Author Topic: Progressive Nation coming back?  (Read 3944 times)

Offline indalo

Progressive Nation coming back?
« on: November 16, 2011, 09:11:37 AM »
From MP's twitter:

MikePortnoy
“@JohnPetrucci94: any possibility for ProgNation in the future? it was your idea, not DT's so you should try” I'M INDEED PLANNING ON IT : )

What do you think? Will be another PN tour? Which bands would you like to see? Which ones do you think will be included?

Great news, I think!  :metal
Sorry for my bad english!

Offline Knguro

***Rumor***P. Nation reborn.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 09:13:49 AM »
Yes there is a blog in spain dedicated to DT that explains that MP might be considering a reborn for PN, there assumptions DT, Transatlantic and Opeth, it doesn't say anything about dates yet.

Im pasting the link just in case someone wants to translate it in google.

https://t.co/hUR7PObG
...Here before me is my soul, I'm learning to live...
And your English is just fine. :tup

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Progressive Nation coming back?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 09:14:31 AM »
omg transatlantic and dream theater co headlining....

AWESOME OVERLOAD
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline indalo

Re: ***Rumor***P. Nation reborn.
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 09:16:17 AM »
I just posted it in General mussic discussion  :rollin

I think that if there's another PN it will be without DT. Perhaps Flying Colours or Transatlantic?

Also... Leprous, Riverside, Beardfish, BTBAM... a lot of greeeeeeeeeeeeat options!!  :metal

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 09:17:42 AM »
That would be nice actually. Do it with Opeth again please  :biggrin:
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline indalo

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 09:18:32 AM »
omg transatlantic and dream theater co headlining....

AWESOME OVERLOAD
I think DT would not be included  :-\

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 09:19:52 AM »
wait wait...  How the fuck does twitter work?  To me, this looks like JP was asking Mike about doing another PN tour because it was mike's idea and not Dt's so they should do one together.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline Nihil-Morari

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Check out the Zappa Discography thread!
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 09:21:38 AM »
JohnPetrucci94 is not the actual John Petrucci, that is all.

But TA as a headliner, together with some more softer prog bands...
How about:

TA.... NM, TFK, Marillion and MMPLM. Oh and Pain of Salvation.
The FZ Discography Thread! https://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=44650.0
Nihil-Morari is generally considered the resident Zappa person.

Offline DarkLord_Lalinc

• pr0nman extraordinaire
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Hostages love me
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 09:25:33 AM »
Sorry, but if Portnoy plans to do a Progressive Nation tour without Dream Theater, attendance will not be as close as what it was in both PN tours.

Also, PN was done with Dream Theater's budget, so I don't think he can pull something like that right now.
Quote from: TioJorge
MAN FUCK YOU KUJA.
Quote from: hefdaddy42
The Darklord is amazing

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 09:28:24 AM »
Um...that is just a fan telling Mike he should do PN again.  Until either some bands or labels say something about it happening, it isn't even a "rumor."
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 09:29:10 AM »
As mentioned in the other thread, some random fan telling Mike he should do PN again doesn't even qualify as a "rumor" unless and until either some bands or labels say something about it happening.
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 09:30:26 AM »
Oh... God damnit.  I hate twitter.

Offline indalo

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 09:32:07 AM »
Um...that is just a fan telling Mike he should do PN again.  Until either some bands or labels say something about it happening, it isn't even a "rumor."
MP said he is planning it. It's only an intention but I think is better than "yeah, that's a good idea!".

Offline BlobVanDam

• Future Boy
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Transform and rock out!
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 09:32:54 AM »

MP said in the message he was planning on it. I think that puts it slightly past rumor. Whether or not it's at all likely is a completely different story of course. Without DT, I can't see it going forward.
Only King could mis-spell a LETTER.
Yep. I think the only party in the MP/DT situation that hasn't moved on is DTF.

Offline ZeppelinDT

• Resident Collectaholic
  • EZBoard Elder
  • Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 09:38:36 AM »
Yeah, for those unfamiliar with twitterisms, the conversation translated into traditional interview format reads like this:

Random fan whose username is JohnPetrucci94: any possibility for ProgNation in the future? it was your idea, not DT's so you should try
Mike Portnoy: I'M INDEED PLANNING ON IT : )

Offline rogerdil

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 09:41:23 AM »
Transatlantic
Pendragon
Mats/Morgan
Moon Safari

:yarr

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 10:03:11 AM »
Yeah, for those unfamiliar with twitterisms, the conversation translated into traditional interview format reads like this:

Random fan whose username is JohnPetrucci94: any possibility for ProgNation in the future? it was your idea, not DT's so you should try

Haha thank you for the translation!

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 10:24:53 AM »
Without DT anchoring this I don't think it would work out all that great.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 10:48:56 AM »

Got it.  The way it was originally posted did not indicate that MP responded.  So, yeah, okay.  That's fine then.

Offline Knguro

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 11:08:06 AM »
As mentioned in the other thread, some random fan telling Mike he should do PN again doesn't even qualify as a "rumor" unless and until either some bands or labels say something about it happening.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was actually a great topic to talk about, but I thought that since it was DT related some could get interested to talk about it, sorry bosk feel free to lock it if necessary. :tup

Offline Progmetty

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 11:18:30 AM »
In my wish list I dream this is true. If PN becomes a MP thing I would be so grateful so DT wouldn't have to be involved in something like that again.
I wouldn't want somebody with 18 kids to mow my damn lawn, based on a longstanding bias I have against crazy fucks.

Offline wkiml

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2011, 11:22:55 AM »
I don't get why people feel DT has to be a part of it..I don't have the actually attendance figures for the last tour but I know stateside the attendance was only 1200-1400 at most venues..Can't see why a package of 3 or 4 top prog bands couldn't draw at least these numbers
Quote from: senecadawg2 on July 17, 2012, 10:54:32 PM
In defense of peanut butter...

try getting the neighbor's dog to lick your balls with a spoonful of chummus.

Offline ResultsMayVary

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Go Buckeyes!
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2011, 11:24:51 AM »
It won't be nearly as successful as PN was with DT.
Where would YOU be without prog?!
I'd be standing somewhere with dignity, respect, and bitches.
When Mike and Mob Unite, featuring the hit A Lawsuit in Lies

Offline Ben_Jamin

• I'm just a man, thrown into existence by the gods
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 11:35:32 AM »
i'm wondering that too. also to those suggesting transatlantic, you'd get to only hear 1 or 2 songs.
I don't know how they can be so proud of winning with them odds. - Little Big Man
Follow my Spotify:BjamminD

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 11:36:42 AM »
In my wish list I dream this is true. If PN becomes a MP thing I would be so grateful so DT wouldn't have to be involved in something like that again.

x100000000000000000000000

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 11:40:20 AM »

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was actually a great topic to talk about, but I thought that since it was DT related some could get interested to talk about it, sorry bosk feel free to lock it if necessary. :tup

Actually, someone just clarified in the other thread that Mike responded that it is a possibility.  So with that said, it's perfectly fine to discuss.  However, I am going to consolidate the threads.

Offline Knguro

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 11:54:08 AM »

Actually, someone just clarified in the other thread that Mike responded that it is a possibility.  So with that said, it's perfectly fine to discuss.  However, I am going to consolidate the threads.

Ok thanks!

Well the only thing that really doesnt like me is the fact that IF DT gets involved with this again, they may have a short set list again  :-\

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2011, 12:19:10 PM »
The PN with DT, Opeth, Bigelf and Unexpect was awesome, except it should've been in reverse order. ;)

Offline snowdog

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2011, 01:11:11 PM »
I don't get why people feel DT has to be a part of it..I don't have the actually attendance figures for the last tour but I know stateside the attendance was only 1200-1400 at most venues..Can't see why a package of 3 or 4 top prog bands couldn't draw at least these numbers
The only way I see this is if a band like Opeth, Porcupine Tree, or ZPZ are involved.  Those are bands that regularly tour the states on their own and would get people to come.  But if the biggest name is Transatlantic I just don't see that happening.  Transatlantic could possibly get the numbers you mentioned in cities like New York and LA, but there is no way in hell they get that in smaller cities.

Offline Knguro

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2011, 02:18:15 PM »
The PN with DT, Opeth, Bigelf and Unexpect was awesome, except it should've been in reverse order. ;)

Uh?

Offline Elite

• The 'other' Rich
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • also, a tin teardrop
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 02:55:53 PM »

Uh?

If anything should be swapped, Opeth should have been the headliner. At the show I went to they completely RIPPED the place, abd DT wasn't very good that night.
Hey dude slow the fuck down so we can finish together at the same time.  :biggrin:
Squ
scRa are the resultaten of sound nog bring propey

Offline KevShmev

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 03:38:19 PM »
Without DT anchoring this I don't think it would work out all that great.

Agreed.  Wasn't it common knowledge that it didn't fair that well even with DT headlining?  And without DT, by far the most well-known prog band (of ones known mainly as prog, and ones who would even think of doing something like this), I can't see it doing well.

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 03:53:20 PM »

Uh?

If anything should be swapped, Opeth should have been the headliner. At the show I went to they completely RIPPED the place, abd DT wasn't very good that night.

Unexpect
Opeth
Dream Theater
Bigelf

Offline Jamesman42

• There you'll find me
  • DT.net Member
  • Spiral OUT
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 03:56:41 PM »

Offline Gorille85

• DTF.org Member