Author Topic: Red - Feed The Machine vs. DT - BMU, BMD  (Read 94242 times)

Offline chrisbDTM

• DT.net Member
Re: Red - Feed The Machine vs. DT - BMU, BMD
« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2011, 08:53:02 AM »
mike portnoy LOL

Offline Cruithne

« Reply #141 on: December 16, 2011, 08:55:08 AM »
Well, we built MP up but now he just seems to be falling to pieces :yarr

I honestly thought his latest "truth"-bomb was a parody when I first read it. Ack, it's now at the stage where it's actually quite funny  :corn

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #142 on: December 16, 2011, 08:56:53 AM »
I think he is probably still most upset that they didn't let him come back when he tried to change his mind months later.

Dream Theater = the shooter
The ball = the message that they didn't want him back
Mike Portnoy = the goalie

:coolio

Offline JasonScandopolous

« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2011, 09:01:31 AM »
And the "WAKE UPPPP" part is a rip off of Rage Against the Machine.

The song definitely heavily influenced BMUBMD.... a lot of it seems like direct copying... but it's not exactly the same and DT did bring other stuff to the table.  I do agree that this song is better than BMUBMD.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #144 on: December 16, 2011, 09:11:28 AM »
I get that MP is a straight shooter

Yeah, he's a straight shooter like Milli Vanilli are "good singers"  :lol   

Congrats, MP.  You managed give the "BMUBMD" story a quick backseat and now the real news is about yourself unprofessionally and unnecessarily, in my opinion, taking a dig at your former bandmates once again.  Sheesh.   ::)
Honestly, seeing how MP's treated his ex-band members over the last year has completely flipped how I look at DT history. We always got the story about Charlie Dominici, David Prater, Kevin Moore, Derek Sherinian, the Record Label, Geoff Tate, and others straight from MP. Now, I've really started reconsidering all of that. Seeing how MP's been completely wrong and out-of-line when he talks about his former band-mates has definitely got me thinking that maybe there was something more to all of the above situations.

THIS

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #145 on: December 16, 2011, 09:17:26 AM »
Maybe team DT did this to see how Mike would react.....

Offline Resonate

« Reply #146 on: December 16, 2011, 09:32:43 AM »
When MP does any New York meet-n-greets in the coming year or two, I will be there as a progressive metal fan loudly booing him.  When he plays in New York with his new bands, I will be there loudly booing him at his hometown show as he walks into the venue.

If you do that, have someone videotape you and post it.  j/k  :smiley:

I get where you're coming from with being fed up.  For me though, it isn't worth being upset with MP anymore.  I made the break back when he clicked "like" on someone's post on his Facebook page saying that basicially "Mangini sucks" at playing DT songs at the concerts.  At that point, I simply clicked "unlike" on his FB page, clicked "unfollow" on his Twitter page and moved contently along.

This latest incident does not surprise me.  Sad to say, I kinda expected something like this since the Grammy nomination.  I truly hoped it would not happen though.  I thought maybe with all his projects going on and it being Christmas time and all, maybe he could keep things positive.  Anyway, it's a shame to see this happen, but I guess the big winner here is probably Mangini.  Once again, I'm made to appreciate what a positive influence he brought to DT.

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #147 on: December 16, 2011, 09:40:49 AM »
I've got to be honest, where I am at right now with this whole thing with Portnoy.......I am boycotting any releases he's involved with until or unless he issues a PUBLIC apology to Dream Theater for accusing them of plagiarism.   That was beyond stupid. 

