Author Topic: Beneath the Surface..  (Read 2558 times)

Offline GalacticGuitarist87

Re: Beneath the Surface..
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2011, 08:42:02 PM »
The last song I got into on ADTOE and my current favorite DT song. They performed it live when I saw them but I didn't care about it at the time, how do I wish I could go back in time... :facepalm:

Offline 2Timer

• The only DT fan who plays country music!
  • Don't turn your back on parrot eyes
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2011, 05:42:55 AM »
They played it live at our show too. It was gorgeous. I don't think the lyrics are depressing, though. Melancholy, yes. To me it sounds like the way you feel after you've moved on and you've gotten over it. Fantastic melody, too.
I am God when it goes to hell
When it turns out good I'm not to blame

Offline Dublagent66

• Devouring consciousness...
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • ...Digesting power
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 07:32:31 AM »
I listened to it last night for the first time.  Worst album closer in DT history.  My disappointment with this album knows no bounds.
"Two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
"There's not a pill you can take.  There's not a class you can go to.  Stupid is foreva."  -Ron White

Online lonestar

• DTF Executive Chef
  • Official DTF Tour Guide
  • Silly Hatted Knife Chucker
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2011, 07:57:44 AM »
A truly beautiful song.  Made me cry the first time I heard it, and still chokes me up even after many, many listenings.

I often find songs with lyrics that mirror negative emotions that I am feeling have the effect of "cleansing the palate" and allowing me to unload those emotions.

When I'm angry, songs with angry lyrics often calm me.  When I am depressed songs with depressing lyrics often cheer me up.  So it is not too surprising that some people find happiness in a song like BTS.
Very true for me too.