Author Topic: Post your 2020 Christmas haul  (Read 1753 times)

Offline jingle.boy

• I'm so ronery; so sad and ronery
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • DTF's resident deceased dictator
Post your 2020 Christmas haul
« on: December 25, 2020, 07:03:24 PM »
I'll get a pic up later, but I snagged some sweet man-toys ....

Fiio M6 media player... lot of work to set it up, but it'll be worth it
Pair of cast-iron pans
Lots of flavored coffees (high octane, and decaf)
Lots of candy (Lindor and Ferraro Rocher)
Distant Memories (coming soon ... shipping delays)
Rope-less skipping rope.  Very ficking cool.
Bear claws to 'pull' meat apart - fuck these things look like weapons of mass destruction
Chewbacca coffee mug
Coffee cup warmer-plate - now I can more regularly use the non-microwavable mugs I own
That's a word salad - and take it from me, I know word salad
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Quote from: Puppies_On_Acid
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
Re: Post your 2020 Christmas haul
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 07:27:50 PM »
Got a couple of cool things, but I think picking up a fiance is at the top of the list.

For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Online TAC

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Arthritic Metal Horns
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 07:28:28 PM »
Nick wins!

Congrats!
would have thought the same thing but seeing the OP was TAC i immediately thought Maiden or DT related
Winger Theater Forums........or WTF.  ;D
TAC got a higher score than me in the electronic round? Honestly, can I just drop out now? :lol

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 08:36:03 PM »

Same as every year.  We buy for the kids and I usually pick a thing or two up for the wife. I always say to not worry about me. It comes out of my account anyway and I buy music and such all year long.

I lost the love for this holiday many years ago. Just doesn't mean much to me anymore. Used to mean big family gatherings but they have all drifted away and I rarely see anyone anymore. Just reminds me of better times which then makes me sad and a little angry.

I'm home alone as I type this. The wife and kids go to my in-laws every year because she (mother-in-law) demands it and is a raving narcissist. I have never been good enough for my wife and I have never liked them either. The story is I have to work. I don't think anyone actually believes it, but it is the story we tell each other.

Happy Buzzkill!

EDIT: Just realized that I typed the above to make it sound like my wife was the raving narcissist. That would be her mother. My wife is very much not like that.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 09:07:49 PM by ProfessorPeart »
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2020, 08:40:33 PM »
Damn.   :-\ :sad:
I fear for the day when something happens on the right that is SO nuts that even Stadler says "That's crazy".
Remember the mark of a great vocalist is if TAC hates them with a special passion

Offline gmillerdrake

• Proud Father.....Blessed Husband
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • 1 Timothy 2:5
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2020, 08:53:33 PM »
Got a couple of cool things, but I think picking up a fiance is at the top of the list.

:clap:      That’s awesome! Congratulations  :metal
Without Faith.....Without Hope.....There can be No Peace of Mind

Offline ProfessorPeart

• MP.com Refugee
  • Lubed In The Face
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2020, 09:10:31 PM »
Made a tweak to my post above after I re-read it. My wife is not the raving narcissist, that would be my mother-in-law. Wanted to clear that up.
beul ni teh efac = Lube In The Face / That has to be wrong.  :lol / EDIT: Oh, it's Blue! I'm an idiot.
Pardon the interruption, but I just had to run in and celebrate the majesty of Lube in the Face as highest moment in roulette history

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2020, 09:11:16 PM »
I got (myself) a new circular saw, hedge trimmer, multi-tool, and drill compatible with the battery packs for my other power tools so I can finally ditch the last of my corded tools (except for my miter saw).

My in-laws got us a trip to Hawaii and to Lake Powell next summer - basically because they are annoyed they couldn't travel anywhere this year, and that is their big passion at this stage in their lives. My wife got my some guilt (as per usual) in that I do not have as much vacation time as she does and might not be able to go on all these trips, (because she teaches and forgets most of the world works more than 9 months out of the year).

My kids had the best day, which is really all I hope for on December 25.

Chad, did you get Delicate Sound of Thunder Blu-Ray?

Congratulations St. Nick.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline Hyperplex

• Evelator
  • EZBoard Elder
  • So often fragile power turns to scorn and ridicule
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2020, 10:05:31 PM »

Congrats!
"My melancholy wants to rest in the hiding places and abysses of perfection. This is why I need music." –Friedrich Nietzsche

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2020, 10:18:06 PM »
Fairly chill xmas, a few clothes and a tablet stand. Most of my celebrating was done on the culinary end.

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2020, 03:55:57 AM »
We don't buy much for ourself only for the kids.
I only got some small things like a nice teacup, electric toothbrush, Duvé cover and a toilet putting green.
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline jingle.boy

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2020, 05:09:27 AM »
Made a tweak to my post above after I re-read it. My wife is not the raving narcissist, that would be my mother-in-law. Wanted to clear that up.

Hahaha. I read your post like 4 times and still wasn’t 100% sure if you mean your in-laws, or if it was a drunk/rant post! :lol  That’s part of the reason I didn’t quote it.

@ Chris ... no, I didn’t get DSOT, even though I specifically told Mrs.jingle I preferred that Bluray over Distant Memories. It’s sitting in my Amazon cart just waiting to be ordered.