Offline Jarzombek

« Reply #148 on: December 16, 2011, 09:44:57 AM »
DT should not copy other bands. Or at least choose better bands to copy. BMU BMD is the worst song on ADTOE.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2011, 09:47:25 AM »
Actually, Dream Theater as a whole are the big winners here.  They have managed to not skip a beat since the switch, and are kicking more ass than they have in quite a while.   And I love the fact that they repeatedly do not take the bait when Portnoy throws out one of this asinine digs every so often.  In fact, if someone asked JP today about Portnoy's plagiarism crack, he'd probably laugh it off, mention how he still loves him as a brother, and then talk about how much he deadlifted this morning. :biggrin:

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #150 on: December 16, 2011, 09:50:29 AM »
Actually, Dream Theater as a whole are the big winners here.  They have managed to not skip a beat since the switch, and are kicking more ass than they have in quite a while.   And I love the fact that they repeatedly do not take the bait when Portnoy throws out one of this asinine digs every so often.  In fact, if someone asked JP today about Portnoy's plagiarism crack, he'd probably laugh it off, mention how he still loves him as a brother, and then talk about how much he deadlifted this morning. :biggrin:

For the record, it was 550lbs, one handed while reading the Blabbermouth article on his iPhone in the other hand.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #151 on: December 16, 2011, 09:50:47 AM »
I don't get what's so offensive about what MP said, no different than what most said.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline ZKX-2099

• The Drifting Drifter
« Reply #152 on: December 16, 2011, 09:58:49 AM »
I don't get what's so offensive about what MP said, no different than what most said.

The way he said it and the fact that he brought it up in a thread that had nothing to do with it.

Online Mladen

« Reply #153 on: December 16, 2011, 10:02:48 AM »
In fact, if someone asked JP today about Portnoy's plagiarism crack, he'd probably laugh it off, mention how he still loves him as a brother, and then talk about how much he deadlifted this morning. :biggrin:
This is why we all love the guy.  :hefdaddy

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #154 on: December 16, 2011, 10:11:11 AM »

The way he said it and the fact that he brought it up in a thread that had nothing to do with it.
This. He had to go and derail the thread and then blatantly accuse them of Plagiarism, even when DT did the same exact thing when MP was in the band.

See example such as Peruvian Skies, Octavarium, Never Enough, Solitary Shell, etc.

It was fine then, but now? No way man, that's plagiarism!!!!!
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2011, 10:51:45 AM »

This. He had to go and derail the thread and then blatantly accuse them of Plagiarism, even when DT did the same exact thing when MP was in the band.

See example such as Peruvian Skies, Octavarium, Never Enough, Solitary Shell, etc.

Exactly! I am one of the countless people who got into DT just because of MP's phenomenal drumming. I grew to almost adore the guy for being a virtuoso drummer, so fan friendly...so available and 'honest'. But after watching him ever SINCE HE CHOSE TO ABABNDON DREAM THEATER FOR APPARENT "GREENER GRASS" (sure that's an unfounded judgment and highly disputed and un-acknowledged reason by him) but we're not children here.....the P.C. answer to his departure may be a sliver of the reason but whatever.....anyway.....after watching the way he's treated DT over the past year I have been completely turned off by the man's actions.
  I wish that instead of trying to bait JP and the gang into saying something by issuing statements like this he'd just come out and say what I believe is really on his mind and eats at him daily...he made a hasty decision to leave while enjoying temporary success with A7X. I get that touring with them and with Neal earlier in the year brought Mike some sort of clarity of what DT's relationships had evolved to, that part is understandable. What I don't get is the fact that you believed if you left DT would cease to exist and how them choosing to go on without you has apparently driven you to disparage any and every move or accolade they make or receive.
    Mike...as evidenced in some threads here at the DTF I am aware you lurk around and probably read these comments so I want it to be clear I'm saying these things with full expectation that you will read them...I'd say them on your forum if they wouldn't be deleted 10 seconds later.
  I respect your pursuit of happiness and can understand your reason to want to 'take a break and re-charge', it's understandable and in fact if you were to search your forum there would be multiple instances of me personally worrying about a DT breakup due to your insane write/record/tour schedule. But in learning that the rest of DT did not want to do so I don’t understand why you didn’t do what a lot of us who become disenfranchised with their jobs do…you suck it up and do your job. It's my belief that only after you realized they were ‘serious’ about continuing on without you and that you indeed had made the wrong decision that you petitioned to re-join the band months later. That is not a fault…mistakes are made by everyone, everyday. Where I fault you is that you is that it appears your pride will not allow you to admit it and in fact is perhaps driving you to say the things you say in the manner that you say them.
  It just looks to me that you cannot allow DT to enjoy any type of success without your hand in it. ADTOE is a great album with great songs on it…in fact it’s an album that I know for a fact a lot of fans have wanted for years. Are all the fans pleased? Nope. You know that’s impossible. But if I had to arbitrarily throw a percentage out there I’d say that 88% of the fan are thrilled with ADTOE.
    I would think that instead of making snide remarks like you did about the 'Red' song and BMU?BMD....that you'd be happy for the success of friends that you spent the better part of your life with regardless of whatever bridges that have been burned in the fallout of your ‘marriage’. I'm starting to believe that the fact they have been successful without your input is not possible for you to accept. Mike, for as rude and as inconsiderate as my post may come off to you I can honestly tell you that I write it with a heavy heart because for years I have looked up to you and I’m not even a musician. Your battle with alcoholism is still a pillar of strength for me to draw from as I battle mine, and no matter what is said and done you will always remain a world class drummer who I enjoy listening to. At this point I am just sorry that I had built you up so much in my heart and mind because watching how you in particular have handled ‘all’ of this has really left me a bit heartbroken.

