Author Topic: Guitar Pro help  (Read 1529 times)

Offline squishyboots

• I am a photographing pirate boy
  • Adventure that's the life for me!
Guitar Pro help
« on: July 06, 2009, 12:11:46 PM »
Alright, so I really would like to learn a song, but I only have a written tab, and I suck at reading written tabs that don't have notature above it.  The song has some fast parts, and well, I can't slow down the song to play them slower.  Normally, I just highlight whatever part I want to learn in Guitar Pro, and slow it down till I can play it, and move on, but since there is no guitar pro tab for the song, I can't.

So is anyone here good at writing stuff out into guitar pro?  I don't think it's that challenging of a song to do, but I don't really tab much stuff out with GP, so I can't really comment on what is easy and what is hard.

The song I want is just the solo for Porcupine Tree's Voyage 34 Phase 1

the tab I'm using is here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/p/porcupine_tree/voyage_34_phase_i_solo_tab.htm#comments

If anyone does this, I'll love you forever.

Offline cthrubuoy

• DTF.org Member
Re: Guitar Pro help
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 06:03:47 AM »
I'll do it, but I'm not at home at the moment.

But, you can import a text file into GP. It wont give you the exact timings but it's not difficult to change this, and you can extract the section you want and fit it to your needs :D File>Import if I remember rightly.

Offline squishyboots

• I am a photographing pirate boy
  • Adventure that's the life for me!
Re: Guitar Pro help
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 10:50:24 PM »
I don't see that, but if you do get this into Gp, I seriously, will love you for eternity.