Author Topic: Once Upon a Time (T.V Show)  (Read 3784 times)

Online MirrorMask

Re: Once Upon a Time (T.V Show)
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2016, 03:57:38 PM »
I like a lot the show, and Season 5 pleasantly surprised me, but by now I'm watching more out of habit and affection for the characters than a genuine passion. I still like it but I don't anticipate it like I used to.

First season will always be the best, it has an excellent and original idea: what if the fairytale characters are living in the real world. And then the thing got mixed up and complex and everyone's related to everyone and let's bring in recent Disney movies and stories of public domains and whatever. At a certain point the show is gonna collapse under his own weight.

It's the same problem that True Blood had; the original idea was good, mixing up fantasy (vampires) and the real world; then they weren't happy with a real world with just vampires and they got to bring in all kind of supernatural creatures and it just got silly.

Oh, and I agree that Rumple is awesome!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2016, 03:58:51 PM »
What did you think of the Underworld storyline?

Online MirrorMask

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2016, 04:04:44 PM »
I liked it, and my favorite character was Hades; he was everything I imagined "the devil" to be, charming, intelligent but with his wickedness implied and occasionally on brutal display. And of course they had to make him a lovestruck puppy, damn!
I use my sig to pimp some bands from Italy! Check out Elvenking (Power / Folk metal), Folkstone (Rock / Medieval metal), Arcana Opera (Gothic/Noir/Heavy metal) and the beautiful voice of Elisa!

Offline Prog Snob

• DT.net Veteran
  • In the end we're left infinitely and utterly alone
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2016, 04:24:42 PM »
I wonder what other characters will show up next season.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the underworld story but you're right about Hades. It was unexpected to see him in love. It gave him a weakness.