Author Topic: The war on Christmas doesn't exist  (Read 4841 times)

Offline Vivace

Re: The war on Christmas doesn't exist
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 09:49:47 AM »
The joke is Christmas is not even about Jesus anymore anyway. :rollin

Christmas was never supposed to be about Jesus to begin with.
What do you mean

I mean Jesus never said to celebrate his birth.  Neither did any of his disciples.  It does not appear to have really entered the consciousness of Christians to do so as late as the third century, and it does not appear to have been celebrated until sometime between the late third and fourth centuries.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas#History

As a result, many Christians do not celebrate it as having anything to do with Christ, but merely recognized it as a fun family holiday.

True, but the idea of Christmas is supposed to be a religious reflection on what the Incarnation meant to mankind and there is a LOT of great stuff written about that. The Incarnation is seen as God's gift to Man, a gift that was not necessary and certainly doesn't add to God nor was Man worthy of the gift. The idea to commemorate this Incarnation, this birth of Christ goes right to the heart of Christianity in general.
"What kind of Jedis are these? Guardians of peace and justice my ass!"

"Ha ha! You fool! My Kung Fu is also big for have been trained in your Jedi arts why not!"