Gary
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2011, 11:30:23 AM »
lol at Portnoy, the guy just keeps digging himself deeper and deeper into a hole with DT fans.  I guess he doesn't care anymore and I also guess he forgot about any of the songs he wrote while in DT that sound like other bands... I mean this song does have a lot of similarities, but that doesn't mean its plagarism.  Has MP just become an internet troll for DT? What a joke. 

Offline Orion1967

Re: Red - Feed The Machine
« Reply #157 on: December 16, 2011, 11:42:24 AM »
Just when I thought things were settling down, MP says something like this. Why?

A need to be the center of controversy and attention? ::)   Just a guess...
Cool Story Bro. 

Tell it again

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #158 on: December 16, 2011, 12:23:52 PM »
He probably saw us lambasting Minneman and decided he missed it.

"sometimes(all the time) you have to be wrong and (never)learn from mistakes"

I feel like stating random nonsense about how blatantly obvious that Stargazer was a ripoff, but I feel the humor would be missed.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #159 on: December 16, 2011, 12:55:25 PM »

Exactly! I am one of the countless people who got into DT just because of MP's phenomenal drumming. I grew to almost adore the guy for being a virtuoso drummer, so fan friendly...so available and 'honest'. But after watching him ever SINCE HE CHOSE TO ABABNDON DREAM THEATER FOR APPARENT "GREENER GRASS" (sure that's an unfounded judgment and highly disputed and un-acknowledged reason by him) but we're not children here.....the P.C. answer to his departure may be a sliver of the reason but whatever.....anyway.....after watching the way he's treated DT over the past year I have been completely turned off by the man's actions.
  I wish that instead of trying to bait JP and the gang into saying something by issuing statements like this he'd just come out and say what I believe is really on his mind and eats at him daily...he made a hasty decision to leave while enjoying temporary success with A7X. I get that touring with them and with Neal earlier in the year brought Mike some sort of clarity of what DT's relationships had evolved to, that part is understandable. What I don't get is the fact that you believed if you left DT would cease to exist and how them choosing to go on without you has apparently driven you to disparage any and every move or accolade they make or receive.
    Mike...as evidenced in some threads here at the DTF I am aware you lurk around and probably read these comments so I want it to be clear I'm saying these things with full expectation that you will read them...I'd say them on your forum if they wouldn't be deleted 10 seconds later.
  I respect your pursuit of happiness and can understand your reason to want to 'take a break and re-charge', it's understandable and in fact if you were to search your forum there would be multiple instances of me personally worrying about a DT breakup due to your insane write/record/tour schedule. But in learning that the rest of DT did not want to do so I don’t understand why you didn’t do what a lot of us who become disenfranchised with their jobs do…you suck it up and do your job. It's my belief that only after you realized they were ‘serious’ about continuing on without you and that you indeed had made the wrong decision that you petitioned to re-join the band months later. That is not a fault…mistakes are made by everyone, everyday. Where I fault you is that you is that it appears your pride will not allow you to admit it and in fact is perhaps driving you to say the things you say in the manner that you say them.
