Author Topic: Guitarists - Comment on This Amplifier v. (Updated with Purchase)  (Read 4209 times)

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
Re: Guitarists - Comment on This Amplifier v. (Updated with Purchase)
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 11:31:08 AM »
Contrary to what many people seem to think, there is absolutely nothing wrong with combo amplifiers.  I've never understood why some guitarists refuse to use them.   

Offline unklejman

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 11:33:53 AM »
I don't mind it, but I would like to put the speaker in another room for recording, and volume reasons. If I buy a Mark IV combo, I won't have money for a cab for a while to come.

Offline pogoowner

• Pancake Bunny
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 05:28:16 PM »
I'm thinking about buying a new amp, and I'm really, REALLY liking Egnater right now. I can't afford to buy anything right now, but their whole line seems pretty great for the price. Especially if I can find something used.

Offline tartarus250

• peace love and good happyness stuff
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2012, 05:28:11 PM »
i have always used peavy i have had the 2012 sterio chorus great amp used it till it died of over use gig damage moved on to a 5150mk2 and 4by12 words can't describe how much i loved this amp but sadly i had to sell it due to lack of space and gigs at the time :-( now i have a transtube valveking head and 4 by 12 it ok but nowhere near as good as my 5150 was but i got given a delta blues 1 by12 combo and when i put it thrugh a 4 by 12 it sounds awesome hopefully in the future i will replace my 5150 maybe with a 6505 plus. just have to add that of all the peavy amps i have used i really havent had any problems with them they are good solid reliable amps!! p.s. my pa is also peavy lol
The creation and destruction of harmonic and 'statistical' tensions is essential to the maintenance of compositional drama. Any composition (or improvisation) which remains consonant and 'regular' throughout is, for me, equivalent to watching a movie with only 'good guys' in it, or eating cottage cheese.