Author Topic: Once Upon a Time  (Read 5493 times)

Online MirrorMask

Re: Once Upon a Time
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2018, 02:54:15 PM »
For me Once Upon a Time had the same trajectory as True Blood. Both shows created a fictional town with real people, adding a fantasy twist: the characters of classic fairytales in one case, vampires in the other.

In both cases, the pairing was enough to sustain a lot of seasons but no, they had to cram it full of everything (Other Disney movies and different sources in one case, all kind of mythological creatures in the other) until the whole thing collapsed and by the end was watchable only out of affection and habit.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2018, 07:04:30 PM »
I think the whole idea of a show like Once Upon a Time is that anything is possible. Every season they introduced some new storyline like Neverland or Frozen. The story arc I liked the least was when they went to hell. Hades especially irritated me.

There were very few main characters that returned every season that the stories were focused on. All the others came and went with some having cameos in other seasons. It's no different than many other shows, except this one is based around fairy tale characters.

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2018, 01:21:07 AM »
The story arc I liked the least was when they went to hell. Hades especially irritated me.

I actually enjoyed that, and I think that Hades, being charming and when necessary evil and brutal, was a nice portraying of a devil-like figure. They kinda blew it when they made him just a lovesick puppy however.
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!