Author Topic: 2012-02-08 - Clyde Auditorium - Glasgow, UK  (Read 12315 times)

Offline tartarus250

• peace love and good happyness stuff
2012-02-08 - Clyde Auditorium - Glasgow, UK
« on: November 26, 2011, 06:10:33 AM »
will be going to glasgow for lunch and beers anyone fancy meeting up? i will be there with a few friends i was thinking the solid rock? lets take over!!!! :metal
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 08:54:31 AM by cyberdrummer »
The creation and destruction of harmonic and 'statistical' tensions is essential to the maintenance of compositional drama. Any composition (or improvisation) which remains consonant and 'regular' throughout is, for me, equivalent to watching a movie with only 'good guys' in it, or eating cottage cheese.

Offline krands85

Re: 2012-02-08 - Clyde Auditorium - Glasgow, UK
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 03:33:44 PM »
 :metal  Had my tickets for ages, I'll be 7-8 rows from the front more towards Myung's side (which is nice, since I was at JP's side last time at Prog Nation  ;D )

Never been to a gig at a seated venue before, not sure what thats gonna be like. Hopefully the sound is better than in the main SECC last time!

Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline tartarus250

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 08:12:18 AM »
same here row f 11-14 it will be nice to rest my old bones and be able to watch properly without worrying about how sore my knees are lol poor old fart that i am  :blush hopefully the alchohol will help though ;-) it will be strange to see them without portnoy but from what ive seen so far mike is a worthy replacement :metal
The creation and destruction of harmonic and 'statistical' tensions is essential to the maintenance of compositional drama. Any composition (or improvisation) which remains consonant and 'regular' throughout is, for me, equivalent to watching a movie with only 'good guys' in it, or eating cottage cheese.

Offline bastrdgtr

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 01:56:56 PM »
Yo dudes,

I'm an American living in Belfast coming over for this show w/ row F.  If you see some tall American dude by himself acting like an idiot, that may be me.   :smiley:  I'm going to Manchester for the show the day after as well so I hope for more setlist rotations!

Offline krands85

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 07:28:21 PM »
If you see some tall American dude by himself acting like an idiot, that may be me.   :smiley: 
I hope you're not standing in front of me  ;D

Less than 3 weeks to go now  :metal
Whoaaaahh, ohhh, ohhhhh. Whoaaaahh, ohhhhh, ohhhhhh. Waaah, ahhh, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaowwwwww

Offline tartarus250

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 01:37:12 PM »
me and my friends are going up to the solid rock for a pre show beers and some food if anyone fancys joining us we are going to try and take over the juke box lol i am in row f as well fella its going to be great !!!!!!!! :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal :metal

Offline krands85

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 11:56:23 AM »
A week today :D :metal

Damn you all being in row F! I ordered way back in September and am in H  >:( :P

Starting to wonder if the attendance might not be that great :-[ . Not much action in this thread and only 35 people on Last.fm confirmed going to the event. Hopefully it's pretty busy.

Bought some earplugs to try and improve the sound a bit and protect my ears! Bet I forget to take them  :lol

Offline bastrdgtr

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 01:41:49 PM »
A week today :D :metal

Damn you all being in row F! I ordered way back in September and am in H  >:( :P

Starting to wonder if the attendance might not be that great :-[ . Not much action in this thread and only 35 people on Last.fm confirmed going to the event. Hopefully it's pretty busy.

Bought some earplugs to try and improve the sound a bit and protect my ears! Bet I forget to take them  :lol

Yea, I thought it was odd that I was able to get row F.  I didn't buy them immediately so it was a nice surprise.   :smiley:

Offline tartarus250

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 03:04:15 PM »
seen quite a few shows there and the sound is usually really good !! i am getting really excited now!!!

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 12:29:21 PM »
I bought mine on the day they went on sale and I got stuck with row L.

Offline krands85

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 05:14:03 PM »
How do these things work  :-\  Where did you order your tickets? Maybe the different ticket companies have different sections to themselves or something?

Anyone going in early to see Periphery? They're not really my cup of tea (and certainly not for the friend I'm going with  :lol ) We didn't arrive until near the end of Unexpect's set last time at Prog Nation but still got pretty close to the front. Obviously that's not relevant this time since it's a seated venue, but it might be a bit awkward with everyone coming to their seats at different times.

Offline tartarus250

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 05:36:17 AM »
going to have some dinner in the solid rock then head down whenever we are finnished so we will probably be there in time to see them as long as thier gear is working ok they should be quite good from what ive heard ;D only two days to go!!!

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 04:35:16 AM »
How do these things work  :-\  Where did you order your tickets? Maybe the different ticket companies have different sections to themselves or something?
I imagine tickets are held back or something.

