Author Topic: Fear Injection - Stepping Through The Shattered Fragments Of Time  (Read 1081 times)

Alright, sort of a continuation of my last thread in GD for the photoshop savvy. This is a thread for me to shamelessly promote my upcoming album in summer 2012: Stepping Through The Shattered Fragments Of Time.

This is very much a concept album. In a nutshell, the story is about a young man who has to face his demons, metaphorically and literally speaking. The first song is about his journey into the forest of Aokigahara, where he is planning to commit suicide and is instead dragged down to a pit of hell for the lost souls of Aokigahara. He is told by demons that he must spend 3 sleepless days and nights in this place, listening to the endless screams of the lost souls and staring into their blank faces. Afterward, he must climb out of this hole to free himself and the lost souls. Only one thing, the lost souls are freed as their corpses and he is discovered babbling, bloody, dirty and in a pile of fresh corpses. He is insane.

Jump ahead about 40-50 years. A broken down old man in a mental asylum forced to relive his nights in the dark pit night after night in his dreams, one night he falls into a coma and finds himself in a strange forest/desert with a red sky (the art I requested) and is met by the demons he knew from the forest. They tell him his world will come to an end and his only chance for true salvation is to join them and make human kind suffer for their sins. He is faced with three incomprehensible tasks that eat away at his soul, eventually leading him to be completely twisted and evil, wanting to become a demon himself. This story climaxes with an all out war (humans against each other and themselves. Possessed by the mind of our protagonist.)

I've been working on this album since the summer of 2010. I have written it alone, programming the drums with the Toontrack Drumkit From Hell program (Meshuggah and Devin Townsend fans may be familiar), recording the guitars, bass and vocals myself.

I've been writing music since I was 16 (21 now) and have been unable to form the band I've always wanted. Leading me to create this album myself.

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fear-Injection-Official/222667317749882

Youtube channel with demo clips and tracks, etc.: https://www.youtube.com/user/WiiCubedDS?feature=mhee

Again, album will be released for free online in the summer of 2012. The single "Stepping Through The Shattered Fragments of Time" will be released next month and an early demo can be heard on my Youtube channel. Thank you folks for taking the time to read this and I look forward to having some of you as fans in the near future. Cheers!

Offline matt1722

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Fear Injection - Stepping Through The Shattered Fragments Of Time
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:25:28 PM »
Sounds like a pretty cool concept, I'm listening to the demo of "Trepanation" on youtube and it sounds pretty cool, I'm enjoying the instrumentation and the vocals. I'll be sure to follow this.   :tup

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 11:46:59 PM »
Just bumping the thread, is there any interest in this project?

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 01:18:57 PM »
Almost done the guitars for the single!  :metal

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 07:53:36 PM »
OH FUCK YES