Author Topic: The Hobbit Thread - Official trailer  (Read 6625 times)

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
Re: The Hobbit Thread - Official trailer
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2011, 09:06:08 PM »
ITT:  emindead gets a warning.

For what?

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2011, 10:12:33 PM »
I was wondering that myself...
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2011, 11:12:10 PM »
That got a big ol' meh from me. As someone who hasn't read the book, there was nothing to really draw me in.
Photobucket sucks.

Offline bout to crash

• Admiral Jackbar
  • DT.net Veteran
  • Instant Erection!
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2011, 11:31:03 PM »
I am going to read the book.
Oh Jackie, always jumping to the most homoerotic possibility.

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2011, 01:26:55 PM »
I'm not sure that's where they're going to split it though because there's still the White Council subplot that doesn't directly appear in the book. I had heard a while ago that the first movie would end right before the battle of five armies, but there's a lot of stuff to get through before that
It may have changed, but from what I heard the original plan would be that movie I would be what is in The Hobbit book. And movie II would be between The Hobbit and LoTR, that isn't really a book, but JRR probably alluded to somewhere.

I'm sure some stuff will bleed over. Like Shelob was in TTT book, but halfway through RoTK movie.

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2011, 01:56:26 PM »

Offline blackngold29

« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2011, 03:19:27 PM »
 :rollin :rollin

Offline Accelerando

• Disciple of Mark Tremonti
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2011, 03:42:43 PM »
Here's the first LOTR trailer that came out in 2000. I was in middle school back then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzWZTC-jovo

Offline orcus116

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2011, 04:37:39 PM »
That got a big ol' meh from me. As someone who hasn't read the book, there was nothing to really draw me in.

I read the book awhile ago but yeah the only people I could see interested in the trailer would be people who recognized the characters, which there were too many to absorb. The obvious draw was the whole "oh shit it's Gollum!" thing at the end but even that didn't really excite me.

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2011, 04:47:16 PM »
You know... Now that I've watched it a couple more times, I have to say... That was one boring ass trailer; and we all know how boring asses can be (hee-haw, hee-haw). Not to rag on it, because I do realize it is so very early, I didn't even expect to see a clip of this film for another few months at best. But I too have not read a line of the book. I did, however, read this really fucking awesome graphic-novel adaptation of it and I really, really enjoyed it. I got it from a friend in middle-school and I can still remember most of it; haven't the slightest clue where it is now... But if I could dig it up I would read it over and over.

That said, I do know a bit about the general storyline and characters, and even so it's a bit much to take in. Mainly though the trailer is a snoozefest; and yeah, Gollum at the end was nothing more than "Oh. There's that bugger". All said and done, I'm still really happy to see any footage at all and am pretty sure I'll prop a tent whence standing in line to see this. Well...actually no, that will come for Part 2, lest they have any of the truly legendary battles in this one. But I doubt it.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2011, 04:52:11 PM »
*sigh* OK, people here (where I live) and everywhere I've talked says Trailer. Why? Because it's a trailer. I've explained what's a trailer and what's a teaser.
]

I don't really care about this debate other than to say that emindead is accurate.  This is a trailer.  Teasers are 30 seconds long.  2 minute trailers are most of the time the theatrical trailer.  Just sayin'.  /filmmajor
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline TioJorge

• Constantly Contorting
  • Ashes to ashes, fun to funky.
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2011, 04:57:01 PM »
Oh yeah, I missed that. Thanks for the explanation Emin! Got it; I figured it was simply that but TDKR trailer confused the heck outta me, bwaha. Forgot there was a teaser.

DTP says "WOW, LOOK AT THAT GREAT POST"
RIP DTP.

Offline bucksanchez51

« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2011, 02:27:22 AM »
I really don't care if it's a trailer or a teaser. All I know is that I've read all the books and seen the LOTR movies and this video got me really excited to see the new movie.