Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!  (Read 267484 times)

Offline MrBoom_shack-a-lack

• I hit things for a living!
  • DTF.org Member
Re: SKYRIM!!!
« Reply #2380 on: April 27, 2013, 04:02:27 PM »
Oh!  :lol 
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline Zook

• Evil Incarnate
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Take My Hand
« Reply #2381 on: April 27, 2013, 06:52:52 PM »
"ah I hate those, try this"

"I'm on a PS3"

"HAHA fucking loser"

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2382 on: April 28, 2013, 10:27:48 AM »
So I've been pondering my character level and the cap. By my estimate, I'll probably max out about 65, since I have no interest in a couple of the skills, and a couple more I use quite sparingly. Given the way the XP requirements increase exponentially, I'm already getting close to the wall.  Anybody here get to 81? Which leads to the next question, anybody here taking advantage of the legendary skill function? I'm curious what the highest level somebody here has gotten to in here.

Also, I stumbled across it by accident, but at this point in the game any Dwarven armor I make far exceeds every other armor in the game. This includes Daedric, which in my case is heavier and weaker. Not sure why this is. I suppose it might be related to ancient knowledge, but I thought that was bugged to apply to all armor types. Even if they fixed that bug, it's also supposed to apply to a full set, not individual pieces. It doesn't really matter much since the armor cap is pretty easy to hit, but still interesting.

As for me, I'm fixing to legendary my heavy armor skill, even though I only have a couple of perks there. For one thing, the game's gotten too easy. Another is to push back my effective level cap. Without that HA skill, I'll be needing the sturdiest armor I can craft, which appears to be Dwarven.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline alirocker08

• Apparently not a hobbit
  • 'Sup, I'm a very short elf
« Reply #2383 on: April 28, 2013, 11:36:30 AM »
I'm at 58, trying to get up to level 75 at the very least to encounter the legendary dragon in the name of achievevements. I would like to hit the absolute level cap however, and then I'll abuse legendary for the non- combat/passive skills like enchanting, smithing, sneak, and alchemy.
ITT: We discover that Alice is elvish...
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2384 on: May 02, 2013, 12:02:39 PM »
"I said to Nigel Tufnel, 'The door is open if you want to do anything on this record,' but it turns out Nigel has a phobia about doors." /Derek Smalls

Offline DebraKadabra

• Witch Goddess of Lankershim Boulevard
  • DTF.org Member
  • Can I be as my god am?
« Reply #2385 on: May 02, 2013, 12:30:15 PM »
Um... :|

Offline SystematicThought

• DTF.org Member
  • Carpe Diem-2020
« Reply #2386 on: May 02, 2013, 09:02:18 PM »
I remember when he used to shop at our store when he went to the U of M as a grad student. Nice guy
God have mercy on a man
Who doubts what he's sure of.
-Bruce Springsteen

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2387 on: July 22, 2013, 11:15:20 AM »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2388 on: July 23, 2013, 05:27:43 PM »
I'm up to level 83, but I'm pretty much played out. Only thing I haven't finished is the werewolf missions. Explored everything. Done everything. Millions of gold and a salary of 20k/day. Only play it now for goofing around. The plan is to fire it up again during my recovery and play the whole thing through as the exact opposite of my current character. Figure I'll play through as the most morally reprehensible and degenerate character I can possibly be. Also going to install some of the realism mods. Basic needs and Frostfall both seem like they'd add a needed element to the base game.
Argument, the presentation of reasonable views, never makes headway against conviction, and conviction takes no part in argument because it knows.
E.F. Benson

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2389 on: July 24, 2013, 02:44:56 AM »
I'm up to level 83, but I'm pretty much played out. Only thing I haven't finished is the werewolf missions. Explored everything. Done everything. Millions of gold and a salary of 20k/day. Only play it now for goofing around. The plan is to fire it up again during my recovery and play the whole thing through as the exact opposite of my current character. Figure I'll play through as the most morally reprehensible and degenerate character I can possibly be. Also going to install some of the realism mods. Basic needs and Frostfall both seem like they'd add a needed element to the base game.

