Author Topic: Ben Stein - Abandoning values  (Read 8488 times)

Offline slycordinator

Re: Ben Stein - Abandoning values
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2011, 11:37:57 PM »
Reminds me of this little debate, when Stein called Ron Paul an anti-semite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyMh15fEKRI

I can't take Stein seriously.
Maybe it was further along in the exchange but I hear him say "This is the same antisemitic argument we've been hearing..." which isn't the same as saying "You are an anti-Semite."

Although he's full of shit either way...

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2011, 05:03:20 PM »
I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from, that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can't find it in the Constitution and I don't like it being shoved down my throat.

What the fuck kind of America is he living in?  Last time I checked, Christians were still on the beneficial side of religious favoritism in this country. 

Ah well, Stein isn't a guy to take very seriously regardless. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2011, 05:47:20 PM »
What the fuck kind of America is he living in?  Last time I checked, Christians were still on the beneficial side of religious favoritism in this country. 

:lol  Well, given that he's Jewish, I don't think that any "religious favoritism" shown to Christians is relevant (if it even existed).
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."

Offline ClairvoyantCat

• DT is no longer Majesty.
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2011, 05:53:41 PM »
:lol  Well, given that he's Jewish, I don't think that any "religious favoritism" shown to Christians is relevant (if it even existed).

Same thing, right?  :neverusethis:

Sloppy memory on my part, sorry about that, got him confused somehow.  I probably should have read the whole thing to refresh. 

Edit:  Holy shit.  The first line.  I should probably just stop posting now. 

Offline bosk1

• King of Misdirection
  • Administrator
  • Bow down to Boskaryus
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2011, 06:38:12 PM »
:rollin  Forgot that he mentioned it in the very first line, but yeah.  Oh well...  :)
"The Supreme Court of the United States has descended from the disciplined legal reasoning of John Marshall and Joseph Story to the mystical aphorisms of the fortune cookie."