Me and Silver Tears are going to see Periphery.

Offline tartarus250

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 05:58:14 AM »
its tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline krands85

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 04:55:52 PM »
its tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:metal

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to hear out of my left ear all day  :facepalm:  Great time for it to get all blocked up and need syringed or something  :censored  Hopefully it's better tomorrow but ffs  >:(

Offline tartarus250

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 05:37:14 PM »
nooo hope its better by tomorrow!!! or should i say today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2012, 02:13:54 AM »
TODAY!

Offline tartarus250

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 04:08:41 AM »
phone check
camera check
tickets check
money check
i am good to go glasgow here i come!!!! :metal :yarr :xbones

Offline AcidLameLTE

• Nae deal pal
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 06:07:42 AM »
5 minute walk and 2 minute train here I come ;D

Online Zydar

• Creep With Tonality
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 06:13:55 AM »
Have a great one, guys!
Zydar is my new hero.  I just laughed so hard I nearly shat.

Offline Millais

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 09:55:31 AM »

Offline krands85

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
At the pub just now :D not long to go :metal

Just went into solid rock and heard the killing hand, then acos came on - awesome ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:13:44 PM by krands85 »

Offline MajorMatt

• DT.net Member
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 02:52:13 PM »
Do update us on the setlist! Want to know what to expect in Manchester tomorrow!

Offline bastrdgtr

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 04:29:18 PM »
We got Beneath the Surface & Pull Me Under.

Awesome show.  The sound was absolutely amazing.  Labrie had a rough one...

One complaint: the crowd was the lamest I've ever seen at a DT show.  This was my first time seeing DT in Europe (seen 'em at least 7 times in the US since 2002).  Some Pirates of the Caribbean looking dude in row F (next to me) put up a big fuss when the guy in front of him wanted to stand up.  They had to switch seats to resolve it.  This is a rock concert, not the DVD at home laying in the convenience of your sofa!

Hope the Manchester folks are more lively tomorrow!

Offline cyberdrummer

• Setlist Guru and DT.net Veteran
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 04:32:58 PM »
If you got PMU tonight, please let that mean we get setlist A at Wembley. Please.

Offline bastrdgtr

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 04:33:47 PM »
I forgot... we had The Root of All Evil as well

Offline cyberdrummer

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 04:38:29 PM »
Yeah, I thought that might have been the case. So setlist A tonight should mean A on Friday night.

Offline krands85

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 04:40:25 PM »
Wow! Can't believe they switched the setlist, but I'm so pleased they did, I much preferred this one! The crowd though - omg its a prog metal gig, stand up! And don't complain when people in front of you stand! James said he had a bit of a cold but he sounded pretty good to me, though didn't attempt any of the high screams he's been doing. Sound was the best I've heard at any gig, not sure if that was down to the arena or my new ear plugs. Will try and get some vids up tomorrow

Offline cyberdrummer

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 04:42:12 PM »
Were people sat down in the stalls, or just on the balcony?

Offline bastrdgtr

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 04:46:26 PM »
Rows A-F at least were all sitting... in the stalls, that is.

Offline krands85

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 04:52:41 PM »
Yeah I was row h,  left of centre and had an unobscured view to the stage for the whole gig.

Offline cyberdrummer

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 05:10:37 PM »
Hope that's not the case at Wembley. Real buzzkill.

Offline FsF

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 05:21:03 PM »
I was a few rows back on the balcony, and I thought it was a freaking great gig! Well, considering the all-seating nature (which hindered Periphery a lot more than DT).

The band seemed so damn happy on stage, Myung and Mangini especially [special]. I thought James wasn't too bad at all (unlike his view on the Scottish climate), and genuinely felt sorry for him when he apologized for not having the best of nights.

However, when he absolutely nailed the next two songs (TSM and BTS), I couldn't have smiled harder if I'd tried. Overall great show, hampered a bit by the seating removing some of the atmosphere.

Offline Jinx

• The Unicyclist's #1 fan!
  • Shaaaamaan take my haaaannd!!
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 05:27:46 PM »
cyberdrummer I reckon we could be okay at Wembley:

- Blocks A and B are not raked and other customers may stand during the performance.

- Blocks C and D are tiered behind these.

(...And so on)

Hopefully this means standing during the whole thing is okay although I'm a small lad in row 11 so I doubt I'll see much lol. Bit awkward not being able to move much but steady bobbing and fist pumping is enough :biggrin:

Offline cyberdrummer

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 05:33:09 PM »
Yet another reason why an all-seated gig at Hammersmith was the perfect setting. Plenty of room for some movement, and a good view thanks to the sloping floor.