  It just looks to me that you cannot allow DT to enjoy any type of success without your hand in it. ADTOE is a great album with great songs on it…in fact it’s an album that I know for a fact a lot of fans have wanted for years. Are all the fans pleased? Nope. You know that’s impossible. But if I had to arbitrarily throw a percentage out there I’d say that 88% of the fan are thrilled with ADTOE.
    I would think that instead of making snide remarks like you did about the 'Red' song and BMU?BMD....that you'd be happy for the success of friends that you spent the better part of your life with regardless of whatever bridges that have been burned in the fallout of your ‘marriage’. I'm starting to believe that the fact they have been successful without your input is not possible for you to accept. Mike, for as rude and as inconsiderate as my post may come off to you I can honestly tell you that I write it with a heavy heart because for years I have looked up to you and I’m not even a musician. Your battle with alcoholism is still a pillar of strength for me to draw from as I battle mine, and no matter what is said and done you will always remain a world class drummer who I enjoy listening to. At this point I am just sorry that I had built you up so much in my heart and mind because watching how you in particular have handled ‘all’ of this has really left me a bit heartbroken.

Gary

Well said, Gary.  You are/were obviously a much bigger fan of Portnoy the man (vs. the musician) than I was, so it has to be a bummer to see a guy you looked up to that much acting so petty and vindictive.  And it is shocking that he cannot see how his words are affecting fans' opinions of him.  Aside from the obvious hypocrisy of the plagiarism angle, he was always so overly defensive about people who dared criticize DT for anything, and he has now become what he hated for so long.  And he doesn't even realize it. 

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2011, 01:16:04 PM »
Interesting poll results in this thread on his forum.

Offline tjanuranus

« Reply #161 on: December 16, 2011, 01:35:20 PM »

THAT IS GLORIOUS!  :rollin

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2011, 01:36:07 PM »
If Neal Morse isn't involved in the 'Flying Colors' project, I wonder how that'd affect the results? But those are indeed interesting to say the least....maybe best described as 'revealing' rather than interesting.
 From strictly a musical point of view....take 'A-Mob' for example....a complete waste of MP's talent IMO. I get it's fun and something he's always wanted to do and that's cool and all....but I liked the comparison I heard (forgot if it was here at the DTF or at MPs) it's like Neal Peart playing for AC/DC.

After I had made the long post I did in this thread I found the posts MP made over at his place and I still don't think he 'gets' how he's coming off. His explanation is that he is just 'being honest' like he has always been. The problem being (for me) is that in the past his 'honesty' was never spiked with that hint of malice that the comments towards DT seem to have. I'd pass it off as my own conspiratorital mind if it weren't for the abundant amount of people who are seeing and picking up on what I see and pick up on. It can't be coincedental.

BTW Barry....lots of folks at MP's place miss your presence. It's brought up quite a bit. You were a big part of that place and your absence is apparent. But, from the looks of things you've transitioned nicely to a much more 'understanding' home here.

Offline Mebert78

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2011, 01:44:20 PM »
The problem being (for me) is that in the past his 'honesty' was never spiked with that hint of malice that the comments towards DT seem to have.

