Author Topic: Is Christianity bad for America?  (Read 3548 times)

Offline hefdaddy42

• Et in Arcadia Ego
  • Global Moderator
  • Postwhore Emeritus
Re: Is Christianity bad for America?
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2011, 01:00:07 PM »
right now have said they would put torture (Waterboarding) back on the table if elected, Obama outlawed it.  Again, big, big policy difference.

Really?
Yes.  In fact, they were specifically asked this question at the last debate, and several of them affirmed that they would reinstitute waterboarding.
Hef is right on all things. Except for when I disagree with him. In which case he's probably still right.

Offline Scheavo

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2011, 01:13:53 PM »
right now have said they would put torture (Waterboarding) back on the table if elected, Obama outlawed it.  Again, big, big policy difference.

Really?
Yes.  In fact, they were specifically asked this question at the last debate, and several of them affirmed that they would reinstitute waterboarding.

I think it was sorta sad that Ron Paul got boo'd for calling torture what it is... at least it sounded like most people in the crowd were human, as he got a bigger cheer later on.

I sorta wish I couldve heard what Bachman was going to say. Some stupid thing about torture working? Some horrible attempt at connecting waterboarding with American virtue?

Offline rumborak

• DT.net Veteran
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2011, 12:11:26 AM »
My take on it is, Republicans like the OT, Democrats like the NT.

rumborak
"I liked when Myung looked like a women's figure skating champion."

Offline jcmistat

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2011, 03:56:48 PM »
I'm agnostic so I think yes and no at the same time. Society makes up the answer. It's what individuals/groups do with Christianity or religion that matters or what you do with being not unsure/non-religious. Its really impossible to know.