Oh, and of course, Nick wins the thread.

Offline King Postwhore

• Couch Potato
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take that Beethoven, you deaf bastard!!
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2020, 05:48:54 AM »
Just a few presents for both of us this year because one was expensive.   A new LG OLED CX 55" TV.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'.” - Bob Newhart
So wait, we're spelling it wrong and king is spelling it right? What is going on here? :lol -- BlobVanDam
"Oh, I am definitely a jackass!" - TAC

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2020, 06:51:49 AM »
Yes!

I got a couple of CD’s, two vinyl LPs, a guitar book, another book, a new pair of awesome studio headphones, some very warm indoor slippers, a magazine, various socks.

Yay!
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline lordxizor

• EZBoard Elder
  • and that is the truth.
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2020, 08:19:18 AM »
I don't get much, or want much, these days. I got a new winter coat, which I'm very happy about. I've had the same one for 14 years, and while it's still perfectly functional, I've been wanting a new one for years. Another round of presents today at my in-laws. I think my wife told her mom to get me a bunch of practical stuff that we could use around the house, so probably nothing too terribly exciting. Sometimes I wish there were more things I want, but everything I want is either a vacation, or something really expensive.

Offline cramx3

• Chillest of the chill
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2020, 08:25:35 AM »
I got a new webcam designed for streaming, pretty excited about that.

Offline axeman90210

• Official Minister of Awesome, and Veronica knows my name!
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Never go full Nick
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2020, 08:49:12 AM »
Biggest gift this year is a piece of homebrewing equipment that isn't actually here yet, it's been on backorder since before Thanksgiving. Other highlights include a bottle of Glenmorangie Signet and a hardshell Fender case for my Strat.

"Honey, why's there a table in the seating chart labeled "DTF" with a bunch of dudes sitting at it"
Photobucket sucks.

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2020, 08:55:25 AM »
Congrats, Nick! :tup :tup

Offline TheCountOfNYC

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2020, 11:36:15 AM »
Congratulations Nick!
People figured out that the white thing that comes out of cows' titties could be drunk, and the relation between sweet desires and women's bellies growing up for 9 months. It can't be THAT hard to figure out how a trumpet works.”

-MirrorMask

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2020, 11:47:12 AM »
We don't buy much for ourself only for the kids.

This is us. We buy each other one gift....then the rest is the kiddos. Our kids are still a bit young to where they aren't really focused on getting us anything.....but it's perfectly fine. I got her a nice diamond necklace.....she bought me a pair of good Dewalt drills. For years I've been buying the cheap drills thinking I'm saving money but there's a reason they're cheap. So, got a good set and hope that this will end my frustration I've had with hand drills.

Offline Cool Chris

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2020, 12:02:55 PM »
Yeah sometimes it just pays to invest in quality tools. I look at some of the stuff I did around the house ~10 years ago and think "eh, that didn't turn out as well as I had hoped" and then I think back to what tools I was using at the time.
"Nostalgia is just the ability to forget the things that sucked" - Nelson DeMille, 'Up Country'

Offline XJDenton

• What a shame
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2020, 03:14:20 PM »
List of presents I received this year:

"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled." - Richard Feynman

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2020, 06:09:57 AM »
Gary,

Did you get the XR 20 volt max drills? I love mine.

Mrs. P and I bought each other new leather coats. From the kids, I got a new pair of house slippers. From co-workers I got Scotch and Irish Whiskey. From my buddy, I got some 30 year old rum that I'm pretty stoked to try out.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2020, 06:14:36 AM »

Congratulations! That's really exciting Nick!

I just got a few things; Apex Steel Series Keyboard (fantastic keyboard if anyone needs one), and a bottle of cologne.

My wife and I typically just shop for our niece and nephew for christmas.

Offline gmillerdrake

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2020, 07:45:47 AM »
Gary,

Did you get the XR 20 volt max drills? I love mine.

Gregg.....not sure if they're the XR set......the only markings say 'Brushless'     

Yeah sometimes it just pays to invest in quality tools.

So true. The last drill set I bought was/is on it's last leg so I'm glad to have these Dewalts that have the good record.

Offline hunnus2000

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2020, 11:35:38 AM »
We bought those exact same DeWALT drills a couple months ago. They are AWESOME!  :metal

I got 2 shirts and a pair of socks but the real gift was the wife loving her presents from me.  She was in desperate need of new leggings (yoga pants) and was absolutely thrilled with the style and functionality of them meaning - they have pockets.  :tup

Offline Podaar

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2020, 12:52:35 PM »
Pretty close, Gary. The XR tools have a bit more adjustment and theoretically run a bit longer on the same charge.
"Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” — Christopher Hitchens

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2020, 10:49:00 AM »
Some clothes, a turntable, some records.  Nothing major for me individually.

But my wife and I have had our deck redone, and decided that would be the majority of our Christmas to each other.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline ReaperKK

• Sweeter After Difficulty
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2020, 04:20:56 PM »
What turntable did you get Hef?

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2020, 07:01:09 AM »
What turntable did you get Hef?
I don't even know.  I guess technically it's some kind of portable one.  We don't already have a stereo system of any kind (is that still a thing?), so this is probably the perfect one for us, assuming it works lol
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.