What about the Falskaar mod?
Psshh, your status as a hobbit has just been a cover. Your cover has been blown.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2390 on: July 24, 2013, 04:23:01 AM »
I've actually re-installed Skyrim simply to play that mod.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2391 on: July 24, 2013, 08:34:34 AM »

What about the Falskaar mod?
First I've heard of it before now. I'll check that out. And once you mentioned, I remembered that I never got around to activating Dawnguard or Dragonborn, so I guess I'm far from played out.

At the same time, I think I'll wait and fire up all the DLC's on a new game to add unknown content. Part of the reason I feel played out right now is because Jesus (my current character) pretty much just needs to look sternly at someone to kill them. There's really no challenge left anymore.

There's also that big-ass underground Dwemer city. Only went through there once as part of some mission. I find the Dwemer stuf rather dull, but I suppose I should explore that, as well.
E.F. Benson

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2392 on: July 24, 2013, 08:51:39 AM »
I think installing DLC and/or mods and then starting from scratch is a cool idea. The only downside is having to play through some of the less interesting missions again, but it's a really fun game still.

Ariich is a freak, or somehow has more hours in the day than everyone else.
I be am boner inducing.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF's Ultimate Frisbee Player
  • DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2393 on: July 24, 2013, 12:32:50 PM »
I've been playing Falskaar a lot lately. It's absolutely incredible. Plus with an enb, it looks totally amazing.

This one is by far my favorite.

I only listen to electro-post dubprog.  You've probably never heard of it.

Offline snapple

• Dad-bod Expert
« Reply #2394 on: July 24, 2013, 12:33:32 PM »
which enb is that?

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2395 on: July 24, 2013, 12:49:28 PM »
SkyRealism ENB Evolved. I believe the preset is "vibrant." I am also using climates of tamriel and the 2k textures packs, and some other mods including grass on steroids (I think). I'm planning on adding some of the other Skyrealism mods because I know they have some other stuff.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2396 on: July 24, 2013, 12:51:01 PM »
I hadn't heard about Falskaar but it looks pretty amazing!

I be am boner inducing.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2397 on: July 24, 2013, 01:07:57 PM »
SkyRealism ENB Evolved. I believe the preset is "vibrant." I am also using climates of tamriel and the 2k textures packs, and some other mods including grass on steroids (I think). I'm planning on adding some of the other Skyrealism mods because I know they have some other stuff.
That looks great, but despite the game being mostly CPU limited, my graphics card struggles to maintain acceptable FPS with the vanilla version. I figure 2k textures would be a back-breaker.
E.F. Benson

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2398 on: July 24, 2013, 02:01:30 PM »
That looks great, but despite the game being mostly CPU limited, my graphics card struggles to maintain acceptable FPS with the vanilla version. I figure 2k textures would be a back-breaker.
I have an i3 and a 7850 1gb. I get 50-60 fps. What's your setup?

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2399 on: July 24, 2013, 03:02:58 PM »
I have an i3 and a 7850 1gb. I get 50-60 fps. What's your setup?
An i5, which is more than adequate, but I think the VGA is like a 5600 series. Something old and mid-level. Skyrim is definitely CPU driven for the most part, but there is a point where graphics cards become a bottleneck. In my case, I've got everything set up the way I like it with 3 monitors on two cards, and I really don't want to go monkeying around with it. Add to that, I need component out for my TV, and none of the newer cards offer anything but HDMI.

A secondary cause is likely that I'm running XP and have no desire to upgrade. Without a 64bit platform and it's added memory availability, that's probably costing me some performance, as well. Regardless, I've had to lower the texture detail to keep it above 20fps at 1080x1920.
E.F. Benson

Offline Dimitrius

• DT.net Member
  • Fuckin' magnets, how do they work?
« Reply #2400 on: July 27, 2013, 02:19:23 PM »
I bet you can probably find a cheap HDMI-to-component if you wanted a new card, but you seem perfectly content with your setup so :tup
Joe and I in the same squad is basically the virtual equivalent of us plowing a rape van through an elementary school playground at recess.