Oh, the malice has been evident before now!  Link: https://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/dream-theaters-portnoy-if-kevin-moore-hadnt-left-wed-have-broken-up/

I just think it didn't hit as close to home for most fans until now.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 02:06:48 PM by Mebert78 »
An unofficial online community for fans of keyboardist Kevin Moore (ex-Dream Theater, Chroma Key, OSI):

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2011, 01:49:13 PM »
If Neal Morse isn't involved in the 'Flying Colors' project, I wonder how that'd affect the results? But those are indeed interesting to say the least....maybe best described as 'revealing' rather than interesting.
 From strictly a musical point of view....take 'A-Mob' for example....a complete waste of MP's talent IMO. I get it's fun and something he's always wanted to do and that's cool and all....but I liked the comparison I heard (forgot if it was here at the DTF or at MPs) it's like Neal Peart playing for AC/DC.

After I had made the long post I did in this thread I found the posts MP made over at his place and I still don't think he 'gets' how he's coming off. His explanation is that he is just 'being honest' like he has always been. The problem being (for me) is that in the past his 'honesty' was never spiked with that hint of malice that the comments towards DT seem to have. I'd pass it off as my own conspiratorital mind if it weren't for the abundant amount of people who are seeing and picking up on what I see and pick up on. It can't be coincedental.

BTW Barry....lots of folks at MP's place miss your presence. It's brought up quite a bit. You were a big part of that place and your absence is apparent. But, from the looks of things you've transitioned nicely to a much more 'understanding' home here.

I'll be the first one to admit that I asked for it.  But given that there were some extenuating circumstances (and the moderator knows this) I thought I might have gotten a break, considering my history there.  But whatever.  Looking at that place now, and given the way the host has been acting, I feel much, much more comfortable over here.

I mean, think about it for a second.   He actually came right out and openly accused them of plagiarism.  That's not something to be taken lightly or with a grain of salt.  It's a very serious accusation and could even be considered libelous.  If I were Mike Portnoy I'd probably be keeping my attorney's phone number handy right now because if he keeps saying shit like this in public, at some point there's going to be a little more blow-back than having a few  ::) "fans"  ::) lose their cool and get banned from his website. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:55:42 PM by kirksnosehair »

Offline Lowdz

« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2011, 01:52:53 PM »
Oh Mike.  :facepalm:  You will obviously never learn. You are turning into Sharon Osbourne. Or Vinnie Vincent.

I see the similarity in the op and I would never have heard the Red song otherwise, so they will be happy with this I'm sure. It may put a few sales on the board for them. I prefer BMU. It sounds lush-er with JR's keys and it has JLB and not some kid shouting.

How can MP agree that BMU is a re-write from I&W and believe that it's plagiarising Red?
He's certainly not happy, despite what he says. And just being honest? Mmm. No hint of a positive honest comment though. I was a fan too. Now, I'm not.
This latest comment of his would get him banned from his own website if he was subject to the same rules as everyone else.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2011, 02:01:18 PM »
The problem being (for me) is that in the past his 'honesty' was never spiked with that hint of malice that the comments towards DT seem to have.

Oh, the malice has been evident before now!  Link: https://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/dream-theaters-portnoy-if-kevin-moore-hadnt-left-wed-have-broken-up/

I just think it didn't hit as close to home for most fans until now.

I believe your assement (concerning the way I've looked at it) is correct. It is hitting home. I really didn't know it until MP quit and the aftermath began....but I am much more of a fan of 'Dream Theater' and what the music has meant to me...and what DT is to me....than a fan of any particular individual of DT. And that revelation suprised me more than anything considering the standing that I had given MP as KevShmev properly stated about me...I thought very highly of MP the man not musician...for whatever reasons I had constructed in my mind...I'm probably not the first or last person ever to 'build up' a celebrity or musician that has given me so much through thier work. I just think that I formed a perception of MP based on his lyrical contributions and his fan openess...never really stopping to realize that was merely a small part of who he is...maybe not wanting to realize that because the dude I had in my head and heart was...well...not real.
  I started listening to DT when I was 15...I'm 35 now. When I look back and think of all the different chapters of my life I can easily equate that to a certain 'era' or group of songs that DT had written that helped guide me through those periods. I'm sure we all can say that for not just DT but an assortment of 'entertainers/musicians'.
  And as I said, for whatever reason, even as a grown man I had MP way up there on a pedastal...WAY UP there....so maybe I have taken this whole saga and what not a bit too hard and certainly was a bit naive in thinking that those I look up to may not be exactly how I've constructed them and placed them in my mind.
  The 'MP' I built in my head would have came out publicly, despite the 'divorce' of he and DT, and congratulated his long time friends on receiving a Grammy nomination....not pick a thread in his forum and accuse them of plagerism. I can't imagine what will be said and where it will be said by MP if/when DT wins that Grammy :metal   

