was specifically about alcohol. He drew on his own experiences, which were alcohol-related, but the aim was to write a suite about recovery rather than a suite about Mike Portnoy recovering.

I still agree that there's a very slim chance of the whole thing being played through, but I don't think there'd be any taboo broken in playing a song or two.

Offline John94

« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2012, 02:36:29 PM »
I would be very surprised if there isn't at least an announcement of a Live DVD/CD before the end of this year. I don't know who it is up to, whether it is the band or the label, but there is a huge demand for a release for sure, especially with no official releases from BC&SL. Maybe releasing LAB on blu-ray was "testing the water."

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2012, 04:42:42 PM »
I'm just watching Chaos in Motion and during those shows they had two opening acts. This year we have one so its likely if they release a DVD it will be from a few different shows. I'm not really fussed with that, they can pick the best performances and get everything onto the disc (different songs from different setlists, etc). Just as long as they use better cameras then on CIM!  ;D

Offline Squa7ch2112

« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2012, 05:30:26 PM »
Well the only thing from CiM that was shot professionally was Schmedley Wilcox or whatever it's called, not sure about what was used for the rest of it.

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2012, 10:58:02 PM »
I would be very surprised if there isn't at least an announcement of a Live DVD/CD before the end of this year. I don't know who it is up to, whether it is the band or the label, but there is a huge demand for a release for sure, especially with no official releases from BC&SL. Maybe releasing LAB on blu-ray was "testing the water."

I don't think the release of LAB will have any effect on future releases. It's RR who would be releasing future DVDs, so they had nothing to do with LAB, and I don't think the band had much say on it either. Hopefully they'll release a Bluray though.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Jamariquay

• When in Rome...
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2012, 09:16:17 AM »
I'm just watching Chaos in Motion and during those shows they had two opening acts. This year we have one so its likely if they release a DVD it will be from a few different shows. I'm not really fussed with that, they can pick the best performances and get everything onto the disc (different songs from different setlists, etc). Just as long as they use better cameras then on CIM!  ;D

Their tours that ultimately produced Live Scenes and OIALT also typically had opening acts. I hold out hope that even if they don't use the "Evening With" format for the bulk of that leg, they'll end it with a 3 hour show that'll be filmed. But, you know.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2012, 12:06:26 PM »
Please no CIM format, LaB and Score are much better. I could see a full concert and then maybe a few bonus songs from a different show or shows, kind of like LaB.

Offline The Letter M

« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2012, 02:33:33 PM »
Please no CIM format, LaB and Score are much better. I could see a full concert and then maybe a few bonus songs from a different show or shows, kind of like LaB.

Maybe for a DVD, but for a CD, where the sound quality can be mixed-to-match, I want a full 3-disc set, with at LEAST 180 minutes of music only because I would LOVE to hear "The Count Of Tuscany" and "Learning To Live" with MM on them, and those are two songs they haven't played since last summer.

-Marc.
ATTENTION - HAKEN FANS! The HAKEN SURVIVOR 2023 has begun! You can check it out in the Polls/Survivors Forum!!!

Offline Cyclopssss

• Vocal Dinosaur pre-heat combustable
  • Connoseur of love
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2012, 11:20:19 PM »
They just played 6:00 in Helsinki..... :hefdaddy
From the ocean comes the notion that the realise lies in rhythm. The rhythm of vision is dancer, and when you dance you´re always on the one. From the looking comes to see, wondrous realise real eyes....

Offline Kotowboy

• Yes THAT Kotowboy.
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2012, 05:58:10 AM »
Confirmed...

I Know all about the honour of God, Mary Jane.

We really NEED a DVD of this tour !!

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2012, 06:08:54 AM »
A ton of better songs they could have played, but they played that perfectly. Good quality vid too.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline darkshade

« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2012, 08:51:44 AM »
6:00 is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fadetoblackdude7

« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2012, 01:20:58 AM »
Further proof why we NEED another live dvd this tour:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDNpAyDs9fE

They sound amazing, especially James, he's sounding better than ever right now!

Offline Super Dude

• Hero of Prog
  • DTF.com Member
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2012, 09:25:49 AM »
They simply have to release a DVD. Bridges in the Sky live. :metal
Quote from: bosk1
As frequently happens, Super Dude nailed it.
:superdude: