Author Topic: Lol, that Herman Cain again  (Read 1844 times)

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
Lol, that Herman Cain again
« on: November 15, 2011, 12:16:40 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRb40YAXpzg

He has no idea about Libya essentially.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
Re: Lol, that Herman Cain again
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 01:21:44 AM »
Holy shit.

Goodbye, Herman Cain. How has this guy managed to get through a foreign policy debate?

Offline MasterShakezula

• Owes H $10
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 01:35:20 AM »
Yet another example of Cain's actions refuting any sort of idea of him being a serious candidate for the nomination.

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 01:43:51 AM »
Oh, I think he's serious. Between supporters of Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman, Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich, and Mitt Romney, you have majority of GOP voters who are like, "Libya? I don't know what a Libya is either! Who cares! LETS TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK!"

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 01:59:14 AM »
Hmm, can't agree with you there, PC. Given how the GOP base is so keen on warfare, not knowing such an important political uprising is, I think, rather unforgivable for a lot of Republicans.

Libya is of course one of the GOP's big problems, because Obama handled it exactly the right way. No American died, the government was toppled by its own citizens (always the best way), and the money spent on it was rather small, AND in tandem with a lot of other countries.

rumborak

Offline Perpetual Change

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 02:05:41 AM »
It's unforgivable, but I doubt his supporters will care. They likely don't know anything at all about the Middle East Africa and, frankly, that's probably what makes gearing up the war-machine so easy. People don't object to wars as easily when all they know anything but the hatred they're fed about the countries, cultures and religions in question.

Offline jsem

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 08:17:22 AM »
Oh, I think he's serious. Between supporters of Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Michelle Bachman, Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich, and Mitt Romney, you have majority of GOP voters who are like, "Libya? I don't know what a Libya is either! Who cares! LETS TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK!"
People like that should not be eligible to vote. Seriously

Offline 7StringedBeast

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 08:42:47 AM »

Fascist.
If anyone in this thread judge him; heyy James WTF? about you in Awake In Japan? Then I will say; WTF about you silly?

Offline kirksnosehair

• DTF.org Alumni
  • Bryce & Kylie's Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 08:59:20 AM »
Cain's 15 minutes are over.  The new flavor of the month, according to recent polling is Newt Gingrich. 

Offline antigoon

• Not Elvis
  • DT.net Veteran
  • This was a triumph.
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 10:19:08 AM »
I like his double breasted jacket.

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 12:46:26 PM »
Libya is of course one of the GOP's big problems, because Obama handled it exactly the right way.

I don't disagree with you that politically it is a big GOP problem. I also agree with your assessment of the results of our action in Libya. However I do not think Obama handled it exactly the right way as we had no right to interfere in the manner we did in the first place.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline jsem

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 01:33:57 PM »

Fascist.
That's not in the least fascist. Fascism =/= authoritarian.

Allright, it might not be a good idea to restrict voting, but one should not encourage voting for ignorant people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEgB0rcqgqo Stossel being awesome.

Offline Rathma

• oh no she didnt
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 01:50:58 PM »
My god, Cain is not even entertaining anymore. Just the fact that he's being considered a candidate for President is a fucking embarrassment for America.

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 01:57:37 PM »

Fascist.
That's not in the least fascist. Fascism =/= authoritarian.

Allright, it might not be a good idea to restrict voting, but one should not encourage voting for ignorant people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEgB0rcqgqo Stossel being awesome.

We could all try going back to living in a Republic.

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 02:42:14 PM »
Libya is of course one of the GOP's big problems, because Obama handled it exactly the right way.

I don't disagree with you that politically it is a big GOP problem. I also agree with your assessment of the results of our action in Libya. However I do not think Obama handled it exactly the right way as we had no right to interfere in the manner we did in the first place.

You mean you disagree with the UN resolution?
I actually somewhat agree with you on that, I thought it was rather sketchy. The protection of civilians was alright, but it quickly morphed into a cover "more than that" operation.
But frankly, that's a subtlety that will get lost under the resounding success of the overall operation. I heard some GOP spokesman saying something like "The US should have been on the ground, then fewer people would have died", but other than the most die-hard warm hawks nobody will buy that I think.

rumborak

Offline Nick

• A doctor.
  • Global Moderator
  • But not the medical kind.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 11:11:45 PM »

You mean you disagree with the UN resolution?
I actually somewhat agree with you on that, I thought it was rather sketchy. The protection of civilians was alright, but it quickly morphed into a cover "more than that" operation.
But frankly, that's a subtlety that will get lost under the resounding success of the overall operation. I heard some GOP spokesman saying something like "The US should have been on the ground, then fewer people would have died", but other than the most die-hard warm hawks nobody will buy that I think.

rumborak

I don't buy into that at all. Frankly I believe that the overall death toll would have been far greater without US interference. Still I believe the US had no right to be there and should not have been involved.
For the best online progressive radio: ProgRock.com
For the best in progressive news, reviews, and interviews: SonicPerspectives.com
For a trove of older podcasts and interviews: WPaPU.com
Awesome Majesty Pendant Club: Member #1

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 01:29:06 AM »
There's obviously a "sweet spot". If nothing had been done, Ghaddafi would have mowed down thousands of people without any change. If too much had been done it would have been yet another Iraq/Afghanistan, where the fact that the toppling was solely achieved by an outside power, would have prevented a proper buildup of power by the population.
I think Libya was one of those few cases in US history where it was pretty close to that sweet spot.
Keep also in mind that, as sad as it is, Ghaddafi really had to fully display his complete disregard for people's life before all of Libya got on board. Had there been more massive outside influence (and thus fewer deaths), there would be thousands of people in current Libya who would be working in bringing either Moammar or his sons back to power because they would see it as Ghaddafi being ousted by outside invaders.

rumborak