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2401 on: August 05, 2013, 04:08:49 PM »
Hey guys, come September you should all go and download this mod because it'll be out of beta and I'll be in it and it'll be magical.

Offline WindMaster

• DTF.org Alumni
« Reply #2402 on: August 05, 2013, 05:36:41 PM »
Wow, can't wait. That looks really awesome.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2403 on: August 14, 2013, 12:33:42 PM »
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 11:38:39 AM by MrBoom_shack-a-lack »

Offline MetalJunkie

• EZBoard Elder
« Reply #2404 on: August 19, 2013, 07:32:29 PM »
I just can't keep interest in the game. I'm only level 27, but I've beat the story. I can't build enough incentive to keep doing side missions.
Listen! Do you smell something?

Offline Dark Castle

• DTF.org Member
  • SmegmaPrincessX
« Reply #2405 on: August 19, 2013, 07:34:57 PM »
I just can't keep interest in the game. I'm only level 27, but I've beat the story. I can't build enough incentive to keep doing side missions.
I found the DLC storylines to be MUCH better than the actual story.

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2406 on: August 20, 2013, 02:15:19 AM »
I found the DLC storylines to be MUCH better than the actual story.
I haven't even played the DLC, but in general I found side quest stories more interesting than the main stories. Kinda like a TV show where the episode stories are great even if the overall story arc is weak.

I be am boner inducing.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2407 on: August 20, 2013, 03:07:27 AM »
Yea I know but give it some time and hopefully you will feel for it again. Haven't played for 5 months myself but i'm starting to get a urge to play again actually.

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2408 on: August 31, 2013, 07:00:30 PM »
Just heard some sections of the bard songs for that mod, I am so excite. I can't wait to talk to myself.

Edit: Look ma I'm in a video game!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 05:39:59 PM by alirocker08 »

Offline alirocker08

« Reply #2409 on: September 03, 2013, 08:29:13 PM »
I apologise for the double post but the mod has been released! https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8429/?

Also, here's a little sample of the bards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqAkfQrw8JQ

Offline ariich

• Roulette Supervillain
  • Global Moderator
  • sexin' you later
« Reply #2410 on: September 04, 2013, 12:48:57 AM »
That looks awesome! Now I just need to actually get Skyrim on PC and I'll download that. :biggrin:

I be am boner inducing.

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2411 on: January 29, 2014, 04:06:51 PM »

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2412 on: January 29, 2014, 05:13:58 PM »
The Elder Scrolls Online - The Arrival Cinematic Trailer

Looks amazing.
The video's a nice piece of CGI. The game itself looks a cut below Skyrim. Personally, I hate cinematic trailers for games that don't reflect what the actual content will be.
E.F. Benson

• DTF.org Member
« Reply #2413 on: January 29, 2014, 05:51:00 PM »
Yea it's just for promotion. There are gameplay trailers of the game anyway. Here's one for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQFxE4AESn4

I have no problem enjoying cinematic or gameplay trailers as long as they include that in the description. I guess  the reason the gameplay may look the same or a step below than Skyrim is that it's a multiplayer game which on it's own is a more hardware intensive thing than singleplayer. Then if you also take in the fact that the game is played in the whole continent of Tamriel compared to only Skyrim you may be a bit more forgiving for the graphics. It's a pretty damn big project.

Offline El Barto

• Rascal Atheistic Pig
  • DTF.org Alumni
  • Bad Craziness
« Reply #2414 on: January 29, 2014, 07:16:37 PM »
Oh, I don't have a problem with the real game; I watched some gamplay videos before posting. If that's what people want, more power to them (I love Skyrim, but have zero interest in this). I'm only criticizing a promo that makes it look like a Peter Jackson movie when it's really a 2012 era computer game.
E.F. Benson