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2011, 02:04:17 PM »
How wonderful.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2011, 02:05:59 PM »
Looking at that place now, and given the way the host has been acting, I feel much, much more comfortable over here.

You and me both :tup I've been trying to build some relationships here by contributing more all the while still maintaining the ones I genuinly enjoy and appreciate over there. Had I not made a couple buddies over there and want to maintain those connections...I don't even think I'd log in there any longer.
  I'd be honest in saying the 'enjoyment' factor of the DTF outweighs MP's....by far...especailly due to the pins and needles environment it has evolved into.

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2011, 02:22:49 PM »
Hey, as a fan of Red, I'm just glad they are getting talked about.  :biggrin:
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Blackfield

« Reply #170 on: December 16, 2011, 02:31:01 PM »
But seriously.

Did JP really put that Red album as his top pick 2011? Obviously he's not listening to radio these days and grown tired of that kind of shitty music.

Offline integralbirth

« Reply #171 on: December 16, 2011, 03:07:48 PM »

As much as I disapprove of the way MP has been conducting himself (and I personally voted for "none of the above" and that was my sincere opinion) I don't read too much into the results of that poll...

...especially when YOU yourself have been on five eight forums asking others to go and "troll" the thread and sway the poll results to suit your agenda.

I don't get it: one famous man has been saying rude things about 5 other famous men - you don't know any of them personally.

Why would you go about "trolling" his OWN personal website just to make him feel bad for 2 minutes.

It's just pathetic.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:35:16 PM by integralbirth »

Offline AngelBack

• I'm officially a lard......
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Why you want beef with broccoli ?
« Reply #172 on: December 16, 2011, 03:18:03 PM »
Where do I find that smiley eating popcorn thingy ?
But the arc of your life will still be profound

Offline Imonkeyman

« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2011, 03:19:15 PM »
No matter what anybody says, every band has copied another band or been inspired by another band at some time or another. Rather than seeing it as plagiaristic, we might see it as the highest form of flattery. Secondly, Mike Portnoy can say and do whatever he would like.....like others have said, he chose to quit the band, and now that he is unhappy with his choice, he is spending his time slinging garbage around. Could any of that have to do with DT being nominated for a Grammy Award......bet that burns his ass knowing that for once the guys in DT are being recognized for their talent and it has nothing to do with him. Lastly, Portnoy has nothing better to do than sling dirt around considering he is in a bunch of forgettable bands, who will never be remembered, sucks to be him.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2011, 03:25:11 PM »
No matter what anybody says, every band has copied another band or been inspired by another band at some time or another. Rather than seeing it as plagiaristic, we might see it as the highest form of flattery. Secondly, Mike Portnoy can say and do whatever he would like.....like others have said, he chose to quit the band, and now that he is unhappy with his choice, he is spending his time slinging garbage around. Could any of that have to do with DT being nominated for a Grammy Award......bet that burns his ass knowing that for once the guys in DT are being recognized for their talent and it has nothing to do with him. Lastly, Portnoy has nothing better to do than sling dirt around considering he is in a bunch of forgettable bands, who will never be remembered, sucks to be him.

JP....is that you?   :biggrin:       

Joking obviously ;D